Mahomes 🏆

Kelce is.... well I'm not sure how to put it. He's clearly an incredible player and is set to also top his position but when I watch him play it's weird.

Watch him after the catch. He is so fucking "off" lol. He just bumbles and stumbles for all those post catch yards. Honestly the ugliest runner after the catch iver ever seen lol. It just looks so clumsy
Mahomes isn't much better in that regard. I once read a description of his scrambling as "running around like he's trying not to spill his beer".

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/25/05/0770E196-167F-40F8-8F18-57136C371DC2/IMG_0952.heic
Gronk has 3 season over 1k yds. Kelce is working on his 7th straight. Kelce has 700 more yards in 3 fewer years, which is basically an entire season for Gronk. Gronk has way more TDs. Kelce is a WR playing TE.

Gronk has 3 season over 1k yds. Kelce is working on his 7th straight. Kelce has 700 more yards in 3 fewer years, which is basically an entire season for Gronk. Gronk has way more TDs. Kelce is a WR playing TE.
And Gronk has him in TD’s by a good margin. YAC is close, but Gronk is on top on that. If you’re saying kelce blows Gronk away in stats, you’re wrong.

And Gronk has him in TD’s by a good margin. YAC is close, but Gronk is on top on that. If you’re saying kelce blows Gronk away in stats, you’re wrong.
Is Gronk playing? So every week Kielce increases the distance between him and Gronk. Gronk WAS good but he was never as good as Kelce IS. If Kelce just plays as long as Gronk did he’ll have 4-5k more yards than him.

Mahomes has been very impressive early in his career,
and has demonstrated the ability to take matters into his own hands when his team has to come from behind to win(which as a Chiefs fan, is far too often IMO.)

I personally feel that early comparisons to all time greats, like Brady are premature and not really fair to him, however, that being said, he has also demonstrated other excellent traits early on, such as being a team player, and remaining humble.

If a young NFL QB is well liked by his teammates, even by the veterans, that is a bonus, since these guys are professionals and this is their job.

If the QB has exceptional ability, like Mahomes, it contributes even more to great results.

If he stays on track, and continues to produce as he has, he is sure to end up in the HOF.

JMHO

Most will say he needs 7 Super Bowls or more to be the goat
Agreed and the way he has performed in the superbowls he has been in there is no reason to think at this time he will ever come close to 7 especially after he stunk up the last one.the only reason he won the first time is jimmy g stunk up in the Super Bowl as well even worse than he did,when he gets to the big game he panics it seems.

That's a tall order, even for Mahomes.

He is a good QB, I believe some of his success can be attributed to Andy Reid's offense. But, A. Reid may not have many more seasons in him.

Then we will find out how good Mahomes really is.

Tom Brady regular season records​

• Games started (316)
  • Wins by a starting quarterback (243)
  • Passing yards (84,520)
  • Passing touchdowns (624)
  • Completions (7,263)
  • Touchdowns thrown to different receivers (82)
  • Division titles (18)
  • Pro Bowl appearances (15)
  • Oldest player to win NFL MVP (40 years old)
  • Oldest player to be named First-Team All-Pro (40 years old)
  • Seasons with one team (20, Patriots)
  • Only player to beat all 32 NFL teams

Tom Brady postseason records​

• Games started (47)
  • Wins by a starting quarterback (35)
  • Consecutive playoff wins (10, from 2001-2005)
  • Passing yards (13,049)
  • Passing yards in a game (505)
  • Passing touchdowns (86)
  • Interceptions (38)
  • Completions (1,165)
  • Multi-touchdown passing games (27)
  • Game-winning drives (14)
  • Conference championship appearances (14)
  • Conference championship wins (10)

Tom Brady Super Bowl records​

• Super Bowl appearances (10)
  • Super Bowl wins (7, more than any NFL franchise)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (5)
  • Touchdown passes (21)
  • Passing yards (3,039)
  • Completions (277)
  • Pass attempts (421)
  • Passing yards in a game (505)
  • Completions in a game (43)
  • Pass attempts in a game (62)
  • Game-winning drives (6)
Wont matter if Reid leaves,he will still be great.people thought he would have a drop off season this year year when he lost hill to free agency.on the contrary,thst has not been the case at all.as long as the GM continues to draft decent people around him as he has,he will continue to win lots of games.they don’t have to be great like Hill,they just have to be decent.

