Main reasons the Million Muslim March wasn't gonna happen

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
When the African American community held their Million Man March they couldn't muster a million participants. Even though blacks comprise 13% (42 million) of the U.S. population and share a common political mindset (98% vote Democrat). Generating a million blacks to attend with months of planning and media attention still proved to be difficult.

Whereas, Muslims are only 0.6% of the U.S. population. (6 million).

And are deeply divided between different religious sects; Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya, Druze, etc. Plus, muslims hail from dozens of different countries and embrace various cultures; and comprise all races.

Another factor is that most American muslims are way too busy working jobs and running businesses....... basically chasing the American Dream.

And don't have time to engage is such foolishness.

So in conclusion, the idea of a unified march of a million Muslims ever happening is highly doubtful. .. :cool:

Last edited:
The thing that makes the "million muslim march" suspect to me is that it was targeted for 9/11. It was meant to poke a boney finger into the eye of the United States and it's affected population on a day that is as sacred as July 4th. It was never meant for anything other than salt in the wound. And that is why the 2 million biker march happened and why you now have even more animosity toward muslims in this country. Even if it wasn't meant to generate more animosity, that is exactly what it did. It did the exact OPPOSITE of what would have been good for the Muslim and the American population in general. But given that Cornell West was a featured speaker, I was even less surprised and more convinced that the reasons for this march were dubious at best.

Down the road from me is a Pakistani family. Muhammed, his wife and children are absolutely the finest people you could want for neighbors, except they raise sheep of all things. But I've always told him that if he ever has any trouble, he can call. He has and I've called him for help. He's Muslim and even when we've been repairing our common fences, if it's time, he'll get right down on his little prayer rug and face east. That's what this country is about. I got no problem with that. Even he was pissed about the "million muslim march" and said that it would just make things worse.

You know, once he said that he was sorry for what happened. I couldn't believe it. He apologized to me for 9/11 even though he's been in this country for at least 30 years. I told him never to do that again. He's a good man. He's an American and I told him that the bastards who did that should apologize to both of us because WE are America, not just me.

You drive wedges and you get division. You can learn from Barry's administration on what NOT to do. He's good at wedges...

Last edited:
It was criticized by almost every other islamic organization or PTB. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knew It was DOA from the start which is why I never understood the hysteria of the biker group over it.

Haters gotta hate and bikers gotta ride, I guess.

When the African American community held their Million Man March they couldn't muster a million participants. Even though blacks comprise 13% (42 million) of the U.S. population and share a common political mindset (98% vote Democrat). Generating a million blacks to attend with months of planning and media attention still proved to be difficult.

Whereas, Muslims are only 0.6% of the U.S. population. (6 million).

And are deeply divided between different religious sects; Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya, Druze, etc. Plus, muslims hail from dozens of different countries and embrace various cultures; and comprise all races.

Another factor is that most American muslims are way too busy working jobs and running businesses....... basically chasing the American Dream.

And don't have time to engage is such foolishness.

So in conclusion, the idea of a unified march of a million Muslims ever happening is highly doubtful. .. :cool:

Its hard for people to break out their daily routine like work school etc to show up for a march no matter how pressing the issue is.

I receive emails from all of the major Muslim organizations, MAS, ICNA, CAIR, etc.

And not a single one endorsed or supported the event.

In fact, they spoke strongly against it. .. :cool:

I receive emails from all of the major Muslim organizations, MAS, ICNA, CAIR, etc.

And not a single one endorsed or supported the event.

In fact, they spoke strongly against it. .. :cool:

The ham handedness of the event aside, I wonder if ONE of the 2 Million Biker Protest against islam can tell us WHY the muslim group was putting together their event and what their message was.

Maybe everybody's gotta stop trying to call any and every gathering a "million man" something. It's setting yourself up for failure. Be a little less specific about a number and take some of the pressure off.

You could have 'The Gaggle of Greek-Americans Gathering' or 'The Kind of a lot of Catholics Conference' or 'The Not So Many Muslims Meeting' or 'The Bunch of Black Guys BBQ' (you might get a million people for that one - I know I'd try to sneak in) or 'The What are We Doing Here White Guys Walk Around' or the 'Gregarious Gay Guys Get Together' or the 'Mob of Menopausal Moms' or something like that and whoever shows up, shows up. No counting, no pressure. Make the National Mall fun again!

Forum List

Back