MAGA: Only Hires the BEST!? Really? Four Commerce Dept. officials lose jobs over background check!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Four Commerce Dept. officials lose jobs over background check issues

Four political appointees at the Commerce Department lost their jobs on Tuesday because of problems in their background checks, The Washington Post
reported.

The four appointees, who were working with temporary security clearances, are the latest administration officials to encounter issues amid increasing scrutiny of those trying to obtain permanent clearances.

One of the appointees, Fred Volcansek, served as a senior adviser to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for several months and was an advance staffer organizing events for Trump's campaign. He told the Post that agency officials would not tell him why he was being let go.

“What’s interesting is that my investigation went on for 13 months,” he told the newspaper. “If they found something ... why didn’t they bring it up before?”
Four Commerce Dept. officials lose jobs over background check issues: report

:itsok: I guess Russians operatives are bad thangs? I guess MOB and Insider trading is bad?
Would this past connection be the issue?
Commerce Secretary’s Offshore Ties to Putin ‘Cronies’

Who are these people?

Really this guy Fred Volcansek, is from Utah? I'm sure crimes are involved here...

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Basic Industries. ... The Honorable Fred W. Volcansek, Sr., is the Executive Director of SelectUSA, the only US Government program promoting Foreign Direct Investment in the United States.

Forum List

Back