Maher and Affleck own guns...hmmmm...

Since guns save lives, and we have the most, why aren't we the safest country in the world?

70-80% of gun murder comes from criminal gangs in big cities...of the 25 most violent cities in the United States, 24 of those cities have been run by democrats and their social welfare policies for decades, some going back to the 1940s and before that. Their policies create a situation where teenagers are having babies who become teenagers who have babies, and the only adult role models are the gang bangers violent enough to live to be adults...if we get a handle on inner city gang violence our violent gun crime rate would match or be lower than the other countries...

I read about gun deaths on a daily basis, that are not related to gang shootings.
You are a moron, get the facts before opening your mouth and proving just how stupid you are.

Oh.
I thought you were going to give specific examples of what they said regarding them having a gun themselves and then explain how these examples do not contradict their positions on gun control.
Sorry.
No, I'm more-so interested in the OP thinking that because maher and affleck have guns and are on the left, it's somehow weird.
So, you cannot explain how these gentlemen can own guns without being hypocritical.
Is -your- brain broken?
How many times do I have to tell you, Bill Maher is pro gun ownership for home defense?
What you need to do is lay out their positions on gun control and then explain how these positions do not conflict/ with their ownership of guns for self-defense.
How many fucking times do I need to tell you? I've never heard anything from Affleck, but I have heard Bill Maher say he's pro gun for home defense numerous times.
Aww,,, getting all sort of upset because you cannot effectively support your position?
What you need to do is lay out their positions on gun control and then explain how these positions do not conflict/ with their ownership of guns for self-defense. If you cannot do that then you need to accept your failure.

You fail to see that your test isn't relevant as there's a LOT more to the issue than simply determining if you have a gun or not.
:dunno:.

No, there's really nothing else to it, at all.

If you're pro gun ownership and have a gun, nothing is inconsistent about that.

Hell, even if you're pro background checks, and have a clean background and have a gun, not hypocritical.

If you're anti atomic bomb and don't own one, you're all good.

Like I said - it really isn't that hard, try consistency and asking the op why/how that makes them hypocrites. No? cant bring yourself to do it? There's a reason for that.

Guns don't save many lives, their owners take lives with them. I'm sure Maher and Afflek are all for background checks and other gun laws. I am too.

Sarah, you may be mentally retarded, but at least you're so ignorant that no one notices. :thup:

What part of what she wrote is mentally retarded?

Guns don't save many lives.
Gus do take lives.
And, both Affleck and Maher have said they are in favor of NOT giving guns to the people you want to arm - illegals, known terrorists, criminals and the mentally ill.
Why even respond to that moron? I don't believe I've ever seen anyone with a brain engage him at all.

You fail to see that your test isn't relevant as there's a LOT more to the issue than simply determining if you have a gun or not.
The only way to prove that their position is not hypocritical is to lay our their full position on gun control as there is no way to compare their positions with their actions until you see all their positions.
Since you claim their position is consistent with their position, the onus is on you to lay out those positions.
Please begin.

The only way to prove that their position is not hypocritical is to lay our their full position on gun control as there is no way to compare their positions with their actions until you see all their positions.
Since you claim their position is consistent with their position, the onus is on you to lay out those positions.
Please begin.
Actually, you're asking a guy responding to a thread that didnt lay out his case for calling them hypocrites....................

and asking for that case..........

instead of asking the op of the very thread you're in

and there's a reason for that.

innit? uhhhhh, huh.

Please begin.
Actually, you're asking a guy responding to a thread that didnt lay out his case for calling them hypocrites....................
and asking for that case..........
instead of asking the op of the very thread you're in
and there's a reason for that.
innit? uhhhhh, huh.
I accept your concession on the point.

I accept your hypocrisy.

If you need maher's and affleck's position on guns and dont find them in the OP - - - - - - - - - -

What's the OP, in your opinion?

Don't jump for joy to answer, hypocrit.

Since guns save lives, and we have the most, why aren't we the safest country in the world?

70-80% of gun murder comes from criminal gangs in big cities...of the 25 most violent cities in the United States, 24 of those cities have been run by democrats and their social welfare policies for decades, some going back to the 1940s and before that. Their policies create a situation where teenagers are having babies who become teenagers who have babies, and the only adult role models are the gang bangers violent enough to live to be adults...if we get a handle on inner city gang violence our violent gun crime rate would match or be lower than the other countries...

I read about gun deaths on a daily basis, that are not related to gang shootings.
You are a moron, get the facts before opening your mouth and proving just how stupid you are.

VACAVILLE, Calif. (KCRA) —A senior at Vacaville High School died Monday after he was shot in the head while sitting in his truck outside an apartment complex, police said. Demetrious Ward, who played on the football team, was 18.
------------------------------------------

A well-known tattoo artist was shot to death in North Hollywood on Thursday during a fight with another man. The gunman shot Trigz (whose real name was Michael Pebley), 40, in his torso around 5:50 p.m. outside of 5150 Tattoo & Body Piercing near Laurel Canyon and Victory boulevards, according to KTLA.

