Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

True, now I get what you mean by insane role. :D

I think a SK in the game needs to happen. I like the idea of tracker and a jailkeep as opposed to Dr. and cop and then have a roleblocker for the mafia side. Add in a SK who works by themselves and the rest VT's and goons and you got yourself a game.

BTW-mani is the obvious choice for the SK. ;)

Depends on how big it is. I think the problem with spreading PR's out too much with this group is that it just encourages people to sit on their hands. I have thought about some games themes I would like to play/twists I would like to see, but in the end, modding doesn't interest me that much when games drag on for so long, and it is hard to find just the right place for those type theme games. I'm still looking though. Staying away from the all games all the time places so I may find my game home somewhere like a One Direction Fan Club message board where I will be cursing at tween girls for screwing up or something :eek:

I've been looking around too but I will definitely be here to help Wake regardless and really there is only so much time I can spend. This forum is the only one I go to but I have been reading up and considering if I want to try a newbie game at the main site. There is also another one that is completely different. Their days are 24 hours and there is no hammer. So whoever has the most votes at the end gets lynched. And you add your own vote count when you vote someone so the mod doesn't have to furiously try to keep up with rapid voting and vote changing. It looks interesting. We'll see. :D

Around three years ago, at another forum, I ran a Mafia game with a very special function. That dynamic caused the game explode in a continual barrage of activity. Each player I gave a card that could only be used once, during a Day. The cards allowed each person a unique and clever ability. Soon I will host a game using these cards again. :D

Last edited:
I know I'm a broken record, but your days are too long....boring!

People aren't playing because they have so much time to run out.

I think I already know who everyone is in the game already. :eusa_silenced:

But yeah, pretty boring if no one posts much of anything. That's a problem in every game. Don't know what can be done except folks have to post substantial posts. Some aren't.

The game currently being run was a backup game if a mistake were made. This buys me time to work on a game as interesting as #3, but with yet another layer. Plus, I wanted you guys to experience a very popular, classic Mafia game. Apparently you guys started with the more advanced stuff, so the current game is pretty simple. :D

Don't worry. We'll be dealing with Plasma Shots and Booby Traps soon enough. :badgrin:

I think I already know who everyone is in the game already. :eusa_silenced:

But yeah, pretty boring if no one posts much of anything. That's a problem in every game. Don't know what can be done except folks have to post substantial posts. Some aren't.

it is the lack of PR's. nobody needs to figure out who to protect, investigate, shoot, etc.

Good morning guys. Apologies for the intrusion. I'm planning to start heavily promoting Mafia at USMB, and was wondering if I could have your permission to use your quotes that promote it. With time I'm thinking more and more players will gain interest in our game, and play with us. If you have some ideas on promoting the game, please share them! :smiliehug:

[MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION]
[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION]
[MENTION=49365]tn5421[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21905]FA_Q2[/MENTION]
[MENTION=49728]ScarletRage[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39075]Shaitra[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=48997]sameech[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

I aim to bring at least four new player to the game within the next month, and likely more.

Last edited:
If you find something good to use, go ahead. Not really sure I've said anything worth quoting though.

Sure, use whatever you want that I've said. :)

Wake-I am always happy to help in any way I can. My best quote is probably on that thread in the FZ but feel free to use anything I've said. And anyone can PM me any time with questions. I'm always happy to help any time Wake. I still plan to start a thread here on basic questions someone might have who would be interested in playing that anyone can add to. Just a matter of finding the time.

I defy you to find a real quote from me that encourages players to join, but if you do, feel free.

Of course wake. Not only do I like the game and play but anything posted here is public anyway so you really didn't need to seek the permission in the first place to use quotes on other parts of this site. I appreciate it though and use whatever you can to get a more vibrant mafia community here.

Forum List

Back