MAGA voter: ‘It’s getting really old hearing democracy, democracy, democracy’

Much like "racist", "sexist", and "nazi", "democracy" has become a meaningless term used by useful idiots to bludgeon anyone who disagrees with them.

From the speech............

"But first, we must be honest with each other and with ourselves.

Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.

Now, I want to be very clear, very clear up front. Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology. I know, because I’ve been able to work with these mainstream Republicans."

That is where he lied!

When he said, "Not every Republican" he was referring to the "never Trump" RINOs.

Donnie J was told “The Crown prosecutor of Russia…offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father." He was told he would be meeting with a Russian lawyer who would give him the info.
He was also told the information “is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump."

Mueller declined to prosecute because he believed Donnie J was ignorant of the laws he broke.
Now you are simply making shit up!

Any normal, intelligent adult understands that we use the term "democracy" as a short, catch-all word to describe our voting system.

Which obviously confuses a few people. :rolleyes:
It's not just about the voting system. The bush everyone is beating around with the "democracy" debate is really just the question of how much power government should have. When people say they want more democracy, they don't usually mean that they want to have more elections. They mean that they want government to be more responsive to the will of the majority. Some of them seem to think it's the primary purpose of government, and that government is obligated to do whatever the majority wants.

And people who want less democracy aren't really interested in limiting the number of elections. They just don't want to be subject to the will of the majority in an ever expanding list of circumstances.

Last edited:
How do you think Trump supporters are embracing the use of government to fight the culture wars? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!
Well, Roe v Wade is a glaringly obvious example. DeSantis is another. Their zeal for regulating social media and punishing liberals, especially liberal tech companies, via retaliatory government.

Again - they're not libertarians. They just don't like liberals.

Me: I rather vote for people that don’t think it’s ok to teach the intricacies of anal sex to 8th graders.

Biden: You’re a threat to democracy!

They realize they are turning into a minority so they are pulling out all the stops to eliminate voting rights for those they hate.
Why would democrats do that while they claim it is Republicans who are suppressing votes? Democrats want to suppress the votes of tens of millions of people.

Republicans long ago abandoned the ‘big tent’ political paradigm instead seeking to pander to a reliable but shrinking base.

To maintain political viability, Republicans have resorted to voter suppression efforts at the state level since it’s the states that elect presidents, not the people.

With control of enough of the states – particularly battleground/swing states – conservatives can place Republicans in the WH contrary to the will of the majority of the American people, as we saw in 2000 and 2016.

Hence the tyranny of Republican minority rule.
I'm not a Republican, but please lay out this voter suppression your babbling about. Asking for voters to present ID at the polls is not suppression.

Forum List

Back