Louisiana Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban

The psychologists found very few differences among the children at any of the assessments over the two-year period following placement.

A two year study by liberal academia, wow, that's like a mathematical proof. LOL.

As I said before as a product of a single parent home, man/woman is ideal for emotional development. It's how we evolved. I don't see how any two year study of children would show that.

I don't care about anyone's right to adopt, what's best for the kid is man/woman. So qualified man/woman should get government driven adoptions over single or gay. Once all qualified man/woman are fulfilled, then I don't really care if gays adopt. Gays I have heard have adopted a lot of hard to place children. I can't prove that, it's just what I heard and I'm not interested enough to research.

You claim you're not a bigot but you sure argue like one. Can you counter the study with another study? Anything?

What parenting skill requires either gender?

Role models------------------------------teaching a boy to be a man and a girl to be a woman. Its not complicated, its biological. Can a butch lesbian teach a boy what it means to be a man? Can a gay man teach a girl what it means to be a woman? I think not.

There are endless studies on that. Fathers have a lot to do with the security and confidence of children of both sexes. The mother with a sense of unconditional love and belonging Any parent sees kids who get an owie run to their mother if they have a choice to get a hug. When they want to play and be challenged, the father.

Now in healthy relationships, they go to the other parent when the primary one for that purpose is not there. But the roles are clear and any observant, knowledgeable person would see that not having both would not be ideal. Two mothers or two fathers do not fill both roles. They fill one role twice. It's like having two pitchers or two catchers instead of a pitcher and a catcher.

I don't care about anyone's right to adopt, what's best for the kid is man/woman. So qualified man/woman should get government driven adoptions over single or gay. Once all qualified man/woman are fulfilled, then I don't really care if gays adopt. Gays I have heard have adopted a lot of hard to place children. I can't prove that, it's just what I heard and I'm not interested enough to research.

The problem is that many states ban same-sex couples from adopting at all. There are two realms of adoption: (a) government based where children are orphaned and trapped in foster care (especially if older than a "new born"), (b) the realm of private adoption where children come from surragacy, sperm donation, IVF, "step" parents.

Should the state block these adoptions and it isn't a discussion of whether a "qualified man/woman" are available since the same-sex couple will be raising the children anyway?

>>>>
I addressed that. I am only referring to government managed adoptions. Private adoptions are NOTFB (none of their business).

And yet they discriminate against same-sex couples by blocking even those private adoptions.

>>>>

Well, I am with you on that, I don't see how government has any legitimate power to do that.

[

Role models------------------------------teaching a boy to be a man and a girl to be a woman. Its not complicated, its biological. Can a butch lesbian teach a boy what it means to be a man? Can a gay man teach a girl what it means to be a woman? I think not.

So your argument here is that they aren't capable of enforcing long-dead gender stereotypes.

You know, when i grew up, the only women you saw in the office were secretaries.

Today women are managers, supervisors, CEO's. I guess no one taught them how to be a "woman".

The psychologists found very few differences among the children at any of the assessments over the two-year period following placement.

A two year study by liberal academia, wow, that's like a mathematical proof. LOL.

As I said before as a product of a single parent home, man/woman is ideal for emotional development. It's how we evolved. I don't see how any two year study of children would show that.

You claim you're not a bigot but you sure argue like one. Can you counter the study with another study? Anything?

Name the specific skills. I'm hearing a lot of vague generalities but nothing that requires either gender.

There are endless studies on that. Fathers have a lot to do with the security and confidence of children of both sexes. The mother with a sense of unconditional love and belonging Any parent sees kids who get an owie run to their mother if they have a choice to get a hug. When they want to play and be challenged, the father.

Now in healthy relationships, they go to the other parent when the primary one for that purpose is not there. But the roles are clear and any observant, knowledgeable person would see that not having both would not be ideal. Two mothers or two fathers do not fill both roles. They fill one role twice. It's like having two pitchers or two catchers instead of a pitcher and a catcher.

So where are these "endless studies"?

You also are providing nothing but vague generalities.

What studies actually do show (and have been provided) is that our children are at no disadvantage to the children of heterosexuals.

