🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

Awesome day to be a Brit. A hatful of medals today, 3 of them gold. Great job Team GB!

The Romanians have taken Gold,Silver and Bronze.................. Copper,Steel,Brass and even the lead from the Olympic Stadium roof! :eusa_shifty:

Anyone watch Team USA obliterate Nigeria yesterday in hoops? they won by fucking 83 points, 83 points! Carmelo Anthony nailed 10 3 pointers by himself, this massacre set Nigerias basketball program back 20 years at least.

Actually we're just trying to stay out of the controversies and scandals and just focus on and enjoy the events themselves. And so far, at least in those events that we are watching, we are enjoying almost everything. Of course it doesn't hurt that the USA is doing so well, but even if we weren't, we love the competition itself. And so far I haven't had any quarrel with the way the Brit organizers have set it all up.

We have had some problems with the judging in some of the more subjective competitions--gymnastics, diving, etc. But that is not the fault of the Brits.

Actually we're just trying to stay out of the controversies and scandals and just focus on and enjoy the events themselves. And so far, at least in those events that we are watching, we are enjoying almost everything. Of course it doesn't hurt that the USA is doing so well, but even if we weren't, we love the competition itself. And so far I haven't had any quarrel with the way the Brit organizers have set it all up.

We have had some problems with the judging in some of the more subjective competitions--gymnastics, diving, etc. But that is not the fault of the Brits.

As bad as the judging may be.....

It is nowhere close to what we saw during the cold war

Wow__ you'll reach for anything but the stars. :badgrin:

Anyhow, just got done watching my boy Federer with the final set 19-17 to advance to the gold medal round.

Anyhow, just got done watching my boy Federer with the final set 19-17 to advance to the gold medal round.

I was watching that too. Cramming a 5 set match into 3 sets. Murray up next.

I love watching John McEnroe talking about the past on the post game analysis. He hates his opponents so much even still :lmao:

I had dinner with McEnroe in the late 80s. 4 of us at the table, but 20 people must have come up and asked for his autograph while we were eating. Endlessly polite to all of them. Off the court, such a nice guy.

I love watching John McEnroe talking about the past on the post game analysis. He hates his opponents so much even still :lmao:

I had dinner with McEnroe in the late 80s. 4 of us at the table, but 20 people must have come up and asked for his autograph while we were eating. Endlessly polite to all of them. Off the court, such a nice guy.

Small world. I didn't have dinner with him, but did get to meet and have a conversation with him one time. I too found him to be a very pleasant and personable person. Who knows how much the 'bad boy' days of McEnroe and Connors et al on the pro circuit was real and how much of it was staged?

You must have missed the good ole days of Olympic judging

9.5 9.3 9.6 9.5 9.4 and from the Soviet Judge 7.9

Small world. I didn't have dinner with him, but did get to meet and have a conversation with him one time. I too found him to be a very pleasant and personable person. Who knows how much the 'bad boy' days of McEnroe and Connors et al on the pro circuit was real and how much of it was staged?

Can't speak for Conners, but the impression I got was that on court McEnroe didn't feel he had any friends. Everyone was the enemy (players, umpires, linesmen......the ball.....)

Forum List

Back