LSU student is raped by 4 guys then dies by a car crash

How?

Where does she bear responsibility for her actions?

Of course, she bears some responsibility.

But the holder of a liquor license also has a responsibility not to excessively overserve the minors who are drinking on the licensed premises.

Remember that the girl was a minor.

When I was that age we would have a lot of wild parties, but if some girl was that drunk and some dudes tried to take advantage and rape them, that was intolerable. They would get their asses thoroughly kicked.

Of course, she bears some responsibility.

But the holder of a liquor license also has a responsibility not to excessively overserve the minors who are drinking on the licensed premises.

Remember that the girl was a minor.
that is why she never went to the bartenders for drinks.

Also why is the not true of guns sellars?

When I was that age we would have a lot of wild parties, but if some girl was that drunk and some dudes tried to take advantage and rape them, that was intolerable. They would get their asses thoroughly kicked.
Yeah, there wasn't rapes back in the day...

This looks like a tough case to prove, as the victim is no longer around to testify. And considering the fact that the accused are people of color, the BLM defense is going to be pretty strong here in a Democrat led state like Louisiana.
Louisiana is generally a very conservative state with the exception of New Orleans and one or two other cities. If those guys beat the charges they'd be wise to find a "friendlier" place to live. Lots of gators and bayous to go missing in...

It doesn't matter she is deceased, her BAC was 0.319, 4 times the legal limit, and you can't give consent when you are that drunk. It was rape and they will charge them with it.
Proving it is the burden.

It doesn't matter she is deceased, her BAC was 0.319, 4 times the legal limit, and you can't give consent when you are that drunk. It was rape and they will charge them with it.
You bring up an interesting point. What about all those times when drunk people go to bars and have sex after though.

sexual assault happens when people are sober drinking or using drugs. Does the law say something different about that? Obviously somebody is passed out drunk and they get sexually assaulted that’s a crime.

The question becomes what if two people are both drunk or on drugs and they have sex with each other. I mean that happens all the time in this country.

I was under the assumption that people have drunk sex all the time in America. Considering the nightlife the bars Las Vegas things like that.

Last edited:
what was the actual sex act? I mean the whole time she was in a car so it must’ve been a large backseat? So we need more details here I would say.

I suppose it’s important to look past the headlines in a case like this. I’m glad I did.

Well the bottom line is if one of those men in the backseat forced that young woman to do something well that is a crime that is sexual assault. That’s all there is to it.

The question for the defenses did this young woman consent?

It appears from The fox report that she was willingly able to get out of the car and then request an Uber driver but then she was apparently killed by another driver on the road.

Read the OP. She only consented to the two that were in the back seat with her. And, the two in the front even said that they didn't feel right about what was going on.

BTW.................she was more of a seriously drunk chick than a hot chick with a BAC of 0.319. I've seen some seriously smoking hot women who spent time doing damn near everything in a bar with an ugly guy when they were drunk as hell. Sorry, but even hot women will wanna smash with ugly guys if they're drunk enough, since alcohol seriously impairs a persons judgement and inhibitions. Saw it happen many times while working as a bartender/manager.
Man that’s weird to have three people in the backseat doing a sex act and then to have two people in the front seat. even back in my high school days or early college days that would not have been a cool or normal thing.

And presumably the sexual assault occurred while the car was moving? Was the car parked?

Wasn’t there a 17 year old girl in the car? What’s the deal with that too. So I will be interested in hearing her testimony compared to what the men have to say.

You know like I said. If any of those men are guilty of forcing that women to act sexually then they have to pay with time in prison. God knows what happened.

But I go back to my earlier point. Drunken Sex it is happening every night in America with both men and women.

Last edited:
dude she is fucking dead you wont be hearing anything from her...
Presumably your response is to me.

Was there something I said that was wrong?. I have honest questions here. I already said the most important thing if any of those men forced her to do a sexual act they need to pay with prison time. There you go I don’t think we disagree on anything?

Everyone should read the OP's link, because the last paragraph of what you think the defense is gonna be, is pretty much what the defense is saying.

And, yeah.............I also hate to say it, but there was a bit of fault on her part. According to the OP's link, her BAC was 0.319 as tested by the police. That means she had to be pounding down some serious drinks to get that high of a BAC, spiking her drink wouldn't be required as her judgement would be SERIOUSLY impaired at that level.
You Said you’re a bartender right ? you probably seen it all the time men and women getting wasted and then going home together hooking up or something. I can certainly tell you from my travels being in Las Vegas often you see these kind of things. I mean this is normal adult behavior frankly.

What is not normal example is to have a 17-year-old girl in a car with a 28-year-old man. I want to know what’s going on there I’d like to hear testimony from that 17 year old girl and see what she has to say. Because perhaps she provides different testimony than the men in the car. Either way that’s a very bad look for that 28 year old guy to be there in the car in the backseat with a 17-year-old she’s under age so that’s a problem.

o my apologies upon re reading it....there was another girl in the car....i cant get the op's article...again my apologies

let me go find another source before i put my other foot in my mouth

Talk about bad luck
WTF

I thought my luck sucks.

Poor girl is dead

Do you think these 4 guys will pay for rape ??
I think she has already paid the ultimate price for being a very stupid girl

And so should the four men

Maybe not death for them, but at least a ruined life in prison

they have film according to the men's lawyers and they are only charged with third degree rape...so the men are guilty of rape but are they guilty in her death? i dont think so...she was able to call an uber? if she felt violated why no 911 call? there are just a lot of unanswered questions...they most certainly took advantage of her but are they responsible for her series of really bad decisions..and who did she go to the bar with...who was buying her drinks?

Talk about bad luck
WTF

I thought my luck sucks.

Poor girl is dead

Do you think these 4 guys will pay for rape ??
“Brooks, a 19-year-old sophomore, died after she was hit by a car in the early morning hours of Jan. 15 in East Baton Rouge Parish. Four people, including a minor, have been charged in connection with events prior to her death.

Specifically, the 17-year-old, who has not been identified, and 18-year-old Kaivon Deondre Washington were charged with third-degree rape. Two others, Everett Deonte Lee, 28, and 18-year-old Casen Carver, were charged with being principles to third-degree rape.

In Louisiana, third-degree rape involves sexual intercourse that "is deemed to be without the lawful consent of a victim," according to state law.

An LSU spokesperson confirmed that none of the four suspects were university students.”

And the drivers not being charged. When I see the driver I mean the driver who hit the young lady. What a horrific accident that in and of itself was.

Ah I thought the 17-year-old minor was a young lady but it appears it was actually a young man.

But either way it is pretty weird to have the 28 year old there in the car with people aged 17 and 20 year olds.

I doubt they were paying with cash. Should be pretty simply to figure out they were feeding her as much liquor as they could get into her.

You can tell by lookin at those little assholes in the mug shots how this all went down.

Forum List

Back