Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

^ More Context

or just report people to the mods and get them banned...seemed to work for people in game 2

i am appalled that players were pming admin about other players etc..

appalled, yes; surprising, no.

I'm not surprised that a liar can call a truth teller a liar and then put their hands in their ears when asked to respond to the lie.

SB didn't respond either.

:)

I've had dreams where I'm falling and wake up before I hit the ground. I've had dreams were something jumps out at me from the bushes and I wake up before it gets me. I've also had dreams were someone is chasing me and I can't run fast enough to escape. I've had dreams where I have to jump into water full of sharks or I'm in water full of sharks. I've also had dreams where there is a tornado coming and I can't find a place to hide. And I had a dream I was in the woods with my dogs and were were surrounded by a wolf pack and couldn't escape. I've had dreams were I'm alone in my house and someone is trying to get in and I can't all for help because I keep dialing the wrong number.

Other than that, my dreams are very pleasant and relaxing.

My favorite is being back in school and I can't find the room I'm supposed to be in....or end up in the wrong room....or have this feeling that I'm going to be late to class but things keep me from getting there....very frustrating.

I've had dreams where I'm falling and wake up before I hit the ground. I've had dreams were something jumps out at me from the bushes and I wake up before it gets me. I've also had dreams were someone is chasing me and I can't run fast enough to escape. I've had dreams where I have to jump into water full of sharks or I'm in water full of sharks. I've also had dreams where there is a tornado coming and I can't find a place to hide. And I had a dream I was in the woods with my dogs and were were surrounded by a wolf pack and couldn't escape. I've had dreams were I'm alone in my house and someone is trying to get in and I can't all for help because I keep dialing the wrong number.

Other than that, my dreams are very pleasant and relaxing.

My favorite is being back in school and I can't find the room I'm supposed to be in....or end up in the wrong room....or have this feeling that I'm going to be late to class but things keep me from getting there....very frustrating.

What about when you keep missing class and you are going to fail if you don't do what you are supposed to do but you keep missing class anyway?

And yes, getting lost trying to find class, losing your schedule, forgetting your locker combo, yep.

Or what about the starting a new job in a huge building and having no clue where you are or trying to call in sick but never quite being able to. Or the snowing in the middle of summer or the thinking you can fly or going back in time.

I swear these are all dreams. I don't do any drugs. :D

Isn't the night supposed to be over? Is everything alright wake?

I hope you guys are having fun slowly unfolding this puzzle. :badgrin:

My gameplay situation when it comes to Mafia is unique. I made the mistake of jumping into 7 different games at once out of boredom, and eventually had to jump back out because I realized I couldn't do them all at once. With my ADHD it's an extreme challenge hyper-focusing on 7 different games. Mafia is far more complex than chess, and it requires some concentration. In my case it requires a lot. Oddly enough when playing I tend to enter Hyper Mode, and start dishing out posts with near super-human focus. ADHD is weird like that. The disorder's sort of like an attention allocation problem.

Personally I've been trying to get my posts smaller, because otherwise I end up dishing out massive amounts of energy functioning as a red-hot catalyst that gets the Town moving and talking.

Last edited:
I hope you guys are having fun slowly unfolding this puzzle. :badgrin:

My gameplay situation when it comes to Mafia is unique. I made the mistake of jumping into 7 different games at once out of boredom, and eventually had to jump back out because I realized I couldn't do them all at once. With my ADHD it's an extreme challenge hyper-focusing on 7 different games. Mafia is far more complex than chess, and it requires some concentration. In my case it requires a lot. Oddly enough when playing I tend to enter Hyper Mode, and start dishing out posts with near super-human focus. ADHD is weird like that. The disorder's sort of like an attention allocation problem.

Personally I've been trying to get my posts smaller, because otherwise I end up dishing out massive amounts of energy functioning as a red-hot catalyst that gets the Town moving and talking.

I don't think I could do that....play in that many games...I spend so much time reading and rereading the posts and trying to analyze them, and all the other stuff you are throwing at us in this new game...my head would surely explode.

Exactly. I don't do well in multiple games. But when it comes to just one at a time, my posts focus a bit.

Speaking of things being thrown at you guys, I'm thinking of a more intensive flavor theme for game 4. Something more... elemental. :badgrin::D

Exactly. I don't do well in multiple games. But when it comes to just one at a time, my posts focus a bit.

Speaking of things being thrown at you guys, I'm thinking of a more intensive flavor theme for game 4. Something more... elemental. :badgrin::D

Cinderblocks?

I don't know...

Not sure what sort of game you guys would like to try next.

The elemental game I had in mind was the classic Fire and Ice Mafia, drawing heavily on Fire and Ice themes, layering, and flavor/power roles.

When you said elemental I immediately though of the last airbender. Not sure how you'd so that though.

Could do a final fantasy theme too. With the four elemental fiends as the scum.

Totally showing my geeky side.

*Staying in the shadows as much as possible while modding. :D

*I've been given good advice, to stick with quality over quantity. Games will be slightly smaller while aiming to keep quality players playing. Been advised that I shouldn't be so lenient, either, so I need to enforce my own rules, or they mean nothing. I'm happy the games are interesting for you guys. :smiliehug:

Planning to step back a bit from the complexity and run a VERY Normal game. No flavor, no muss, no fuss. It'll be a Closed Setup, but absolutely normal and simple. Straight-up pure Mafia next game, guys. :eusa_clap:

Works for me. it's going to be so nice not to be hexed any more this game lol

goddammit-5.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back