Football and baseball it’s overrated when they say you got to have a good coach to be great,not at all,could not be any further than the truth.basketball it’s critical that yiu do have a good coach to be great,football and baseball not the case at all,just good talent around you.

Look at the 49ers when bill Walsh retired, George seifert was not thst good a coach and yet the niners did not miss a beat the next year when they lost Walsh,they still won a Super Bowl with a coach who could do nothing with the Carolina panthers.the niners had the talent so they were able to repeat.

Same with the cowboys in the 90,s,Barry Switzerland wasn’t thst good a coach and when the cowboys lost jimmy johnson and he took over they still won another Super Bowl with him gone because they had the talent.had they nit played in the era of free agency they would have won more but they started losing talent losing Alvin Harper and others and that caught up with them.having a good GM thst continues to draft good talent will be the key.not sure if thst will continue though because that idiot Clark hunt fired the GM thst drafted Mahomes. :cuckoo:

Also like Gipper said so well,Mahomes is a running quarterback so he is more susceptible at getting hurt later in his career than brady sense brady is a pocket passer,being a pocket passer is a huge part of how brady has been able to play in the league for such a long time.

Last edited:
Wont matter if Reid leaves,he will still be great.people thought he would have a drop off season this year year when he lost hill to free agency.on the contrary,thst has not been the case at all.as long as the GM continues to draft decent people around him as he has,he will continue to win lots of games.they don’t have to be great like Hill,they just have to be decent.

Football and baseball it’s overrated when they say you got to have a good coach to be great,not at all,could not be any further than the truth.basketball it’s critical that yiu do have a good coach to be great,football and baseball not the case at all,just good talent around you.

Look at the 49ers when bill Walsh retired, George seifert was not thst good a coach and yet the niners did not miss a beat the next year when they lost Walsh,they still won a Super Bowl with a coach who could do nothing with the Carolina panthers.the niners had the talent so they were able to repeat.

Same with the cowboys in the 90,s,Barry Switzerland wasn’t thst good a coach and when the cowboys lost jimmy johnson and he took over they still won another Super Bowl with him gone because they had the talent.had they nit played in the era of free agency they would have won more but they started losing talent losing Alvin Harper and others and that caught up with them.having a good GM thst continues to draft good talent will be the key.not sure if thst will continue though because that idiot Clark hunt fired the GM thst drafted Mahomes. :cuckoo:

Also like Gipper said so well,Mahomes is a running quarterback so he is more susceptible at getting hurt later in his career than brady sense brady is a pocket passer,being a pocket passer is a huge part of how brady has been able to play in the league for such a long time.

Talent is definitely the most important factor in winning football games, no doubt. But, I think a coach plays a vital part in getting the players to buy in to his system and coming together as a team.

Think of all of the talent the Cowboys have had in the last 28 years. Yes, it's almost been 3 decades since Dallas last made it to the Superbowl.

You are 100% correct on Mahomes running style though, it's not the recipe for longevity in the NFL for the QB to spend too much time outside of the pocket.

Talent is definitely the most important factor in winning football games, no doubt. But, I think a coach plays a vital part in getting the players to buy in to his system and coming together as a team.

Think of all of the talent the Cowboys have had in the last 28 years. Yes, it's almost been 3 decades since Dallas last made it to the Superbowl.

