🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

I had dinner with McEnroe in the late 80s. 4 of us at the table, but 20 people must have come up and asked for his autograph while we were eating. Endlessly polite to all of them. Off the court, such a nice guy.

Small world. I didn't have dinner with him, but did get to meet and have a conversation with him one time. I too found him to be a very pleasant and personable person. Who knows how much the 'bad boy' days of McEnroe and Connors et al on the pro circuit was real and how much of it was staged?

Can't speak for Conners, but the impression I got was that on court McEnroe didn't feel he had any friends. Everyone was the enemy (players, umpires, linesmen......the ball.....)

McEnroe is a few years older than my husband. and when he was a teenager, he played at courts in either little neck or douglaston, queens, i forget which, and he ended up playing my husband and a friend... they couldn't even hit his serve a single time... but he was nice about it from what i'm told. :)

Just got done watching an NBC Sports Network interview with Seth Myer (SNL - I don't watch the show but they were shamelessly plugging it enough not to know). They spent a couple minutes bagging on Mitt Romney for not knowing enough about his wife's horse in the Olympics. And then Meyere said, I'm rooting for the horse. And the host was like "Really?" He sounded really surprised. He answered, "well it's American." And the host was like, "oh yea." Fucking twats! Anyone else noticing what faggots the hosts are at NBC?

Vicky Pendleton with Gold in the Keiron! Whoo-hoo!!!!!

Uh-oh.....disputed result?

Nope, no dispute. Queen Victoria wins!

Last edited:
On Canada's second goal, the Brit in the wall actually moved her head out of the way. WTF?!?!?!

I guess a French judge screwed us in boxing. Even the ref was holding Errol Spence's arm up as the victor and then they announced the other guy. I guess the French and Russian judges are always taking bribes b/c any money they don't get under the table is taken by their governments.

FUCKING NBC - I'm already seeing headlines like Phelps wins gold and meanwhile those BITCHES haven't played it yet b/c they need to show it in "primetime." FUCKING NBC - Live is primetime. How in this fucking day and age is the Olympics not being broadcast live? I can't stand these 'ratings' cock suckers.

And frankly they'd get more ratings showing live and delay in 'primetime.'

Forum List

Back