What studies actually do show (and have been provided) is that our children are at no disadvantage to the children of heterosexuals.
Irony, when seawytch is challenged for a study, seawytch gives a link to an activist site with an article dictating opinion as fact.

Name the specific skills. I'm hearing a lot of vague generalities but nothing that requires either gender.

the fact that you would ask that proves my point.

[

So your argument here is that they aren't capable of enforcing long-dead gender stereotypes.

You know, when i grew up, the only women you saw in the office were secretaries.

Today women are managers, supervisors, CEO's. I guess no one taught them how to be a "woman".

no dipshit, its not about stereotypes. In case you haven't noticed, men and women are different in many physical and emotional ways. Those differences are there for the preservation of the human species.

But since you are a metrosexual I guess you just don't understand.

Irony, when seawytch is challenged for a study, seawytch gives a link to an activist site with an article dictating opinion as fact.

she's a one trick pony.

LOL, you want me to prove that men are different than women and that matters to children? LOL. Pass. How old are you? 12? 8? 4?

'So where are these "endless studies"?'

There are none.

Indeed, at trial those opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples have failed to produce any evidence indicating that children in homes with same-sex parents are at a 'disadvantage.'

It's time we replace these rogue judges. We don't want dictators deciding what is law.

Rogue Judges?

Here's a list of some of the states that banned gay marriage but judges struck down the bans.

Virginia, Florida, Louisiana, Indiana, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Idaho, Oregon, Connecticut, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, Utah, Arkansas, Alabama.

Those were just the ones I could find in a search. I'm sure there's more. I think the ban in Ohio was stuck down too.

These aren't "rogue" judges. In fact, some of them were appointed by the bush boy.

Face it, you bigots lost.

Get over it.

Explain again how the majority get what they want over the minority including depriving us of our liberty and property because we are a democracy who believe in mob rule, yet the majority can be overruled by one guy in a robe?

How are you being deprived of your liberty and property when gay people get married or when a judge rightly rules according to the constitution in favor of gay marriage?

The majority can be over ruled by a judge when the majority votes for a law that's unconstitutional. Almost every judge in almost every case ruled that according to the constitution those laws are unconstitutional.

Explain again how the majority get what they want over the minority including depriving us of our liberty and property because we are a democracy who believe in mob rule, yet the majority can be overruled by one guy in a robe?

How are you being deprived of your liberty and property when gay people get married or when a judge rightly rules according to the constitution in favor of gay marriage?

The majority can be over ruled by a judge when the majority votes for a law that's unconstitutional. Almost every judge in almost every case ruled that according to the constitution those laws are unconstitutional.
Yet, Judges ruled in favor for Slavery, so not everything a Judge does is legal or constitutional. Now which part of the constitution states a heterosexual child shall be adopted by a homosexual man man government ruled, regulated, and created Family.

Yes, we should review all the Laws that Judges made bad decisions in, 100's concerning Slavery, if not thousands. Judges perpetuated Slavery, even after the Civil War, Judges stood in the way of Civil Rights.

Time to remove the Judges, Liberal Activism from the bench.

Yes, we should review all the Laws that Judges made bad decisions in, 100's concerning Slavery, if not thousands. Judges perpetuated Slavery, even after the Civil War, Judges stood in the way of Civil Rights.

Time to remove the Judges, Liberal Activism from the bench.
This is comprehensively ignorant and ridiculous.

There are none.

Indeed, at trial those opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples have failed to produce any evidence indicating that children in homes with same-sex parents are at a 'disadvantage.'
I like studies, you have any?
Yes, this article in one of our quality broadsheets is about a study by Cambridge University.
Children in gay adoptions at no disadvantage - Health News - Health Families - The Independent

There are none.

I like studies, you have any?
Yes, this article in one of our quality broadsheets is about a study by Cambridge University.
Children in gay adoptions at no disadvantage - Health News - Health Families - The Independent
Actually, that article announced a study that had not been released at the time of the article. Nobody ever posts the studies, why is that, they are everywhere but nobody ever actually links to one.

Very telling, well I guess we can rest assured, that based on the article, everything is fine. Boy I wish I had a good article to counter your article. Damn.

Forum List

Back