You are 100% correct on Mahomes running style though, it's not the recipe for longevity in the NFL for the QB to spend too much time outside of the pocket.
Here’s the thing though,The cowboys never had a good quarterback after aikman though,,jones did me a favor keeping romo as long as he did,I always said I hope they keep him for several years to come because he always found a way to fuck it up for them in the playoffs and jones came through fir me sure enough and kept him around forever:yes_text12: way longer than he should have. :abgg2q.jpg: and would have even longer had he not had to retire cause of injury.:auiqs.jpg:

I always knew that once elway retired shannahan would be exposed that he was not that good a coach and sure enough he was,.:2up: Same with Steve Maranuchi once Steve young retired he was exposed as not thst good a coach as I always said he would once young stepped down.:abgg2q.jpg:

I’m not saying Andy Reid is not a good coach,could not be any further from the truth.i do think it’s obvious Reid had a good part in Holmes success in the NFL,he has always been good with quarterbacks,I’m just saying if Reid decided to retire after this season,it would not be critical for the chiefs to go out and get another good coach,the players are inspired by Mahomes leadership and they are motivated to play for him.

he is one of those great quarterbacks like Montana and Brady and elway who make all the players around them better players than they are and they will go out and perform and play hard knowing they are have greatness at a key position so because of thst let’s say Andy Reid decides he has had enough of football and decided there is life after football and much more to life than football and decided to step down in a couple years.

As I said,at this point in Mahomes career,it’s not critical thst the chiefs find an excellent coach to replace him fir them to continue to be great,as long as the draft pool is decent they will keep be a superbowl threat year after year at this point even with a bad coach.case in point shannahan and maraschino were not very good coach’s but it did not matter,the broncos and the niners were a superbowl threat year after year when Steve young and John elway were their quarterbacks.again elway and young were their meal tickets to looking like a good coach.lol

As long as the chiefs have Mahomes and he stays injury free then the chiefs have nothing to worry about if Reid as good a coach he is,decides to step down in a couple years is all I’m saying,if I was a chiefs fan,I wouldn’t panick if Reid left myself.as good a coach he is sense like I said,football and baseball it’s not critical you have a good coach to be great fir so long as it is in basketball.you just need to have a great quarterback and other good talent around you to maintain being great is all.great quarterbacks like Mahomes,they make the players want to go out and play hard and work hard because they know they have something special at the most important position in football.:)

Last edited:
The other thing you got to consider as well on the cowboys not making it back to the Super Bowl fir thst long a period of time is poor ownership.jones has run that franchise into the ground.Johnson left because jones is the most difficult person on the planet to get along with.his constant meddling trying to tell the coach how to run the team has been the problem fir the cowboys.if yiu are not a yes man coach for jones,you don’t last long as a coach fir the cowboys,that’s a recipe fir disaster.

Jones killed an excellent chance fir the cowboys to be a Super Bowl contender again when he made the brilliant decision to hire bill parcells. Parcells was tired of Terrell owens antics on the field and benched him after owens ignored his warnings thst if he did not clean up his act he would bench him.parcells doesn’t care how much money you make or your status of popularity,if you want to be a show off and not follow instructions you are out the door.jones demanded parcells start him again and parcells gave him the middle finger.Like the dumbfuck jones was he fired parcells for not doing as he was told to run the club.that kind of juvenile behavior of jones is always going to kill the cowboys from being a serious Super Bowl contender.

SAme with the Washington redskins and the Oakland raiders.Look how many decades have passed sense they were last in the Super Bowl or even a Super Bowl contender.same reason,poor ownership.Daniel Snyder and mark davis have took two once proud organizations and turned them into laughingstocks in the league same as jones has.Jerry jones is a cancer to the cowboys and to the NFL,as long as he is their owner the cowboys are fucked.

The other thing you got to consider as well on the cowboys not making it back to the Super Bowl fir thst long a period of time is poor ownership.jones has run that franchise into the ground.Johnson left because jones is the most difficult person on the planet to get along with.his constant meddling trying to tell the coach how to run the team has been the problem fir the cowboys.if yiu are not a yes man coach for jones,you don’t last long as a coach fir the cowboys,that’s a recipe fir disaster.

Jones killed an excellent chance fir the cowboys to be a Super Bowl contender again when he made the brilliant decision to hire bill parcells. Parcells was tired of Terrell owens antics on the field and benched him after owens ignored his warnings thst if he did not clean up his act he would bench him.parcells doesn’t care how much money you make or your status of popularity,if you want to be a show off and not follow instructions you are out the door.jones demanded parcells start him again and parcells gave him the middle finger.Like the dumbfuck jones was he fired parcells for not doing as he was told to run the club.that kind of juvenile behavior of jones is always going to kill the cowboys from being a serious Super Bowl contender.

