Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Mafia itself continues to evolve as players adapt and evolve their gameplay. The tactics used by the majority this year can fall out of style the next. There are philosophies on how to catch Scum, so Scum are always searching for newer and better ways to blend in. It's a vicious, evolutionary cycle.

I'm just beyond frustrated. That is all. I won't discuss the ongoing game here. Probably going to take a break from it for a little while.

Oh no! :(

Don't worry. I'm not going to melt or threaten to quit. It is really quite annoying to always be labelled as scum right away in every game I play here no matter what I do or what my alignment actually is. I must be the scummiest player here and it takes too much out of me to deal with that every game. It makes it hard to relax and have fun.

I'm just beyond frustrated. That is all. I won't discuss the ongoing game here. Probably going to take a break from it for a little while.

Don't worry. I'm not going to melt or threaten to quit. It is really quite annoying to always be labelled as scum right away in every game I play here no matter what I do or what my alignment actually is. I must be the scummiest player here and it takes too much out of me to deal with that every game. It makes it hard to relax and have fun.

Who do you think you are, that you should not come under scrutiny the same as everyone else?

Who do you think you are, that you should not come under scrutiny the same as everyone else?

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

In every single post where you get pissy when people start feeling you out.

You respond poorly to reaction testing.

Where did I say that?

Thank You for that astute piece of analysis. I also don't like driving in icy conditions, people who lie, and shaving mats off my cat.

Where did I say that?

Thank You for that astute piece of analysis. I also don't like driving in icy conditions, people who lie, and shaving mats off my cat.

No need to be snarky. I was actually being honest, there.

Where did I say that?

Ha, that's rich coming from you. I think you invented snark and Seinfeld and Jon Stewart copied it from you.

Where did I say that?

Ha, that's rich coming from you. I think you invented snark and Seinfeld and Jon Stewart copied it from you.

Would you mind testifying for me when I take them to court for infringing on my intellectual property?

Where did I say that?

Would you mind testifying for me when I take them to court for infringing on my intellectual property?

You know I'm always there for you House.

I usually prefer my sarcasm with sliced fruit and cream in the mornings, but you make it so appetizing that I just can't turn it down anytime.

I usually prefer my sarcasm with sliced fruit and cream in the mornings, but you make it so appetizing that I just can't turn it down anytime.

Sarcasm is my middle name.

I find that players with strong offense have weak defense, and vice versa. Sharp claws, soft underbelly. Or tough hide, blunt claws. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Same for Town and Scum play. If a player comes at you aggressively, answer honestly and succinctly. Then blast that f***** with 5 or more questions to put him or her on the defense... and then on the run. Mental judo, or something like that.

It's fun and easy. :D

I think another thing I'm guilty of... is taking the game WAY too seriously at times.

You want to derive enjoyment from the game. Not have it be a tedious chore.

Spice it up a bit. Let your ego loose if you want. Have fun interrogating or being whimsical or anything. Personally I'm cutting back a bit on expending lots of energy, and insteading opting to enter Hyper-Focus mode when the time is just right.

The current game is meant to balance out the craziness of the last. The focus in this one is eyeballing subtle Scumtells. :)

In my experience playing Mafia, I still deal with a lot of struggles. One is lack of time and energy. Another is the gut being right... but not having the "thing" needed to persuade others to agree with me. Is it charisma? Charm?

At times I get fixated on suspicious things in the game, and keep poking and prodding the issue... not for the answers... but for the interactions. How does he react? Does she try to divert my attention? Is he taking my words out of context? Is she being too nice to me? Oh, he's agreeing with everything I say...

I know quite a bit about the game, but there's so much I don't know that it's not even funny. I wonder how that one detective guy from Law and Order would fare in a game of Mafia. :D

Forum List

Back