🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Looming Republican Government Shutdown having Adverse effect on the Market.

Then obama should not veto the proposed budget. Then there will be no shutdown. Reid should pass it and obama should sign it.
In other words, Obama should give in to the extortion and and agree to gut the ACA. Or put another way, the minority should be able to tell the majority what to do or the minority will crash the nation. Did I nail it???

So you think the GOP should give in to the extortion instead? But how is it "extortion" to insist on taking less money rather than more money? If you're going to use a term like extortion at least get it right.

The votes are in the House that would pass the bill that would prevent a shut down if it was presented as an up or down vote on a clean bill. It would pass with Republican votes. The speaker doesn't have the balls to confront the extreme element in his party. He is afraid he will loose his job as Speaker. Being Speaker is more important to him than the good of the country. He is a selfish coward. If he allows the vote on a clean bill it will pass, but he may loose his job as Speaker. Whats complicated about that?

If the Senate voted for the House bill and the president signed it it would also avert a shut down. Obviously the Dems want a shut down.
Amd they do. Obama has set it up, declaring he wont negotiate at the outset. Why? Because he's thinking this is 1995 all over again. But it isn't. The economy is shit due to his policies. And people are fed up with big government and especially with ACA, which was passed before anyone understood what it did.

Nonsense. The Dem's don't want to negociate a law that was passed by Congress, signed by the President and ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court. Nor do they want to negociate a Republican bill full of controversial riders in exchange for keeping the government from defaulting on it's debts and shutting down needed services that are provided to citizens by the government. Dem's know that a clean bill would pass with Republican votes. Why should they prevent the Repub's from becoming known as disfunctional loosers to a growing number of citizens and voters?

The votes are in the House that would pass the bill that would prevent a shut down if it was presented as an up or down vote on a clean bill. It would pass with Republican votes. The speaker doesn't have the balls to confront the extreme element in his party. He is afraid he will loose his job as Speaker. Being Speaker is more important to him than the good of the country. He is a selfish coward. If he allows the vote on a clean bill it will pass, but he may loose his job as Speaker. Whats complicated about that?

If the Senate voted for the House bill and the president signed it it would also avert a shut down. Obviously the Dems want a shut down.
Amd they do. Obama has set it up, declaring he wont negotiate at the outset. Why? Because he's thinking this is 1995 all over again. But it isn't. The economy is shit due to his policies. And people are fed up with big government and especially with ACA, which was passed before anyone understood what it did.

Nonsense. The Dem's don't want to negociate a law that was passed by Congress, signed by the President and ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court. Nor do they want to negociate a Republican bill full of controversial riders in exchange for keeping the government from defaulting on it's debts and shutting down needed services that are provided to citizens by the government. Dem's know that a clean bill would pass with Republican votes. Why should they prevent the Repub's from becoming known as disfunctional loosers to a growing number of citizens and voters?

Yeah, in your support, might I add that dimocraps have always been like this.

Like Dred Scott? Remember that case by a dimocrap Supreme Court?

Or, how about all the Laws passed by dimocraps that made the returning of Run-away Slaves to the South from the North easier...... And the LAW!!!????

Seems to me, it was Republicans trying to change those Laws, too.

Laws are made to be repealed.

Yeah, in your support, might I add that dimocraps have always been like this.

Like Dred Scott? Remember that case by a dimocrap Supreme Court?

Or, how about all the Laws passed by dimocraps that made the returning of Run-away Slaves to the South from the North easier...... And the LAW!!!????

Seems to me, it was Republicans trying to change those Laws, too.

Laws are made to be repealed.

I don't remember the Dred Scott era. I wasn't born yet. I have read that Democrats were more like Republicans and Republicans were more like Democrats in those days.

Then obama should not veto the proposed budget. Then there will be no shutdown. Reid should pass it and obama should sign it.

Republicans shouldn't make crazy demands and put the bill the Senate sent them to a vote

The senate should have stayed in session this past weekend like the house did to compromise . They did not they took the weekend off . So it is the DEMS who have not past a budget in over 5 yrs

Dems need to call the bluff. If it shuts down, let the chips fall where they may. We're already seeing the polling numbers showing that the vast majority of voters will blame the Republicans, so I say let it happen. The Republican Party is nothing but a joke at this point. Believe me when I tell you that moderate Republicans are leaving the party in droves. That doesn't mean they are all turning Democrat, but many will vote Democrat in the future. For a party who just took a beating in a presidential election they were certain they were going to win, it's truly amazing the path they have take since then. Doubling down on stupid seems to be the new Republican motto.

2 things.

First off Republicans have not defunded anything under Obama nor have they shut down Government under Obama. Republicans did as Obama did when he was in the Senate, they took a stand on not upping the debt ceiling but caved as usual.

Secondly, the markets taking a hit is further prof that the economy is in the shitter, without mass welfare everyone knows this country will head into a depression, where it belongs so that it can clear the 2 trillion a year malinvestment deficits Obama has been running.

Exactly.

2 things.

First off Republicans have not defunded anything under Obama nor have they shut down Government under Obama. Republicans did as Obama did when he was in the Senate, they took a stand on not upping the debt ceiling but caved as usual.

Secondly, the markets taking a hit is further prof that the economy is in the shitter, without mass welfare everyone knows this country will head into a depression, where it belongs so that it can clear the 2 trillion a year malinvestment deficits Obama has been running.

