Looks like Hurricane Milton is gonna be huge...Now a Cat 4

Decimate? Everyone else has been saying this is gonna be catastrophic. If it's only going to reduce the areas infrastructure by 10%; why is everyone freaking out. That's totally manageable.

Where did you see only a 10% reduction?

Decimate? Everyone else has been saying this is gonna be catastrophic. If it's only going to reduce the areas infrastructure by 10%; why is everyone freaking out. That's totally manageable.
You do realize that even if it “only” killed 10% of the population in its path, that’s 100’s of thousands of people

Who’s predicting that it will make landfall as a category 3? Where are they getting that information?

Don’t these storms generally get stronger the longer they’re over the gulf waters?
That depends on the water temp in the gulf and warm/cold fronts that steer it. I've seen them both get stronger and weaker before the eye hits land.

I think some people are being lulled by the prediction that it's gonna be a Cat 3 at landfall.

"Oh, I've rode out many a Cat 3" they are thinking.....Thing is they never rode out a 12 foot storm surge before because it has never happened in the predicted impact area before.

Predicted storm surge.....Including the back board with waves on top.

OIP._c_qYkunlq-BQKZ5jzi8kQAAAA

Most of the people who stay remember past predictions that never lived up to the hype.

Who’s predicting that it will make landfall as a category 3? Where are they getting that information?

Don’t these storms generally get stronger the longer they’re over the gulf waters?

By "hit," they mean the eye makes landfall. But the storm, being much bigger than the eye, makes landfall hours before the eye. Those winds are not as strong as the winds around the eye wall, but being over land, they do weaken the hurricane a bit so by the time the eye does make landfall, a cat 4 can weaken to maybe a cat 3.

Democrats don't necessarily cause the problems that happen.

They just set up the conditions that make problems happen more often.

We all know that if the Dems would allow schools to improve security they wouldn't be soft targets anymore.

But for some strange reason Democrats fight against anything that makes any sense.

My guess is Democrats are more of an impediment to progress than anything else.

I do believe that their radical groups are into sabotage. Things don't just happen all the time that benefits The Swamp. There's usually something they're doing to cause it.

For example when the Helene came thru they opened the flood gates on the dams which flooded everything. They made a bad situation worse.
It is common though to open the flood gates when great amounts of rain are expected. Otherwise if the water tops the dam, the dam could fail. And that would be far worse for those downstream.

I thought we were referring to infrastructure. Looks like most of the people are evacuating.
I ain't goin' nowhere. Cracka Powah! WoOOOoooo!
slaaaayer_large.gif

110 mph?
I ain't gonna be like this dude, my version is full-face helmet and leaning into it.
Stop signs fucking you up are unfortunately an inherent risk to such activities.
Among many, many, many things that can become projectiles in a hurricane.
Things you never thought of, I guarantee that. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
That depends on the water temp in the gulf and warm/cold fronts that steer it. I've seen them both get stronger and weaker before the eye hits land.
The hottest water temp Milton will encounter is around 90 degrees.....And it has not got there yet.

Tampa Bay's water temp is 85 degrees right now.

No, it appears you have the detection problem, it don't matter, the thread is about an actual Cat 5 hurricane, do you think that is funny for the people in its path?
Still forecast to decrease to Cat 3 before Florida though.

Forum List

Back