Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

I'd rather people said more than less in these games.

People need to give more of their thought process at the very least. It will help find scum if just everybody does that even if they are all going in different directions. It is why I always restate as town why I am willing to pile on someone rightly or wrongly.

I'd rather people said more than less in these games.

People need to give more of their thought process at the very least. It will help find scum if just everybody does that even if they are all going in different directions. It is why I always restate as town why I am willing to pile on someone rightly or wrongly.

Yep, Totally agree. Nothing is more frustrating to me than people who don't talk.

...I think that, plus the fact that Scum Teams couldn't coordinate was what kept me alive for so long. Having a melt down just works the opposite.

No, Mafia like to keep you in the game because you're a Troll.

You stir shit with a great big spoon, always naming as Scum anyone that dares to disagree with you. You refuse to work with Town, instead Town is expected to work with you.

In 5 games you've failed to find a single Scum, but you managed to get better players voted off because they didn't kiss your ass.

Why do you not get that this conversation is about your terrible play style?

Sorry, but I have to be blunt. You suck as a Townie. You suck hard.

when I see someone trailing PR crumbs I usually think: could be a VT drawing the NK; could be a scum wanting the real PR to call them; could be the real PR. I don't think PR's matter as much in effect as some do, unless they get an extra kill, because investigates here have yet to reveal their investigations (well except yours truly and look how that turned out for the poor night watchman)

This is where I need a lot more work as a player. All this crumbing PR stuff is just not something I have taken much stock in until very recently. I probably should though.

You shouldn't take stock in it yet here. It is irrelevant until the group gets to the point that they are willing to coordinate a night plan in the open in the face of scum to thwart them at an end game. Until then, they are just random factors over which you have no control and should exert no energy IMO.

Yeah, it's a different game I am thinking of and it bugs me that I can't talk to you guys about it, yet. But when it's over, I will. I think it would be a good discussion for us.

...I think that, plus the fact that Scum Teams couldn't coordinate was what kept me alive for so long. Having a melt down just works the opposite.

No, Mafia like to keep you in the game because you're a Troll.

You stir shit with a great big spoon, always naming as Scum anyone that dares to disagree with you. You refuse to work with Town, instead Town is expected to work with you.

In 5 games you've failed to find a single Scum, but you managed to get better players voted off because they didn't kiss your ass.

Why do you not get that this conversation is about your terrible play style?

Sorry, but I have to be blunt. You suck as a Townie. You suck hard.

Yes, Grandma....whatever you say.

Yeah, Wake, maybe as we (noobs) become more savvy we will be able to take care of everything we need to say in one line.....that's a real challenge...:)

That reminds me...

Some master-ranked players at the main site only contain one or two sentences per post. It's a very different playstyle, but far less stressful. I tend to beef up my posts, but my weakness is that sometimes they're glossed over... or I don't get the feedback I'm looking for.

There are so many ways to play the game.

I have figured out that the long drawn out posts (walls) get glossed over....I'm working on saying more with less.

Thanks Wake....you've been most helpful to me in learning this game. I wouldn't stay with it if it wasn't for your encouragement and your good will. You're the best.

Yeah, it's a different game I am thinking of and it bugs me that I can't talk to you guys about it, yet. But when it's over, I will. I think it would be a good discussion for us.

If it is chutes and ladders I am totally your expert in that game. Otherwise, not so much ;)

I've lurked games at the "main site" but really have no interest in playing there. Haven't seen anything over there that grabs me. Their Wiki is a good source, but just too much I don't know what to play there--ego/attitude. Not sure. There is another place I am lurking thinking of playing a game or two there once things settle down in RL. Right now I am in a lull as I need to save up $4.5-$5K for a new roof without having to touch my investments or use credit, which is about how much I have spent in the last month already. When I don't feel like passing out I might paint a little trim here and there but otherwise am on the home stretch on the interior. Just too weak still to do much on the landscaping/exterior right now.