Exactly.

But right at this moment Republicans refusing to vote on an up or down bill is decreasing the value of my portfolio and other peoples portfolio's. They are causing people to loose money on their investments. All they have to do is put a clean bill on the floor of the House and we would start making money instead of loosing money. Pretty fucking simple.

2 things.

Exactly.

But right at this moment Republicans refusing to vote on an up or down bill is decreasing the value of my portfolio and other peoples portfolio's. They are causing people to loose money on their investments. All they have to do is put a clean bill on the floor of the House and we would start making money instead of loosing money. Pretty fucking simple.

Another me me me democrat poster.

You missed the point. If you were a smart investor, you'd be taking advantage of the opportunity presented in the markets instead of whining like a Democrat.

For the third time in US history, Conservative Republicans are engaging in a petulant power play against a Liberal Democratic President.

For the first time in American History, the Conservative Republicans are using the Debt Ceiling as a means to defund a law they don't like.

Markets are reeling..

Breaking News

U.S. stocks sink at the open as federal shutdown looms. Dow sheds 150 points. Nasdaq slides 1%. S&P 500 falls 0.9%.
CNNMoney - Business, financial and personal finance news

:eusa_whistle:

I see you are worried about your rich buddies again, not surprising for an Obama fan.

The Markets couldn't care less.

As promised, the senate quickly punted it back to the House, so it's entirely in Boehner's hands now, whether the government shuts down. Given that he's going to be taken out in the primary by some TeaPartyWhackjob anyways, the least he should do is act with some decency before he sidesteps into his multimillion dollar lobbying job.

They are salivating at the prospect of a gov't shutdown, remembering all the blame that was heaped on Republicans back in '95. That is why they refuse to negotiate, even though hammering out compromise is what Congress and the president is all about.

So um... answer me this.

How are the Republicans trying to "shut down the government"? They have offered to fund everything in the government except Obamacare. How is that wanting to shut down the government? Aren't Harry Reid and Obama the ones trying to shut it down? Aren't they they ones continually refusing to make a compromise?

Dems need to call the bluff. If it shuts down, let the chips fall where they may. We're already seeing the polling numbers showing that the vast majority of voters will blame the Republicans, so I say let it happen. The Republican Party is nothing but a joke at this point. Believe me when I tell you that moderate Republicans are leaving the party in droves. That doesn't mean they are all turning Democrat, but many will vote Democrat in the future. For a party who just took a beating in a presidential election they were certain they were going to win, it's truly amazing the path they have take since then. Doubling down on stupid seems to be the new Republican motto.

Actually it is the Republicans calling the Democrat's bluff. Remember, since 2006 the government has been under democrat control. You know how the left likes to brag about how Republicans can't win elections. Well you can't have it both ways. The Republicans are merely responding to a President and a democrat party that will not compromise nor will they even discuss anything but what they want. As for Ahole W. Clinton saying there is nothing to negotiate because Obamacare is law he should tell that to Obama who has already when above the law and changed the requirements of Obamacare, like employer's mandates. But nothing to help the middle class who is going to be the ones that lose in the whole affair.

You missed the point. If you were a smart investor, you'd be taking advantage of the opportunity presented in the markets instead of whining like a Democrat.

I'm not a democrat and never have been one. But you go ahead and run with that. Watch how people who are loosing funds react.

I'm not a democrat and never have been one. But you go ahead and run with that. Watch how people who are loosing funds react.

Anyone who panics over the events of one day in the market should be hiding their money under their bed. The market will go down on Monday, as it usually does, and it will gain back toward the end of the week, as it usually does. What is different is that the liberal left, who say they hate the 1 percent, want to use them as a lever to kill the middle class with Obamacare.

The market is adjusting and performing exactrly as I said it would....six months ago before this ever was an itch in someone's boxers.

Don't be ridiculous.

Why should he cave?

The Affordable Care Act was passed by a democratically elected Congress, signed by a democratically elected president, and upheld by the Supreme Court.

U.S. voters had a chance to get rid of it in an election. Instead they voted to keep it because the democrats won and the republicans lost.

It's called democracy.

Shutting down the government, just because they didn't get their way on 1 law is tyrannical.

So let me see if I understand how this works...

If your side controls the House, Senate and the Oval Office and push through a bill that the American people didn't really want...rushing it through before the representatives that the voters just elected could stop it...then that bill is UNTOUCHABLE? Because you managed to get it through before the American people could stop you...they have no recourse now but to live with it?

Let's be honest about this situation...the progressive wing of the Democratic Party pushed for ObamaCare. It's not a well written piece of legislation. If it's allowed to stand without major changes it's going to be a train wreck. That's something that many Democrats have already admitted. So where is the compromise from the Obama Administration on this law? What have they compromised on EVER? They have taken the same tact as you...that ObamaCare is established...therefore it is written in stone! Written in stone even though enormous parts of it simply won't work.

Don't be ridiculous.

Why should he cave?

The Affordable Care Act was passed by a democratically elected Congress, signed by a democratically elected president, and upheld by the Supreme Court.

U.S. voters had a chance to get rid of it in an election. Instead they voted to keep it because the democrats won and the republicans lost.

It's called democracy.

Shutting down the government, just because they didn't get their way on 1 law is tyrannical.

The Act was passed solely by democrats without a single republican vote.

So?

Forum List

Back