🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

There was a security breach at the opening ceremony when a mystery woman walked along with the team from India. India has made a formal complaint to the organizers.

Looks like there are some security issues... like Romney, and others said there were.

Yeah, we just watched Coe assuring the press that she was just an over-enthusiastic performer from the opening ceremony that got carried away, implying that her identity is known. I reckon he's lying and that nobody knows who she is, least of all the organisers.

Coe? Lying? I can barely believe it!

I was referring to Romney's comments about Britain not being ready... what the fuck do I care about empty seats? Idiot.

THAT'S what you responded to, dope!

Here it is again for the terminally retarded - I've bolded the relevant lines so that you can follow along and find out exactly what you were responding to:

He was referring to these:

1. a security company
contracted to provide thousands of security personnel who did not deliver on their contract. The Brit military got called in to fill the breach. Police forces from around the country had to send extra officers to London to back up their police presence... leaving other areas of the country with less police.

2. Union workers undertaking passport control threatened to strike over pay and conditions the day before the games started.

3. London taxi drivers also threatened industrial action over the use of 'Olympic lanes' on the roads.

It was a clusterfuck in the run up to the games. Romney was right. The Brits had some wheels to put back on... fast.
So, again: what do security and strikes have to do with empty seats?

You FAIL and then you think that yelling "idiot" makes it go away.

Another FAIL! :lol:

Romney wasn't talking about empty seats.

Correct. I never claimed the conversation, or The Great Gatsby, made any sense. But that was the conversation.

Blame the moron who doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about:

There was a security breach at the opening ceremony when a mystery woman walked along with the team from India. India has made a formal complaint to the organizers.

Looks like there are some security issues... like Romney, and others said there were.

Technically not a security breach. She was part of the opening ceremony, so she was screened and so on beforehand.

Enjoying the men's beach volleyball a present. Almost as much fun as the birds.

And I loved this article.

Courageous U.S. Beach Volleyball Players Will Compete in Bikinis Even Though Shorts and a T-Shirt Are Totally Allowed

Odd part... the one US women's team I saw.. did NOT compete in bikinis.. Now the rest of the team did for the most part (minus one Australian pair).

Suspect it's because of the temperature, with most US games starting late.

I saw that TB, and thanks for posting that. Toooooo funny.

On a less positive note, I was watching the ladies' gymnastics last night and thinking how wrong it was that only two from each team can move on to the all around competition. It should be the highest scores and not nationalities that move on like it is in other sports. Just a personal observation and opinion.

Why does NBC think that The Today Show is so important that they have to show it instead of the Olympics? News Flash: Matt Lauer is nothing special. Show the athletes and not him yapping.

Why does NBC think that The Today Show is so important that they have to show it instead of the Olympics? News Flash: Matt Lauer is nothing special. Show the athletes and not him yapping.

I get really frustrated with a lot of NBC's coverage. Who wants to sit and watch several minutes of two guys yammering about something when we could be watching the events? A little bit of background on some of the athletes is okay, but when they go on for five minutes with that which means an event I would like to see is shoved aside, I just want to scream.

I get really frustrated with a lot of NBC's coverage. Who wants to sit and watch several minutes of two guys yammering about something when we could be watching the events? A little bit of background on some of the athletes is okay, but when they go on for five minutes with that which means an event I would like to see is shoved aside, I just want to scream.

^^^ Agreed. Twice.

Loving the bronze for Team GB in men's gymnastics. We NEVER win anything in gymnastics!

Canada's first and thus far only medal is a bronze in synchronized diving. I didn't even know what that was until I heard we won a medal in it.

So far, it's my favourite Olympic sport.

Loving the bronze for Team GB in men's gymnastics. We NEVER win anything in gymnastics!
The Brits were totally ripped off. The guy failed his dismount and GB should have the silver.

America was a serious disappointment.

Exactly right.

They could put on the screen, links to websites of analysis and bio's for the athletes that are competing for those interested in that kind of thing.

Particularly when the women are competing...Who cares what some old guys think. Show us the scantily clad women!

hehe

I don't know. I honestly never read what he said. I figured it was just liberal whining and that if it was important then it'd be overwhelmingly known. I guess it wan't important enough.

He was referring to these:

1. a security company
contracted to provide thousands of security personnel who did not deliver on their contract. The Brit military got called in to fill the breach. Police forces from around the country had to send extra officers to London to back up their police presence... leaving other areas of the country with less police.

2. Union workers undertaking passport control threatened to strike over pay and conditions the day before the games started.

3. London taxi drivers also threatened industrial action over the use of 'Olympic lanes' on the roads.

It was a clusterfuck in the run up to the games. Romney was right. The Brits had some wheels to put back on... fast.

Yea. Wow. That's serious shit. I figured Romney had said something mildly stupid b/c the media teaser on TV was 'Romney tries to back off Olympics Gaffe' and they advertised the British media calling him 'Mitt The Twit.'

WTF? That's just a train wreck. And I'm so sick of f'ing union members thinking it's their right to strike last minute. That's an f'ing breach of contract as far as I'm concerned. Get the f out of the business if it's so bad. They're abusing their privileges and creating bad will.

THAT'S what you responded to, dope!

Here it is again for the terminally retarded - I've bolded the relevant lines so that you can follow along and find out exactly what you were responding to:

So, again: what do security and strikes have to do with empty seats?

You FAIL and then you think that yelling "idiot" makes it go away.

Another FAIL! :lol:

Romney wasn't talking about empty seats.

Correct. I never claimed the conversation, or The Great Gatsby, made any sense. But that was the conversation.

Blame the moron who doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about:

Hey fuckhead (synthaholic). I stated up front that I didn't even know what the specifics of the to do was about with the Romney/Olympics situation. How's that make me an f'ing moron you fucking piece of shit? I said that apparently, Romney was right to criticize the disorganization of the Olympics. And from what I've learned about what Romney referred to and the article I posted about empty seats being wasted, I was right. So back the fuck off dickhead. This is why people think (know) you're an idiot and don't give a fuck about what you have to say.

Home venue advantage? I'd have to think that the judges are affected even if they don't want to admit it.

Well, possibly. All countries seem to do better in their home Olympics.

But I've always thought that usually it's due to the fact that countries pour money and resources into training athletes for several years before they stage an Olympics, and that investment pays off in a bigger haul of medals than if the games would have been held somewhere else.

Either way, I think if we'd benefitted from a home advantage in the judging that we'd have won the silver rather than the bronze.

Canada's first and thus far only medal is a bronze in synchronized diving. I didn't even know what that was until I heard we won a medal in it.

So far, it's my favourite Olympic sport.

That's actually been quite fun to watch.

Forum List

Back