SAme with the Washington redskins and the Oakland raiders.Look how many decades have passed sense they were last in the Super Bowl or even a Super Bowl contender.same reason,poor ownership.Daniel Snyder and mark davis have took two once proud organizations and turned them into laughingstocks in the league same as jones has.Jerry jones is a cancer to the cowboys and to the NFL,as long as he is their owner the cowboys are fucked.

The Cowboys have been cursed since firing Jimmy Johnson! He was the best assessor of talent and he would have kept them fresh and winning for years to come! I thought it was a joke when I saw him leaving with a suit bag over his shoulder! I said "no one's that ego-driven to throw it all away!" I was wrong and The Boys have found a way to waste the talent they've had over the decades winning 1 playoff game and hasn't sniffed the SB outside of caressing old trophies since the 90's! I've seen them lose to backup QB's, rookies, & made old veterans look like Joe Montana! It's dropping those Nat'l televised games that amuse me the most! :rolleyes: ;)

I have been telling a couple of my buddies who are Dallas fans this exact thing.

J. Jones needs to stay in his owner's box and out of the spotlight and give his coach the power and authority to run the team.

I have been telling a couple of my buddies who are Dallas fans this exact thing.

J. Jones needs to stay in his owner's box and out of the spotlight and give his coach the power and authority to run the team.
It could be much worse. Think Detroit Lions and the Ford family’s 60 years of losing.

Last edited:
It could much worse. Think Detroit Lions and the Ford family’s 60 years of losing.
Yeah when Barry sanders retired he mentioned he was fed up with the ownership thst they were nit committed to winning a championship.oh and the reason he did not seek to latch onto another team and why he retired so early was he discovered how the nfl is a corrupt cartel,the reason the Lions have never been to the superbowl is they never will be in one and that’s because the nfl does not want them in the Super Bowl.sanders saw that it’s all just a show.the nfl is every bit as evil and corrupt as our government is.pretty much all the major sports are,the NFL the worst of the bunch gipper

Last edited:
Yeah when Barry sanders retired he mentioned he was fed up with the ownership thst they were nit committed to winning a championship.oh and the reason he did not seek to latch onto another team and why he retired so early was he discovered how the nfl is a corrupt cartel,the reason the Lions have never been to the superbowl is they never will be in one and that’s because the nfl does not want them in the Super Bowl.sanders saw that it’s all just a show.the nfl is every bit as evil and corrupt as our government is.pretty much all the major sports are,the NFL the worst of the bunch gipper

Whenever I think of the Lions, I keep recalling when they actualy made the playoffs, but embarrassed themselves like in 1995! QB Mitchell had to be taken out due to throwing repeatedly bad interceptions to Phili Eagles; at least 6! I can still see Fontes telling him he was being replaced and Mitchell asking "why?" Delusional, concussed, or just plain stupid I guess! :heehee: :rolleyes::dunno::)

Whenever I think of the Lions, I keep recalling when they actualy made the playoffs, but embarrassed themselves like in 1995! QB Mitchell had to be taken out due to throwing repeatedly bad interceptions to Phili Eagles; at least 6! I can still see Fontes telling him he was being replaced and Mitchell asking "why?" Delusional, concussed, or just plain stupid I guess! :heehee: :rolleyes::dunno::)
The Lions beat the Cowboys in the playoffs in 1992, only to lose to the Redskins who later won the Super Bowl. The Lions went on to lose for 30 more years, while the Cowboys with Aikman and crew won three Super Bowls.

The Lions beat the Cowboys in the playoffs in 1992, only to lose to the Redskins who later won the Super Bowl. The Lions went on to lose for 30 more years, while the Cowboys with Aikman and crew won three Super Bowls.

Now the Cowboys are about to go 30 years without even playing a Super Bowl, much less play one since '96! :heehee:

Forum List

Back