If it is chutes and ladders I am totally your expert in that game. Otherwise, not so much ;)

I've lurked games at the "main site" but really have no interest in playing there. Haven't seen anything over there that grabs me. Their Wiki is a good source, but just too much I don't know what to play there--ego/attitude. Not sure. There is another place I am lurking thinking of playing a game or two there once things settle down in RL. Right now I am in a lull as I need to save up $4.5-$5K for a new roof without having to touch my investments or use credit, which is about how much I have spent in the last month already. When I don't feel like passing out I might paint a little trim here and there but otherwise am on the home stretch on the interior. Just too weak still to do much on the landscaping/exterior right now.

I lurked for awhile before joining a newbie. I'm having fun. I Hope you are feeling better now. There's some nasty crap going around right now. My whole family is getting hit and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I do.

I remember going through that same thing when we needed to put all new windows in the house. I couldn't do anything for awhile until I saved the money because I did not want to have to add any more to the credit cards. Too much debt is stressful as hell. Good luck with everything!!

Everyone who plays Mafia has promise. Experience is very helpful.

I was terrible when I started playing Mafia on the main site. Getting mad as the claimed Town Doc and self-lynching myself, getting Townies mislynched all the time, and accidentally trusting one too many Scum.

And then there's 'Mafia in Space.' (Mini 1516 Mafia in Space Game Over bull mafiascum.net \) If you're a Townie, but not a Cop, don't fake being a Cop... and then bluffing about getting a 'guilty' on someone. The gambit's too risky. THIS is an actually-serious mistake in Mafia. I caught hell from a certain lady.

You are a fuckiing piece of shit.

An absolute fiucking piece of shit.

YOUR read is flawed. I'm town. You're going to die.

And this town's LOSS will be your fault.

YOURS.

NEVER

AGAIN.

NEVER.

F-16 PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY.

NOW I CAN FUCKING CHANNEL KURIBO

WAKE GO. LEAVE

BEGONE

YOU''RE A FOUL AND UGLY FILTH

GO BACK TO WHATEVER MAFIA FORUM HELLHOLE SPAWNED YOU.

DIE.

Y0U DON'T DESERVE TO POST A SINGLE WORD IN THIS THREAD.

YOU SHOULD DIE INSIDE WHEN YOU SEE MY FLIP

BUT YOU WON'T

YOU'RE TOO FUCKING STUPID TO SEE HOW TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME YOU ARE.

YOU WILL LEARN NOTHING

BECAUSE YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF LEARNING

POND SCUM CAN IMPROVE

YOU? NO.

YOU ARE ON MY GODDAMN TEAM AND YOU DID THIS TERRIBLE THING

YOU BETRAYED TOWN

YOU HAVE BETRAYED YOUR WIN CONDITION

THERE IS NOTHING WORSE IN MAFIA THAN WHAT YOU ARE.

NOTHING.

TOWN IS TOWN

PRS ARE TO HELP TOWN

YOU HAVE BETRAYED TOWN

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU WITH A BARGEPOLE

NEVER DARKEN MY DOOR

YOU MISERABLE PIECE OF SHIT

It was a real learning experience for me.

Don't get down when you make mistakes.

Mine have been far worse than yours.

Keep your chin up. Learn from your mistakes. And eat, drink, and be merry. :D

Everyone who plays Mafia has promise. Experience is very helpful.

I was terrible when I started playing Mafia on the main site. Getting mad as the claimed Town Doc and self-lynching myself, getting Townies mislynched all the time, and accidentally trusting one too many Scum.

And then there's 'Mafia in Space.' (Mini 1516 Mafia in Space Game Over bull mafiascum.net \) If you're a Townie, but not a Cop, don't fake being a Cop... and then bluffing about getting a 'guilty' on someone. The gambit's too risky. THIS is an actually-serious mistake in Mafia. I caught hell from a certain lady.

You are a fuckiing piece of shit.

An absolute fiucking piece of shit.

YOUR read is flawed. I'm town. You're going to die.

And this town's LOSS will be your fault.

YOURS.

NEVER

AGAIN.

NEVER.

F-16 PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY.

