Looks like Hurricane Milton is gonna be huge...Now a Cat 4

No, those that refuse to leave in areas of mandatory evacuations are required to sign a waiver stating they hold noone responsible for their safety but themselves and that they are aware no rescue efforts will be made to help them. They also have to give contact info for next-of-kin or someone else that authorities can call to identify their bodies afterwards.
When we have wildfires in Arizona the authorities do the same thing. During the Wallow fire, the deputies that came around also took a magic marker and wrote the names of the people that refused to leave on their forearms and told them it was to help id them after the fire. When they did that the two refusing in my RV park promptly packed up and left.

Usually these storms start in the Atlantic coming from Africa and then move into the Caribbean.

Now they're appearing out of thin-air in the Gulf.

Last month meteorologists said this was the most quiet weather-wise they've seen in 50 years. All of the sudden right before the election we've had 2 major hurricanes wiping out areas full of Trump voters. Democrats are saying that Trump voters won't have things set up in time to vote in November.

My, what a coincidence. 2020 we had COVID. This year we've had hurricanes.

A real poser.
There are many hurricanes that have formed in the Gulf of Mexico since records started being kept.

What’s a millibar?
A unit of measure for pressure. The lower the reading, the worse you are. Standard sea level reading in normal weather conditions is around 1013 mbar.

So, the lower the milibar drop, the more powerful the storm coming your way.

I am not in storm surge territory.

That's true. It's something I've never seen before. Just going through neighborhoods and 3 houses are
flattened, then there's 1 not majorly damaged, a few that look like nothing happened, and then
5 empty foundations.
I went through the Waterman Canyon/ Lake Arrowhead area after the fire there in '03...Same thing there.

Can't understand their "logic." Milton is on target to decimate Pinellas and Manatee counties. Both of which voted for Biden in 2020. Don't Democrats have better aim?
in Pinellas Co Biden got .22% more of the vote than Trump, essentially a tie. Manatee Country voted Trump almost 2 to 1. So at least look up your facts before you state them please.

While I don't believe for a minute that the Democrats caused or enhanced the hurricanes, I am quite certain they are giddy with delight that the election in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina is likely to be affected by them. That is very good news for the Democrats.

in Pinellas Co Biden got .22% more of the vote than Trump, essentially a tie. Manatee Country voted Trump almost 2 to 1. So at least look up your facts before you state them please.

While I don't believe for a minute that the Democrats caused or enhanced the hurricanes, I am quite certain they are giddy with delight that the election in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina is likely to be affected by them. That is very good news for the Democrats.

You're right, I was mistaken. I meant Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.

Deep concern for his fellow citizens...

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said he won’t call Congress back into session early to fast-track emergency funding for hurricane victims, arguing that there’s no rush since “it takes a while to calculate the actual damages.”
“We’ll be back in session immediately after the election,” he said in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.”
“That’s 30 days from now. The thing about these hurricanes and disasters of this magnitude is it takes a while to calculate the actual damages, and the states are going to need some time to do that,” he continued.

1728324927027.png

With another low/potential storm forming in the Bahamas, and one on the Pacific side of Mexico.

1728324383910.png

Last edited:
My neighbor just told me she will lose everything if the surge is over 12'. Any hurricane damage from wind is covered but does not include storm surge/water damage, so if it goes over 12' all she has left is the land and what remains of her home. It appears to me she is preparing to lose everything.

My neighbor just told me she will lose everything if the surge is over 12'. Any hurricane damage from wind is covered but does not include storm surge/water damage, so if it goes over 12' all she has left is the land and what remains of her home. It appears to me she is preparing to lose everything.
I have great sympathy for your neighbor. But honestly, those who live in low lying areas on the coast and in flood plains and other flash flood prone areas should buy flood insurance too or live elsewhere. It is the responsible thing to do. If they have a mortgage, the mortgage lender almost always requires that.

But honestly, those who live in low lying areas on the coast and in flood plains and other flash flood prone areas should buy flood insurance too or live elsewhere. It is the responsible thing to do
They don't offer it anymore, dum dum.

I have great sympathy for your neighbor. But honestly, those who live in low lying areas on the coast and in flood plains and other flash flood prone areas should buy flood insurance too or live elsewhere. It is the responsible thing to do. If they have a mortgage, the mortgage lender almost always requires that.

Just move. So simple.

Let's just say I wouldn't put it past them.

The Chinese used COVID to bulldoze cities so they could rebuild.

Maui's response seems to have been similar.

The rich get richer and the poor die.
Fyi....why would dems want to hurt their own voters?

Hillsborough county, Tampa included, voted for Biden in 2020 by majority

Pinellas County, aka St.Pete, Clearwater etc, voted by majority for Biden.

Just move. So simple.
No it isn't simple. Not an easy thing to do. But Americans should take responsibility for the choices they make. If I choose to live on a hurricane prone coast, I should take the responsibility for the risk I am assuming and protect myself the best that I can. And I should not expect others to do that for me.

I certainly did not expect the government or my neighbors to be responsible to replace whatever we lost to wind, hail, tornadoes, lightning or whatever living in Texas and the midwest. We expected to buy insurance to cover that kind of damage. And if our house was in an area susceptible to flash flooding, we had flood insurance.

They don't offer it anymore, dum dum.

Many private insurers are now offering it as well. Expensive especially in high risk areas. But it is available.

Hey when is the last time we saw a hurricane come off Mexico and head due East?:biggrin:
Not to my recollection.

Lots of fcukedupedness going on.

Forum List

Back