🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

Was that what he meant when he talked about security and strikes?

I don't know. I honestly never read what he said. I figured it was just liberal whining and that if it was important then it'd be overwhelmingly known. I guess it wan't important enough.

Seems to be a habit with you: wandering the forums uninformed, guessing, and 'figuring'.

No. They were sold to corporations: Mitt's base.

Now the corporate sponsors need to explain themselves: apparently, corporations are NOT people! :)

Has that been confirmed yet? I thought that it was unclear whether they were corporate tix, or whether they were IOC/Government official giveaways or press seats.

Now the corporate sponsors need to explain themselves: apparently, corporations are NOT people! :)

Has that been confirmed yet? I thought that it was unclear whether they were corporate tix, or whether they were IOC/Government official giveaways or press seats.
From the link:
corporate sponsors, Olympic officials and VIP guests

From the link:

So, according to the link, it's not just the corp sponsors then.... curious that you insist it was.

I don't know. I honestly never read what he said. I figured it was just liberal whining and that if it was important then it'd be overwhelmingly known. I guess it wan't important enough.

He was referring to these:

1. a security company contracted to provide thousands of security personnel who did not deliver on their contract. The Brit military got called in to fill the breach. Police forces from around the country had to send extra officers to London to back up their police presence... leaving other areas of the country with less police.

2. Union workers undertaking passport control threatened to strike over pay and conditions the day before the games started.

3. London taxi drivers also threatened industrial action over the use of 'Olympic lanes' on the roads.

It was a clusterfuck in the run up to the games. Romney was right. The Brits had some wheels to put back on... fast.

Security was indeed a clusterfuck. Not sure what you can do about union workers. Fairly standard union practice to hold everyone to ransom when there's an event that is a can't miss. The unions know that the government have no choice but to negotiate. I'm surprised this didn't happen more. On the other hand, if any union did it, I would have put money on it being the transport unions.

Well, yea... but it does demonstrate that Romney was actually right about what he said. Not that the left care about reality... it's a political point scoring opportunity.

No.

But they are desperate for Mitt to be right about SOMETHING!

At the risk of repeating myself:

1. a security company contracted to provide thousands of security personnel who did not deliver on their contract. The Brit military got called in to fill the breach. Police forces from around the country had to send extra officers to London to back up their police presence... leaving other areas of the country with less police.

2. Union workers undertaking passport control threatened to strike over pay and conditions the day before the games started.

3. London taxi drivers also threatened industrial action over the use of 'Olympic lanes' on the roads.

So, in fact, you're lying... Mitt was right.

Be careful CG. The fact that you are there and have access to the local media and are getting a more unfiltered big picture makes you especially 'stupid' and a 'target for insult' in some quarters.

I don't allow President Obama to be taken out of context by those who think it necessary to do that. And I appreciate Mitt being kept in context too.

And in the grand scheme of thing, are either of their views what is really important about the 2012 Olympics?

From the link:

So, according to the link, it's not just the corp sponsors then.... curious that you insist it was.
Is it a lack of reading comprehension from you, or just a lack of honesty and integrity?

No.

And what do either security or strikes have to do with empty seats?

Nothing.

Another Gold Medal in FAIL for Sandi! :lol:

Be careful CG. The fact that you are there and have access to the local media and are getting a more unfiltered big picture makes you especially 'stupid' and a 'target for insult' in some quarters.

I don't allow President Obama to be taken out of context by those who think it necessary to do that. And I appreciate Mitt being kept in context too.

And in the grand scheme of thing, are either of their views what is really important about the 2012 Olympics?

I know, Foxy... apparently, cheering a country that is not my own means my loyalty to my country is in doubt... regardless of the fact that that country was not competing against my own. :lol:

Context is important, we know that... I just wish other posters would learn it.

Yah....blame it on Mitt.

Here in Tennessee they have PSLs which are sold online. Most of our games go empty because the weather here sucks. It's ether sweltering hot or frigidly cold. The only seat worth sitting in are on field level. All games are broadcast without blackouts because all of the tickets are bought up within minutes of going on sale. Unfortunately most seats go empty because the rich SOBs that bought them never show up for the games because of the hassles you have to go to get your car parked.

Perhaps many are just watching the games on TV rather than going through the hassle of attending.

No.

And what do either security or strikes have to do with empty seats?

Nothing.

Another Gold Medal in FAIL for Sandi! :lol:

I was referring to Romney's comments about Britain not being ready... what the fuck do I care about empty seats? Idiot.

I know, Foxy... apparently, cheering a country that is not my own means my loyalty to my country is in doubt... regardless of the fact that that country was not competing against my own. :lol:

Well, if I lived there I would support the locals.

So much for Olympic unity, huh :) I cheer the Americans too when they are competing in the Olympics just like I cheer our local sports teams when they are competing at the highschool or college level. It is stupid to think that cheering somebody else when our own teams aren't competing is unloyal. Also stupid is not to appreciate the skill and courage and dedication that allows somebody who is not an American to achieve great things.

It is stupid to hate somebody in politics just because he or she beat our preferred candidate. How much more stupid to hate somebody who beat our guy or gal in a sporting event?

Forum List

Back