🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

Congrats to the U.K. and the U.S.A. for taking gold and silver, in that order, in the mens 10,000 meter. Of interest the two guys had trained together and were best friends and they couldn't have been more tickled for each other. It is things like THAT which makes the Olympics special to me. I try to ignore the scandals and obvious corruption as much as possible because those things are downers. But of course if we want to keep the games valid, we do have to correct the problems too.

Mo Farrah of Great Britain wins 10,000 meter Gold
US second

Six Golds for Britain today. Six. Absolutely unheard of. :clap2:

Pinching myself.

Are you a misplaced....er transplanted Brit, Tigerbob? I've never ever even been there but admit to being an unashamed Anglophile.

Just out of curiosity, why are you an anglophile if you've never been there, and why have you never been there if you are an anglophile?

But it is in question, unless "greatest ever" is determined only by medal count (which is one legitimate opinion).

I think there is a strong chance he says 'screw this, I'm already rich as hell' and gorges himself on pot, hookers, and subway footlongs.

But it is in question, unless "greatest ever" is determined only by medal count (which is one legitimate opinion).

Opinions come in statement form. Questions have question marks. The validation of the opinion is irrelevant.

You need to have a drink and pull that stick from outta there, champ.

Correcting your incorrect statement means I'm uptight? Okay. Maybe you should stop drinking lol.

I think there is a strong chance he says 'screw this, I'm already rich as hell' and gorges himself on pot, hookers, and subway footlongs.

I thought there was a great chance he'd do 2016, but he couldn't have went out any better in 2012 - winning what 4 golds in a row and becoming the all-time winning medals Olympian with 22 and gold medals Olympian with 18.

With that alone, he's more than set with endorsements; especially for as long as he holds that record. But we'll see if he doesn't decide that he wants to compete again in a year or two. I do think he'll take at least a year off.

Cannot believe Australia is doing so badly! We really need to lift our game.

I gather there have been a lot of questions asked in the Australian press. Was fairly recent memory that Britain only won a single god at a summer games (Atlanta).

Forum List

Back