Look at this stupid bitch

There are a lot of stoners who think this shit is funny. "C'mon people. It's not like he's drinking a beer". :cuckoo:

I actually have a pic of my son where he looks like he is grabbing a beer at five months old.. Of course you can't see that my brother is holding the beer, plus my son grabbed for it right when I took the pic.. I didn't set it up that way. :lol:

There's a photo of me holding my one month old with an empty half gallon bottle of wine on the counter behind me. I can't recall drinking at that point, and I doubt that I did. But by all means let's roll out the time machine and remove my child because I was "stupid".

I do understand the anger at parents who use drugs, expose their kids to drug use, etc. I share it myself. All I'm saying is that some of you are jumping to an awful lot of conclusions without any facts.

And Radioman, shame on you for that "white trash" comment. Poor people have as much right to custody of their kids as rich people, and I don't like the implication that they are less fit or love them less.

I don't think I was drinking at the time of the picture, but my brother was. :lol:

I do have to say my son has never seen my bong, and never will.

BabyBongSPL_370x278.jpg

Mom posts pic of baby with bong on Facebook | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

Is THIS child abuse?

I say take that kid away and throw the mom in prison.

For what, exactly? The kid obviously has her finger in the bowl, so there is no way there is actually anything in there that is burning. How could it possibly be child abuse? Because it offends you?

Both are illegal in the hands of children.

And truth - while the state "losing a child" is reprehensible, once again you give a pass to the irresponsible parents who have their kids taken away in the first place.

Something tells me the bong pic is simply a big red flag pointing to a bigger crime of parental abuse and neglect.

I agree 110%.

People are idiots, without doubt
20070929-baby%20gun.jpg

girl_gun.JPG

But is it child abuse to pose children like this?

Probably not.

It's just exploiting kids for amusement.

Stupid? yes

Criminal?

Nah!

drug paraphernalia illegal. weapons not illegal. There is your difference.

All of the smoking implements I have were purchased legitimately, including my bong. They're "for tobacco use only" and aren't illegal per se. How does one determine what is and isn't paraphernalia?

And truth - while the state "losing a child" is reprehensible, once again you give a pass to the irresponsible parents who have their kids taken away in the first place.

Something tells me the bong pic is simply a big red flag pointing to a bigger crime of parental abuse and neglect.

I agree 110%.

I have to agree the parents in this case are morons, But unless the state they live in has a specific law against Drug Paraphernalia I don't see how it was a crime unless of course the picture somehow shows the bong was used, which I am sure it was.

And Radioman, shame on you for that "white trash" comment. Poor people have as much right to custody of their kids as rich people, and I don't like the implication that they are less fit or love them less.

Don't assume "white trash" is just a euphemism for poverty. Having been born in the Deep South, you can take the rednecks out of the backwater, but they're still rednecks. I cringe to say it, but it's a "culture", not a social class.

People are idiots, without doubt
20070929-baby%20gun.jpg

girl_gun.JPG

But is it child abuse to pose children like this?

Probably not.

It's just exploiting kids for amusement.

Stupid? yes

Criminal?

Nah!

All of the smoking implements I have were purchased legitimately, including my bong. They're "for tobacco use only" and aren't illegal per se. How does one determine what is and isn't paraphernalia?

Here in Michigan while everyone knows it is drug paraphernalia legally it is not drug paraphernalia until it has drug residue in it. Before that is is simply smoking paraphernalia which could be used for smoking anything.

Don't assume "white trash" is just a euphemism for poverty. Having been born in the Deep South, you can take the rednecks out of the backwater, but they're still rednecks. I cringe to say it, but it's a "culture", not a social class.

So white trash is the problem? You sure there aren't any Blacks smoking pot or doing other stupid shit in front of their kids? Or Hispanics? or... well you get the point.

I agree 110%.

I have to agree the parents in this case are morons, But unless the state they live in has a specific law against Drug Paraphernalia I don't see how it was a crime unless of course the picture somehow shows the bong was used, which I am sure it was.

Looks in use to me.

Here in Michigan while everyone knows it is drug paraphernalia legally it is not drug paraphernalia until it has drug residue in it. Before that is is simply smoking paraphernalia which could be used for smoking anything.

So basically its legality depends on how well I clean it? :lol:

So white trash is the problem? You sure there aren't any Blacks smoking pot or doing other stupid shit in front of their kids? Or Hispanics? or... well you get the point.

They're a problem. As are other people who do crap like this.

Have to agree with that. Plenty of rich white trash out there. Plenty of good white poor people out there.

Well, let's assume so. Do people whose "culture" we disapprove deserve to lose custody?

Well, let's assume so. Do people whose "culture" we disapprove deserve to lose custody?

No. When they commit an action that puts the child in danger though...

My number one value in parenting is the physical safety of the kids. I had one of those idiot husbands who thought it was somehow pussy of them to have their child in a baby seat while in the car, or to forbide it to do such things as ride in the bed of a pick up truck. Believe me, I had fantasies about posioning that man to death.

But just because I have a "blip" on my parenting radar does not modify someone else's right to have custody of their children, nor the child's right to reside with a parent. You can take a stupid risk with your child's safety and not lose custody. You can commit crimes and not lose custody. You can be poor and not lose custody.

Removing a child is an extreme solution that should NOT be used to punish parents for social gaffes. Children who are removed are at extreme danger of abuse and neglect. The remedy you guys seem to be so fond seems to me to be a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Remove children at risk of severe abuse, physical, sexual or emotional. And no other children, period. CPS does not exist to punish poor or young or otherwise marginalized parents for deviant behavior -- it is ONLY to protect children.

Yeah, but that's assuming we're talking about this picture being the sole evidence. I don't think anyone (outside of one very vocal poster) is suggesting that.

The child in the picture is white.

Therefore, it is safe to assume that the mother is as well.

And due to the activities in the photograph, I conclude that the mother is white trash.

Forum List

Back