Long overdue: 2 WWI heroes to get Medal of Honor for courage

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
This is good!! Too many non christian and non whites were ignored

On June 2, Johnson will be recognized by President Obama with the Medal of Honor, nation's highest military award. Honored along with Johnson will be Sgt. William Shemin, a Jewish soldier who bolted from his platoon's trench and ran into heavy enemy fire to save a wounded comrade. The White House ceremony is part of an ongoing effort to honor soldiers who may have been passed over due to race or religion.

Long overdue 2 WWI heroes to get Medal of Honor for courage Fox News

What the hell good does it do now? They're dead.

This is good!! Too many non christian and non whites were ignored

On June 2, Johnson will be recognized by President Obama with the Medal of Honor, nation's highest military award. Honored along with Johnson will be Sgt. William Shemin, a Jewish soldier who bolted from his platoon's trench and ran into heavy enemy fire to save a wounded comrade. The White House ceremony is part of an ongoing effort to honor soldiers who may have been passed over due to race or religion.

Long overdue 2 WWI heroes to get Medal of Honor for courage Fox News
Someone told me in my thread it wasnt due to racism or bigotry. It was so dumb of a statement I had no serious reply for it.

What the hell good does it do now? They're dead.
It does something for their relatives who are still alive and kicking. And adds the honorees' names to the list recipients of the C.Medal of Honor, forevermore. Many CMoH recipients were awarded posthumously. That means they were killed in action during the act of supreme bravery or later when they continued to serve their country in combat.

Going forward I am sure the history books will further be corrected

Forum List

Back