Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

If the rule about not discussing ongoing games won't be respected here, then I'm considering locking this discussion thread during every Night phase. I shouldn't have to do that, but I will if I must. Upon game completion these posts will be undeleted. At the main site, even just the gray-area suspicion that you're discussing ongoing games would get you banned for at least one month and force replaced out of all games, and those games potentially destroyed. The last time I accidentally did that there, I was banned for three months straight from playing games. You can discuss all things Mafia AND collect/discuss intel on players using completed games, but NOT discuss ongoing games here. That defeats the purpose of there being a Night Phase.

Last edited:
If the rule about not discussing ongoing games won't be respected here, then I'm considering locking this discussion thread during every Night phase. I shouldn't have to do that, but I will if I must. Upon game completion these posts will be undeleted. At the main site, even just the gray-area suspicion that you're discussing ongoing games would get you banned for at least one month and force replaced out of all games, and those games potentially destroyed. The last time I accidentally did that there, I was banned for three months straight from playing games. You can discuss all things Mafia AND collect/discuss intel on players using completed games, but NOT discuss ongoing games here. That defeats the purpose of there being a Night Phase.

Strange that you let certain players explanations for why they are not posting as much in this game remain undeleted, but not surprising.....

Last time people were so worried about who didn't post as much as they thought they should, it made people like me suspicious of them because they kept hounding them.
I don't see that as a very good way to find scum.

We don't have a sound method of finding scum. I think it may be because the people involved in our games are unique, we don't follow standard protocols for mafia games. So what is typically considered anti-town behavior could simply be, for example, mani being a dick (Couldn't resisist;))

I know I am having a more difficult time discerning who is actually being scummy just from the sheer fact that we have so many people saying so many things and alot of unnecessary drama.

Exactly. Like any game, why play if you're not interested in standard protocols?
This is game 3 for most of us, some just don't care to learn

Strange that you let certain players explanations for why they are not posting as much in this game remain undeleted, but not surprising.....

You couldn't of PM'd Wake about this? You know, you continuously insinuating I'm getting special treatment or rules really sucks. If you must know, I've already gotten a strike from Wake. Two more and you can get me modkilled. Maybe then you'll realize Wake isn't treating me any different than anyone else.

Dude, it was just a holiday and it's summer. Get over it, and maybe get out and get some vitamin D. You won't be so cranky.

I love you guys. It'd be a blast if we all went out for dinner at TGI Fridays. :smiliehug:

Some can't get over the fact that it is a game. Nothing said during the game means anything outside the game. Some of the more experienced players are name-calling and it doesn't bother me, but I sense that some of the players are getting offended inside and outside of the game and that's too bad. They need to get over it or not play.

Lol funny you should say that...

Some can't get over the fact that it is a game. Nothing said during the game means anything outside the game. Some of the more experienced players are name-calling and it doesn't bother me, but I sense that some of the players are getting offended inside and outside of the game and that's too bad. They need to get over it or not play.

Thank you for validating my post.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] -I always worry about you when this happens. In the future, if you could just tell us you won't be here at deadline, that would be sufficient. Hope you are o.k.

Thank you for validating my post.

You did have a point. You can't take a joke. Lol
You thought I was buddy buddy with KG, for god's sake. I think some really need to lighten up and not take this game so serious.

kung-fu-fighting_o_1091306.jpg

:D

Trying to lighten the mood!

Forum List

Back