🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

Speaking of loyalty, the English usually favour the Irish, Scotish and Welsh rugby and football teams over the likes of France and Germany. But whenever you ask the Celts who they'll be cheering when their overlord takes to the field, the treacherous ingrates unanimously favour England's opponent.

And I have noted the Brits also cheering an American when appropriate to do so too.

Blood's thicker than water, Fox. Despite bickering incessantly, no two nations on earth stand for each other's values and interests more than ours.

Yup. Just like family. Fuss and fume and get in a snit all the time, but when somebody is down or in trouble, your family has your back.

Woot! Brit just set the fastest time in the Women's 400 free! Rebecca Adlington - another reminder for me to set in the app!

And I have noted the Brits also cheering an American when appropriate to do so too.

Blood's thicker than water, Fox. Despite bickering incessantly, no two nations on earth stand for each other's values and interests more than ours.

Yup. Just like family. Fuss and fume and get in a snit all the time, but when somebody is down or in trouble, your family has your back.

And we might even cheer on each other's athletes in the Olympics too.

I don't think there was ever a more beloved or more cheered on (by Americans) figure in all of the Olympics than Eddie the Eagle. And he was a Brit through and through. :)

Woot! Brit just set the fastest time in the Women's 400 free! Rebecca Adlington - another reminder for me to set in the app!

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Go Becs!

Yes!!! It was beginning to look like the Chinese were going to take over dominance in the swimming events. (But even though I have a hard time feeling friendly toward China or any other totalitarian country, I still have to enjoy the expression of pure joy and exhilaration on the face of the Chinese athletes when they win. They want it just as much as any other young person, and hopefully for the same reasons.)

Speaking of loyalty, the English usually favour the Irish, Scotish and Welsh rugby and football teams over the likes of France and Germany. But whenever you ask the Celts who they'll be cheering when their overlord takes to the field, the treacherous ingrates unanimously favour England's opponent.

I always felt the same way about the Aussies.

Seems the ones that visit here don't exactly like us.....but any that I've met were pretty fun to be around.

I really enjoyed my time in London. Got to talk to some Beefeaters at the Tower. They were hilarious.

Seems the ones that visit here don't exactly like us.....but any that I've met were pretty fun to be around.

I really enjoyed my time in London. Got to talk to some Beefeaters at the Tower. They were hilarious.

I'm going to Paris in September. I am so gonna get a 'London 2012' t-shirt to wear over there... just to rub some salt into their wound. :lol: They still mad they lost out to London. Bwahahaha!

And we might even cheer on each other's athletes in the Olympics too.

I don't think there was ever a more beloved or more cheered on (by Americans) figure in all of the Olympics than Eddie the Eagle. And he was a Brit through and through. :)

Eddie. Bless 'im. Classic example of a British anti-hero. Surviving was his only ambition.

I'm going to Paris in September. I am so gonna get a 'London 2012' t-shirt to wear over there... just to rub some salt into their wound. :lol: They still mad they lost out to London. Bwahahaha!

Les Vis

USA vs Montenegro water polo. In my opinion, possibly the most exhausting sport on the planet.

I wanna see some more gymnastics.

Women's gymnastics. Why?

Because some of them are cute.

429945_m02.jpg

Be careful CG. The fact that you are there and have access to the local media and are getting a more unfiltered big picture makes you especially 'stupid' and a 'target for insult' in some quarters.

I don't allow President Obama to be taken out of context by those who think it necessary to do that. And I appreciate Mitt being kept in context too.

And in the grand scheme of thing, are either of their views what is really important about the 2012 Olympics?

I know, Foxy... apparently, cheering a country that is not my own means my loyalty to my country is in doubt... regardless of the fact that that country was not competing against my own. :lol:

Context is important, we know that... I just wish other posters would learn it.

Well, if I lived there I would support the locals.

me too..

Forum List

Back