Looks like a gun saved an unknown number of lives this weekend.

Right, because of the number of weapons he possessed (ie. guns and bombs).

Although, I'm sure the gun lovers would have us believe everyone was safer because "an armed society is a polite society"......hahah, yeah that makes me laugh too.

I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say that.

No? You aren't paying attention then.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/268421-guns-gave-us-a-civilized-society-12.html#post6554823

http://www.usmessageboard.com/europe/269376-the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works.html#post6547277

Huh? But a gun didn't kill him, a 'people' killed him. That's how it works right?

Yep cuz everyone know that guns don't kill people ... people kill people.

Except when its convenient to say otherwise.

Anyway, no one has said ALL guns should be taken away from ALL people, a fact the nutters conveniently ignore.

Although, I'm sure the gun lovers would have us believe everyone was safer because "an armed society is a polite society"......hahah, yeah that makes me laugh too.

This originally appears in a Heinlein story. It is as applicable today as it was then.

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/268421-guns-gave-us-a-civilized-society-12.html#post6554823

http://www.usmessageboard.com/europe/269376-the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works.html#post6547277

You do know that R.A Heinlein was a fiction writer?

This is a great story. I found it in the Daily Mail UK Here's a situation where a fellow citizen kept a man from killing his ex girlfriend way before the police showed up.

In a life and death situation, minutes count. Bravo young hero!

A Wisconsin Marine Corps veteran used a concealed weapon to stop a man on the street from nearly kicking his ex-girlfriend to death on Tuesday.

Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work at 4:00 am when he spotted the woman on the ground being kicked in the head and stomach by her much larger ex-boyfriend.

The Marine veteran said he jumped out of his car and ran over to shake off the suspect.

‘I said “stop” and he starts coming towards me and that’s when I drew on him. He started getting closer and I said “get down on the ground,”’ Blackmore told Fox 6 in Milwaukee, noting that Wisconsin’s concealed carry law allowed him to do so.

‘I mean I’ve already made it up in mind that if he came at me I was going to have to take him down and I told him that,’ he said.
‘I warned him multiple times not to come towards me because he was a big guy and I wasn’t playing around and he didn’t seem like he was playing around.’

Blackmore said local police officers eventually showed up and forced the suspect to the ground.

article-2294546-18B8BECD000005DC-206_634x347.jpg

Gun rights supporter: Blackmore says he supports Wisconsin¿s concealed carry law and the rights of gun owners because of situations like this

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman | Mail Online

You do know that the people I linked to are the ones parroting that nonsense, not me. Hence why I laughed in my first post at the thought.

guns gave us a civilized society.

Yeah.....sure.....

So was L. Ron Hubbard, and he created a religion. Creating a political talking point is alot easier.

Colleges are gun free zones. College society is not an armed society. Quite the exact opposite.

Huh? But a gun didn't kill him, a 'people' killed him. That's how it works right?

Anyway, no one has said ALL guns should be taken away from ALL people, a fact the nutters conveniently ignore.

People do kill people, a gun won't kill all by itself.

No one says otherwise.

The end game is total disarming of law-abiding citizens, only an idiot would believe otherwise. Nudge nudge wink wink.

Colleges are gun-free zones bub.

And? What's your point?

Banning an AR-15 does in fact remove them from all people who own them, so yes they certainly did suggest that.

guns gave us a civilized society.

Guns are the opposite of civilization. If the nutters get their way, the US will be a police state, at the mercy of who ever has the bigger gun.

Forum List

Back