Witnesses said the two were involved a fist fight inside the tattoo shop before it carried on outside of the store, where the shooting occurred.
--------------------------------------------

ST PETERSBURG, FL. Another attack on the Pinellas Trail in St. Pete - a teen shot and killed overnight. No arrest has been made. It happened in the 700 block of 34th Street South, adjacent to Gibbs High School and PTEX St Petersburg Campus and a non-profit, Deaf Service Bureau of West Central Florida.

10 News reporter Sarah Hagen gets answers from police: is the trail safe?
--------------------------------------------

The body of Jonathan A. Graff, 17, was found about 4:15 p.m. Friday by a man walking a dog in Spur Drive Park. Graff was reported missing earlier that day by his mother, police said, and was last seen Thursday near the Long Island Rail Road station in Jamaica, about a mile from his home. Graff had been shot in the head, police said.
-----------------------------------------------

A grandfather shot to death his grown daughter and his six grandchildren in a murder-suicide rampage in rural Florida on Thursday, police said. The child victims ranged in age from 3 months to 10 years, according to Gilchrist County Sheriff Robert Schultz. What prompted the shooting frenzy was not revealed.

The grandfather, identified as Don Spirit, 51, called 911 to say he had "injured someone," the sheriff said. His daughter was identified as Sarah Spirit, 28, according to local reports. The killings took place at Don Spirit's home off a dirt road in Bell, population 350, located about 35 miles west of Gainesville.
------------------------------------------------------

FORT WORTH — A man was found shot to death Sunday morning in a field near a wrecked truck, police said.
The victim, whom authorities had not identified, appeared to have been shot several times, police said.
-------------------------------------------------------

NDIANAPOLIS - A young child was shot multiple times at an apartment complex on the city’s northwest side Wednesday evening, police said. The shooting was reported in the 2100 block of Amerherst Drive, near Harcourt and Westlane roads, just before 7 p.m., officials with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said.
--------------------------------------------------------

SACO, Maine — State police said a mother, father and three children were found dead in their home in Saco on Sunday.

Police say a friend of the family called a worker associated with the apartment complex to check on the family after growing concerned for them. The worker entered the apartment, saw one body and called Saco police around 1:30 ET Sunday afternoon. When officers arrived, they discovered the other bodies in three different rooms.
----------------------------------------------------------

You're the moron. It happens on a daily basis!

No, I'm more-so interested in the OP thinking that because maher and affleck have guns and are on the left, it's somehow weird.
So, you cannot explain how these gentlemen can own guns without being hypocritical.
Is -your- brain broken?
How many times do I have to tell you, Bill Maher is pro gun ownership for home defense?
What you need to do is lay out their positions on gun control and then explain how these positions do not conflict/ with their ownership of guns for self-defense.
How many fucking times do I need to tell you? I've never heard anything from Affleck, but I have heard Bill Maher say he's pro gun for home defense numerous times.
Aww,,, getting all sort of upset because you cannot effectively support your position?
What you need to do is lay out their positions on gun control and then explain how these positions do not conflict/ with their ownership of guns for self-defense. If you cannot do that then you need to accept your failure.

Okay, you're a loon. I'm done repeating myself.

Here you go, you big dummies!

O'REILLY: You are what? A very liberal guy, a moderate liberal guy? Where are you?

AFFLECK: Yes, I would say I'm a moderately liberal guy. I mean, there are things that I agree with the Democratic Party. There are things I don't. For example, I'm not a big gun control guy. I believe in all the bill of rights, including the Second Amendment. I'm not a party guy one way or another. I don't believe in subscribing to that. I still believe in people more than I believe in parties per se.

But how I arrived at my beliefs, I was born and grew up here. And this is a obviously heavily Democratic town, a big union town. Labor played a big part of that. My father was a janitor. My mother was a public school teacher.

And there is a sense that folks in Washington weren't necessarily looking out for everyday, regular working Americans and middle-class Americans.

Ben Affleck Talks Politics Fox News

Is -your- brain broken?
I'm a loon because you know you cannot lay out a comprehensive listing of their positions on gun control?
:lol:

AFFLECK: Yes, I would say I'm a moderately liberal guy. I mean, there are things that I agree with the Democratic Party. There are things I don't. For example, I'm not a big gun control guy. I believe in all the bill of rights, including the Second Amendment.
Funny... I don't see any listing of policies or restrictions he supports.
Feel free to try again.

I'm a loon because you know you cannot lay out a comprehensive listing of their positions on gun control?
:lol:

It's as easy for you to use the "Google" as it is for me, you big dummy. I've already given one link, and one video, showing where Maher and Affleck are in support of gun ownership.

AFFLECK: Yes, I would say I'm a moderately liberal guy. I mean, there are things that I agree with the Democratic Party. There are things I don't. For example, I'm not a big gun control guy. I believe in all the bill of rights, including the Second Amendment.
Funny... I don't see any listing of policies or restrictions he supports.
Feel free to try again.

Fucking call him and ask him. What am I, a mind reader?

Forum List

Back