NOW I CAN FUCKING CHANNEL KURIBO

WAKE GO. LEAVE

BEGONE

YOU''RE A FOUL AND UGLY FILTH

GO BACK TO WHATEVER MAFIA FORUM HELLHOLE SPAWNED YOU.

DIE.

Y0U DON'T DESERVE TO POST A SINGLE WORD IN THIS THREAD.

YOU SHOULD DIE INSIDE WHEN YOU SEE MY FLIP

BUT YOU WON'T

YOU'RE TOO FUCKING STUPID TO SEE HOW TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME YOU ARE.

YOU WILL LEARN NOTHING

BECAUSE YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF LEARNING

POND SCUM CAN IMPROVE

YOU? NO.

YOU ARE ON MY GODDAMN TEAM AND YOU DID THIS TERRIBLE THING

YOU BETRAYED TOWN

YOU HAVE BETRAYED YOUR WIN CONDITION

THERE IS NOTHING WORSE IN MAFIA THAN WHAT YOU ARE.

NOTHING.

TOWN IS TOWN

PRS ARE TO HELP TOWN

YOU HAVE BETRAYED TOWN

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU WITH A BARGEPOLE

NEVER DARKEN MY DOOR

YOU MISERABLE PIECE OF SHIT

It was a real learning experience for me.

Don't get down when you make mistakes.

Mine have been far worse than yours.

Keep your chin up. Learn from your mistakes. And eat, drink, and be merry. :D

Thanks for posting that Wake, I have just been considering the source and not letting it bother me. It is just a game, and for some to let it get to them like that is just sour grapes as far as I'm concerned. I have erroneously been accused of never finding Scum, but, interestingly, the one Scum I did find in Game 4, and tried to get lynched, the others wouldn't go along, so yeah, I have found Scum.

I lurked for awhile before joining a newbie. I'm having fun. I Hope you are feeling better now. There's some nasty crap going around right now. My whole family is getting hit and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I do.

I remember going through that same thing when we needed to put all new windows in the house. I couldn't do anything for awhile until I saved the money because I did not want to have to add any more to the credit cards. Too much debt is stressful as hell. Good luck with everything!!

You sound like me Wolfie. Having two teeth implants set me back like $7k. So, we need to carpet the upstairs....really hate the carpet that is in now, but I also don't like to tap our savings/investments.....so, we do one thing at a time. We're the only ones that look at it....but it gets to the "ugh" point and I'd like to win the Lotto and just go ahead and do it now...:D

[

You sound like me Wolfie. Having two teeth implants set me back like $7k. So, we need to carpet the upstairs....really hate the carpet that is in now, but I also don't like to tap our savings/investments.....so, we do one thing at a time. We're the only ones that look at it....but it gets to the "ugh" point and I'd like to win the Lotto and just go ahead and do it now...:D

Did implants take long/hurt? My sister needs some but says she is thinking of just saving up and getting the full set at once. She had an eating disorder in her teens and it took a toll on her teeth. She had something done but it keeps messing up--can't remember if it was crowns or what. Whatever it is she keeps having to have it redone about every year or two.

[

Did implants take long/hurt? My sister needs some but says she is thinking of just saving up and getting the full set at once. She had an eating disorder in her teens and it took a toll on her teeth. She had something done but it keeps messing up--can't remember if it was crowns or what. Whatever it is she keeps having to have it redone about every year or two.

The procedure doesn't actually hurt because they numb the hell out of your gum, but it is so darn uncomfortable. I was in the dentist's chair for 2 hours while they did the procedure. You're laying down, practically, and they cover your face (except the mouth, of course) so it feels weird. They also insert an appliance in mouth to keep mouth open, so wide, that I couldn't swallow at first and I was beginning to panic thinking I was going to choke. I finally was able to figure out how to swallow and I settled down....then all you feel is pressure when they are cutting your gum and inserting the posts. After they do that, you have to wait 4 months for the posts to adhere to the gum. Then I went back and they screwed what is supposed to be the tooth stem into the posts. That only took about 1/2 hour and wasn't as taxing. The cost was like $2k per tooth (almost 1/2 of what a dentist charges)....next I have to get crowns for both of them, which will be another $2k. I had already paid $1k for a root canal, and the dentist decided that a crown on top had to be redone to get a more accurate bite with the new implant/crowns, another $1k. I should be done with that this coming week. I'll still need two more crowns on two molars that used to hold the bridge that was replaced by the implants.......ouch...there goes another $2k....my pocket hurt more than my mouth!

