Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

People also have to realize that what they say in the game thread can and will be used against them; it's all part of the game. If they don't want it in there, they don't need to bring it up in there. Common sense goes a long way!

Well, someone called me mean :(

Bring it tough guy! Come on, cross this line _________ I dare ya!

Who, and for what?

I don't recall who, it was the beginning of the last game. Why, I guess they think I'm mean, and Rosie :lol: Makes me want to punch 'em though :badgrin:

I was trying to follow your point that what people say in the game is all up for grabs to be used. I remember reading that and simply thinking someone was trying to push my buttons, so I ignored it. I think we would all do better to ignore lots of the jabs

Who, and for what?

I don't recall who, it was the beginning of the last game. Why, I guess they think I'm mean, and Rosie :lol: Makes me want to punch 'em though :badgrin:

I was trying to follow your point that what people say in the game is all up for grabs to be used. I remember reading that and simply thinking someone was trying to push my buttons, so I ignored it. I think we would all do better to ignore lots of the jabs

Yep! People use them to get a reaction, and there are a few players that fall for them every time. Get someone riled up enough, and they're bound to screw up if they're scum.

Who, and for what?

I commented on that in this game. I read it in game 2 ( not as it happened) BUT I want to say you were commenting on it too...and you did not seem upset by the claim. I wish I could recall who said it. I can't for the life of me though. When I commented on it I was not trying to call names, I hope you realize that.

After reading through the neighborhoods, without naming names, it's clear some players cant keep the main board out of the game. They consider it strategy.

I've used that to my advantage during USMB #2 and to a lesser extent in USMB#3

I didn't bother reading through the neighborhoods. I liked the aspect, but with people not fully participating it created problems. But it was a good way of seeing if people were consistent and telling the truth.

I tried reading all the neighborhoods to see if anyone was close to fingering me as Scum, but it looks as if I wasn't even playing.....:D

I didn't bother reading through the neighborhoods. I liked the aspect, but with people not fully participating it created problems. But it was a good way of seeing if people were consistent and telling the truth.

I tried reading all the neighborhoods to see if anyone was close to fingering me as Scum, but it looks as if I wasn't even playing.....:D

You weren't high on my radar. You were clearly playing different but i wasnt sure if it was because you were scum or because you are just learning to play better.

It wasn't until your vote on Day 3 so quickly that I thought much about you one way or the other and it was a pretty big flag jumping on someone out of the gates who hadn't even been in on the mislynch and had argued against lynching anyone we weren't 100% on.

I think once on Day 2 you posted something and my first thought was "Crap. I forgot Mertex was even playing. I thought maybe she was one of those extra names." :eusa_clap:

It wasn't until your vote on Day 3 so quickly that I thought much about you one way or the other and it was a pretty big flag jumping on someone out of the gates who hadn't even been in on the mislynch and had argued against lynching anyone we weren't 100% on.

I think once on Day 2 you posted something and my first thought was "Crap. I forgot Mertex was even playing. I thought maybe she was one of those extra names." :eusa_clap:

I wanted to align with someone that was clearly giving Town vibes to others and FA and Cafe seemed like the obvious. I wasn't going to keep my vote on you for long, because I knew you had a track record of coming after those that voted for you....but you were so intent on Miss Scarlet, that I didn't have to rush.

I wanted to align with someone that was clearly giving Town vibes to others and FA and Cafe seemed like the obvious. I wasn't going to keep my vote on you for long, because I knew you had a track record of coming after those that voted for you....but you were so intent on Miss Scarlet, that I didn't have to rush.

I wasn't intent on SR. I was intent on getting off Cafe in the least suspicious way possible and SR just happened to be the best port in the storm that required the least argument. Even if you were not planning on sitting there awhile, you might want to be careful of that kind of move if you are scum in the future. Piling on votes on someone who wasn't in on a mislynch out of the gates right after the mislynch could be read by some as a tell.

Official USMB Mafia Game #5: Fire and Ice
Official USMB Mafia Game #6: Working Title (Medium/Closed Setup/Themed/Not Normal)

Official USMB Mafia Game #6: Working Title (Medium/Closed Setup/Themed/Not Normal)

You will always have a back-up/replacement player in me or someone who can fill a hard to fill spot in a game. That is something I can do to help Wake but it is probably the best I can do for a few games. I will play actively again in the future but not for awhile. I would also be willing to mod a game in the future. I would just need a few basic tips on a few things but that might give you a chance to play if you wanted to Wake. :D

O, and before I forget, Day 1 is always a firefight. You could accidentally fart while sneezing and get lynched over it. Don't give'em reasons to train their lasers on you, 'cause they'll run you down over on any reasons they think are good. That's part of the sublime complexity of it all. Tap into your people skills and DON'T GET LYNCHED! :D

Last edited:

not really sure this site is ready for insane roles.....just my two bits if that is where you may be heading......

I see.

Thank goodness for other projects. :D

ZVIDBY8.gif

Last edited:

not really sure this site is ready for insane roles.....just my two bits if that is where you may be heading......

I see.

Thank goodness for other projects.

ZVIDBY8.gif

Is that home video of you Wake? :D

I think we can handle insane roles and that gives me an idea for one.

A SK who uses retractable metal claws made of titanium. When he/she kills, the victim is decapitated.

I see.

ZVIDBY8.gif

A SK who uses retractable metal claws made of titanium. When he/she kills, the victim is decapitated.

The problem is if you have an insane cop. This town doesn't need any reason to lynch its own, let alone making an effort to figure out reverse reads.

I see.

ZVIDBY8.gif

The problem is if you have an insane cop. This town doesn't need any reason to lynch its own, let alone making an effort to figure out reverse reads.

True, now I get what you mean by insane role. :D

I think a SK in the game needs to happen. I like the idea of tracker and a jailkeep as opposed to Dr. and cop and then have a roleblocker for the mafia side. Add in a SK who works by themselves and the rest VT's and goons and you got yourself a game.

BTW-mani is the obvious choice for the SK. ;)

The next huge game will have a Serial Killer. A badass one. :badgrin:

True, now I get what you mean by insane role. :D

I think a SK in the game needs to happen. I like the idea of tracker and a jailkeep as opposed to Dr. and cop and then have a roleblocker for the mafia side. Add in a SK who works by themselves and the rest VT's and goons and you got yourself a game.

BTW-mani is the obvious choice for the SK. ;)

Depends on how big it is. I think the problem with spreading PR's out too much with this group is that it just encourages people to sit on their hands. I have thought about some games themes I would like to play/twists I would like to see, but in the end, modding doesn't interest me that much when games drag on for so long, and it is hard to find just the right place for those type theme games. I'm still looking though. Staying away from the all games all the time places so I may find my game home somewhere like a One Direction Fan Club message board where I will be cursing at tween girls for screwing up or something :eek:

Forum List

Back