Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Cool it guys. Save it for Day 3. :eusa_hand::D

Hey Wake, Saw you and Shaitra in a game on the main site. Is it o.k. to share the link? I won't if you guys don't want me to. I was there trying to look up some info. on some players here and found it. :D

You won't find my game cause im using a different name. But I just caught one of the scum there.

Newbie 1512, bruin228?

If wrong, please send PM. :D

*Staying in the shadows as much as possible while modding. :D

*I've been given good advice, to stick with quality over quantity. Games will be slightly smaller while aiming to keep quality players playing. Been advised that I shouldn't be so lenient, either, so I need to enforce my own rules, or they mean nothing. I'm happy the games are interesting for you guys. :smiliehug:

Planning to step back a bit from the complexity and run a VERY Normal game. No flavor, no muss, no fuss. It'll be a Closed Setup, but absolutely normal and simple. Straight-up pure Mafia next game, guys. :eusa_clap:

Won't make a difference when so many people put in so little analysis that I am skeptical that they would make the effort to find scum even if you listed them by name in the town role PM's. The sheer number of people who sign up and non-play will make the game state at this site always inherently unstable and pro-scum IMHO.

*I've been given good advice, to stick with quality over quantity. Games will be slightly smaller while aiming to keep quality players playing. Been advised that I shouldn't be so lenient, either, so I need to enforce my own rules, or they mean nothing. I'm happy the games are interesting for you guys. :smiliehug:

Planning to step back a bit from the complexity and run a VERY Normal game. No flavor, no muss, no fuss. It'll be a Closed Setup, but absolutely normal and simple. Straight-up pure Mafia next game, guys. :eusa_clap:

Won't make a difference when so many people put in so little analysis that I am skeptical that they would make the effort to find scum even if you listed them by name in the town role PM's. The sheer number of people who sign up and non-play will make the game state at this site always inherently unstable and pro-scum IMHO.

That's pretty accurate and frustrating....some are playing for self-preservation and that's all they care about.

How about in the next game, days are shorter? Meaning day one a week and the others 5?

Also, a minimum posting requirement should be established. And not just a fluff post, but a real game related post once or twice a day unless on V/LA or you start getting strikes. If you can't do this, don't sign up. I know I shouldn't talk. I've had some serious RL issues that I didn't anticipate get in the way of being as active this game. I've discussed it with Wake so at the very least, talk to the mod.

The 2 things I think will help the most is shorter days, and more active participation from the players.

I would recommend a replacement thread where someone who wants to play but didn't sign up, can sign up or PM Wake and be a replacement if needed. I'd hate to see anyone else modkilled. That can seriously screw things up also.

Maybe I'll do that for game 4 if there are a lot of players signed up, be a back up.

That's pretty accurate and frustrating....some are playing for self-preservation and that's all they care about.

This!^^^^

Crybaby.gif

Definitely something has to be done about participation. The way these games go on, it's almost certain that there will be a holiday in there, plus RL events and issues. Even so, most players are able to put in an appearance and make a post or two that contributes to their win condition.

Or there is some who don't want to get involved in drama, read the comments, and try not to mislynch.... Like what just happened. ;)
Plus not be targeted by who we are investigating.

Last time people were so worried about who didn't post as much as they thought they should, it made people like me suspicious of them because they kept hounding them.
I don't see that as a very good way to find scum.

Someone's being quiet doesn't necessarily mean they're scum, but refusing to post isn't exactly fair play if they are scum, and if they are town they aren't working towards town's win condition.

Someone's being quiet doesn't necessarily mean they're scum, but refusing to post isn't exactly fair play if they are scum, and if they are town they aren't working towards town's win condition.

For example, lurking, self-voting, and claiming without reason are usually considered to be anti-Town behavior. Anti-Town - MafiaWiki

I agree we should all try to post as much as we can, but everything needs to be taken into consideration. I've had a huge RL curveball thrown at me after this game started and I'm sure it's affected how much I have posted in the game. But I'm keeping up the best I can and contributing when I see things.

I agree we should all try to post as much as we can, but everything needs to be taken into consideration. I've had a huge RL curveball thrown at me after this game started and I'm sure it's affected how much I have posted in the game. But I'm keeping up the best I can and contributing when I see things.

Me too Shaitra, I understand. There's always going to have to be exceptions. We are human after all.

Forum List

Back