Looking for a micro 9mm

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
going to spend my bonus on a pocket 9mm

Taking suggestions, but donā€™t say Kimber Micro because Iā€™ll never own another Kimber ever.

Iā€™m looking at the Sig but Iā€™m not settled yet.

SCCY-CPX-2-CPX-2-CBPK-857679003074.jpg.jpg

You would look FABULOUS with this one.

Why don't you go with .40? They come pretty much the same size plus greater stopping power.
Ruger SR40c is a sweet little gun.

RugerĀ® SR40cĀ® * Centerfire Pistol Models

They arenā€™t small enough for pocket carry. I live in Florida and the heat and humidity really makes holsters impractical. I spend most days that Iā€™m not working in a t-shirt and shorts.
Cool man...you do you.

I do keep a 40 in my car at all times though.

Nines in the Pocket: 8 Best 9mms for Personal Defense - Guns & Ammo
Best Single Stack Sub-Compact 9mms [2018] - Pew Pew Tactical

I have a pair of MP shields in 9mm that are my carry weapons on most days, but there is smaller ones.

I could look them up on the internet too, but Iā€™m looking for the opinions of you fine folk.

There is nobody here to pick a handgun for you, I don't know anything about you, You need to go touch, handle and shoot anything you are considering.

Go to a range the rents weapons.

Nines in the Pocket: 8 Best 9mms for Personal Defense - Guns & Ammo
Best Single Stack Sub-Compact 9mms [2018] - Pew Pew Tactical

I have a pair of MP shields in 9mm that are my carry weapons on most days, but there is smaller ones.

I could look them up on the internet too, but Iā€™m looking for the opinions of you fine folk.

There is nobody here to pick a handgun for you, I don't know anything about you, You need to go touch, handle and shoot anything you are considering.

Go to a range the rents weapons.

Iā€™m looking for opinions not advice. You donā€™t want to participate, no one is going to make you.

Serious, mang. Who would carry a loaded pistol in their pocket? That would be too close to my nuts and femoral artery. I don't trust any safety mechanism without a good holster. Maybe go for a revolver in 38/357.

Serious, mang. Who would carry a loaded pistol in their pocket? That would be too close to my nuts and femoral artery. I don't trust any safety mechanism without a good holster. Maybe go for a revolver in 38/357.

I have carried my Ruger LCP in my pocket for 14 years now. It has six in the mag and one in the chamber. No safety, ready to fire. If your gun has a long pull and you practice trigger discipline, itā€™s never a problem.

OK I'll play, Sig 938 is a single action, not the best carry, unless you have the hammer cocked in your pocket.

It is a good looking gun, but you will get the first shot off faster with the glock 43.

I have carried my Ruger LCP in my pocket for 14 years now. It has six in the mag and one in the chamber. No safety, ready to fire. If your gun has a long pull and you practice trigger discipline, itā€™s never a problem.

I understand that newer pistols are more safe, maybe I'm just old-fashioned. When I got my Wisconsin concealed carry in 2011, I carried a Czech CZ-82 in 9mmX18. Then I went to a full-sized Ruger P-89 which was nice because it had a hammer. But the damned thing also has an ambidextrous de-cocker which sometimes got snagged on my shirt or hoodie.

I wasn't a Glock fan at the time but finding a good deal on a G19, that's what I've been carrying for the last 3 years. But those have to be carried in a good holster that has plenty of retention and trigger coverage because they're always ready to go off with a simple press on the trigger. Concealing those in the winter is no problem because I have to dress warm up here, but the Glock tends to "print" in the Summer when I'm wearing a thin shirt. Luckily lour concealed carry law here doesn't care if the outline of your pistol can be seen on your shirt or even if you carry open.

I understand that newer pistols are more safe, maybe I'm just old-fashioned. When I got my Wisconsin concealed carry in 2011, I carried a Czech CZ-82 in 9mmX18. Then I went to a full-sized Ruger P-89 which was nice because it had a hammer. But the damned thing also has an ambidextrous de-cocker which sometimes got snagged on my shirt or hoodie.

I wasn't a Glock fan at the time but finding a good deal on a G19, that's what I've been carrying for the last 3 years. But those have to be carried in a good holster that has plenty of retention and trigger coverage because they're always ready to go off with a simple press on the trigger. Concealing those in the winter is no problem because I have to dress warm up here, but the Glock tends to "print" in the Summer when I'm wearing a thin shirt. Luckily lour concealed carry law here doesn't care if the outline of your pistol can be seen on your shirt or even if you carry open.

If it wasnā€™t for the heat here, Iā€™d carry my Barretta FS 92. Love that gun.

If it wasnā€™t for the heat here, Iā€™d carry my Barretta FS 92. Love that gun.

Those are sweet! I'm looking for a full-sized 1911 right now. You can carry those in condition 0 with one in the chamber, the hammer back, and the safety off. Having an 8-round mag kinda sucks though.

Forum List

Back