🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

Don't forget Solo, Wambach, Ledecky, Franklin (world record), Lochte, Wieber, Ross, Maroney, Raisman, Soni, Clary, ET. AL.! *

*My jingoism comes out at the Olympics, every time.....

Last edited:
Don't forget Solo, Wambach, Ledecky, Franklin (world record), Lochte, Wieber, Ross, Maroney, Raisman, Soni, Clary, ET. AL.! *

Jingo. One of my fave words of all time.

Jingo. One of my fave words of all time.

The US is producing more winners at this point without turning athletes into machines, GO USA!

More early Gold for Team GB to start Saturday! Now up to 3rd place in the medal table. If that position holds, it would be our best position since the London Olympics of 1908.

dm_120802_olympics_2v.jpg

Serena won the Gold for USA! :clap2:

Britain are doing remarkably well... such a little country... such a lot of medals! YAY!

And America is #1... our rightful place - because we are fucking awesome.

The Chinese maybe just aren't taking children away from their parents to turn them into super-athletes early enough... 2 years is just too old. Maybe they should snatch them at birth? Or instigate an Athletes Breeding program. Sick fucking country.

Maybe we dogged it on purpose after being criticized for running up the score in other games.

Maybe we dogged it on purpose after being criticized for running up the score in other games.

I doubt it. We just played a better team and our lack of chemistry was exposed. That said, we're still the favorites by virtue of overwhelming talent. But I think the game showed that the gold medal is not a given.

Women's Team Pursuit. 3 days, three consecutive World Records and the Gold Medal. Awesome job Dani King, Laura Trott and Joanna Roswell!

Yep, just nosed ahead of China in the latest standings. Congrats. :clap2:

I hate China. It annoys me that they are systematically producing these medal winners.

You gotta be totally committed in totalitarianland.

Yes, I watch the faces of the Chinese athletes and they really are committed to their sports and they are genuinely happy when they win. But for themselves? Or their country? Or is it just relief that they won't face any repercussions for failure when they return home? I dunno.

It is hard to find many positives when they take children away from their parents who they will see very infrequently for years and essentially imprisoning them controlling their diet, their sleep schedule, and everything they do while they forego all childhood pleasures, including an education, while they train relentlessly. It is producing a big medal count though.

Yes, I watch the faces of the Chinese athletes and they really are committed to their sports and they are genuinely happy when they win. But for themselves? Or their country? .

Both, just like the American athletes.

It is hard to find many positives when they take children away from their parents who they will see very infrequently for years and essentially imprisoning them controlling their diet, their sleep schedule, and everything they do while they forego all childhood pleasures, including an education, while they train relentlessly. It is producing a big medal count though.

It is overly extreme (the way everything with totalitarian governments is), but consider if someone came to the dirt-poor parents of a young child in a little village in West Virginia where the mines were played out and the father was on disability and offered to give that child a better life - better nutrition, safety, and perhaps fame and fortune - all for the chance to become a national hero.

Just sayin'

I guess a French judge screwed us in boxing. Even the ref was holding Errol Spence's arm up as the victor and then they announced the other guy. I guess the French and Russian judges are always taking bribes b/c any money they don't get under the table is taken by their governments.

Yup. The result was over-turned and the American boxer will fight on.

2012 Summer Olympics -- Errol Spence loss overturned in boxing - ESPN

Of course, the IOC tried to save face and say it was b/c of missed calls and not rigged judging.

Mo Farrah of Great Britain wins 10,000 meter Gold
US second

dm_120802_olympics_2v.jpg

serena won the gold for usa! :clap2:

yes!

She's awesome...came back after an injury last year and won the 4 Grand Slams plus now the Olympic Gold Medal! Outstanding!

American Serena Williams won Olympic tennis singles gold on Saturday, becoming the first player to win all four grand slams and an Olympic title in singles and doubles, with her U.S. team mates Bob and Mike Bryan later taking the men's doubles gold.

Tennis: U.S. has golden day as Serena, Bryans win - Yahoo! Sports

Forum List

Back