So, I don't know how Clear Choice does the whole mouth in one day....seems to me it would take more than one day, but that's what they advertise. I know one guy in our Harley Club that had it done, he said it cost him $40k.

The procedure doesn't actually hurt because they numb the hell out of your gum, but it is so darn uncomfortable. I was in the dentist's chair for 2 hours while they did the procedure. You're laying down, practically, and they cover your face (except the mouth, of course) so it feels weird. They also insert an appliance in mouth to keep mouth open, so wide, that I couldn't swallow at first and I was beginning to panic thinking I was going to choke. I finally was able to figure out how to swallow and I settled down....then all you feel is pressure when they are cutting your gum and inserting the posts. After they do that, you have to wait 4 months for the posts to adhere to the gum. Then I went back and they screwed what is supposed to be the tooth stem into the posts. That only took about 1/2 hour and wasn't as taxing. The cost was like $2k per tooth (almost 1/2 of what a dentist charges)....next I have to get crowns for both of them, which will be another $2k. I had already paid $1k for a root canal, and the dentist decided that a crown on top had to be redone to get a more accurate bite with the new implant/crowns, another $1k. I should be done with that this coming week. I'll still need two more crowns on two molars that used to hold the bridge that was replaced by the implants.......ouch...there goes another $2k....my pocket hurt more than my mouth!

So, I don't know how Clear Choice does the whole mouth in one day....seems to me it would take more than one day, but that's what they advertise. I know one guy in our Harley Club that had it done, he said it cost him $40k.

I think they just implant a few screws and the whole set attaches to them. Not sure. I met a guy who went to China to get it done. Said the cost of the airfare back and forth a couple times plus the cost still made it a lot cheaper. He showed me the thingy in his front bottom gum that looked like a piece of metal right at the gum line. He was getting ready to go back to get them finished, but like you said, he said he had to wait for his gums to heal to go back. My sister said she saw somewhere it was like $20K for the upper or lower and $10K for the follow up for the other half if you got a full set.

I think they just implant a few screws and the whole set attaches to them. Not sure. I met a guy who went to China to get it done. Said the cost of the airfare back and forth a couple times plus the cost still made it a lot cheaper. He showed me the thingy in his front bottom gum that looked like a piece of metal right at the gum line. He was getting ready to go back to get them finished, but like you said, he said he had to wait for his gums to heal to go back. My sister said she saw somewhere it was like $20K for the upper or lower and $10K for the follow up for the other half if you got a full set.

They are a lot better looking than having false teeth, that's for sure. The only thing our friend who had it done says is regrettable is that he doesn't have a sense of touch with his new teeth. I guess I never thought that you actually feel with your teeth, so I can't imagine what he's talking about. Sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do, especially if you are still young and have years of life to look forward to. His look really nice and white....you can't really tell they are not his real teeth.

They are a lot better looking than having false teeth, that's for sure. The only thing our friend who had it done says is regrettable is that he doesn't have a sense of touch with his new teeth. I guess I never thought that you actually feel with your teeth, so I can't imagine what he's talking about. Sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do, especially if you are still young and have years of life to look forward to. His look really nice and white....you can't really tell they are not his real teeth.

It is because he doesn't feel the pressure the same like when you bit down on something hard I guess. I am trying to keep mine forever because I am so gaggy I just do not see myself ever being able to do falsies.

I'm excited to play in both Grandma's and Aye's games. :p

Been tempering mine to be a bit more efficient energy-wise. Allows you to really play the game without getting so drained mentally.

Part of my play is to ignore the first 3 or 4 votes on me while actively Scumhunting. Just keep searching through posts looking for curious loose ends to unravel. Eventually they melt off as they focus on lurkers and more suspicious players.

Forum List

Back