Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

The headline is fake news

There is no evidence that only American citizens were polled

No doubt, and one of the primary reasons we moved from Maryland, to South Carolina....The fact of the matter is that Government has become so bloated, so demanding, something as far as taxation it never should have become....They act like we only labor for their needs, and they allow us to keep what they do....

Enough! Every time I turn around there is a damned tax on something going to cigar smoking fat asses that just waste my money on things I have no say on....

It's hard to compete against Santa Clause. Vote buying is a strategy that's been used by the left since I've been on this planet. Keep voting for us, and not only will we keep giving you X, we promise to give you more. Free college, free healthcare, free paid time off and so forth.
You think Democrats are the only ones that buy votes?

I don't, but they certainly the most prolific....
Trump is running a trillion dollar deficit right now in a good economy at full unemployment. That’s about as prolific as it gets.
Get the Progs to cut a trillion dollars from the budget. Back in the 1980's it was estimated a quarter to third of the federal budget was corruption and misuse. If we really really really really really wanted to, we cut painstakingly cut a lot from the deficit without people who are honestly living being affected. Now what affect the teillion dollars cut if suddenly would be on the economy, that is something else. Deficit spending used to provide growth. Now deficit spending keeps us treading water and we are sinking as money is being put into investment by the federal reserve/government regularly.

Yeah, I remember this....

Then he proceeded to drive up our debt to over 21 Trillion....Democrats only bitch about debt when they aren't the ones spending....

Cut 30 percent of govt, lower taxes on everyone.
What’s ironic is that it’s easier to cut government when you raise taxes, historically speaking. When you raise people’s taxes, they tend to want other people to sacrifice too.

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

- Article 1 Section 8

Show me where that says the President? In fact tell me what the bolded part there says....

Cmon, don’t be dense. You know that the president has signed every spending and tax bill passed.

When Trump takes credit for tax cuts passed in 2018, are willing to call him a liar? When he takes credit for spending on the military, are you willing to call him a liar?

It's rhetoric....I know that, you know that...Unless you are saying that you think that the President introduces spending bills, and demands that the Congress pass them, and it happens....That would just be dumb.

Is rhetoric your euphemism for a lie?

Do you think Trump had no part in the budget process or the tax cut legislation? Obviously not.

Well, according to you guys he is barely smart enough to tie his shoes in the morning...So, now he is smart enough to write the legislation, and muscle it through...Man, you morons need to make up your mind...

You’re being evasive. You were around in 2018, weren’t you? You know he was using his office to push hard for tax cuts. You know he had administration officials in the meeting with Congress to design the legislation.

If he was not evasive he would have nothing to post.

No lower taxes till we no longer have any debt to pass on to our kids. it is immoral to do so.

No, when you give the govt more in taxes, they just waste more. That money needs to stay in the hands of the citizens. Reduce the budget and start paying off the debt instead of servicing it.

We should not tax the wealthy and instead do a better job of taxing the poor more...they can definitely afford it...…..

How can you tax the wealth class to the point that they can barely afford their 4th summer home -- but these filthy poor people have 50" Smart TV's and apple phones??

It's obscene how this country continues to trample over the rights of the wealthy....they barely got a tax cut last time...they need larger tax cuts this year or our nation is done
Music to my ears

we should tax every taxpayer at the same rate form the first dollar earned to the last

It's hard to compete against Santa Clause. Vote buying is a strategy that's been used by the left since I've been on this planet. Keep voting for us, and not only will we keep giving you X, we promise to give you more. Free college, free healthcare, free paid time off and so forth.

Trump is running a trillion dollar deficit right now in a good economy at full unemployment. That’s about as prolific as it gets.
Get the Progs to cut a trillion dollars from the budget. Back in the 1980's it was estimated a quarter to third of the federal budget was corruption and misuse. If we really really really really really wanted to, we cut painstakingly cut a lot from the deficit without people who are honestly living being affected. Now what affect the teillion dollars cut if suddenly would be on the economy, that is something else. Deficit spending used to provide growth. Now deficit spending keeps us treading water and we are sinking as money is being put into investment by the federal reserve/government regularly.

Then he proceeded to drive up our debt to over 21 Trillion....Democrats only bitch about debt when they aren't the ones spending....

There’s a huge difference between running deficits in a crashing economy and running deficits in a good economy. Wouldn’t you say?

Dude, you just said that congress does the debt adding and now you are blaming Obama. you cannot even keep your lies straight from one post to the next

Not to mention the debt was only 19 trillion we Obama left office

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

- Article 1 Section 8

Show me where that says the President? In fact tell me what the bolded part there says....

Cmon, don’t be dense. You know that the president has signed every spending and tax bill passed.

When Trump takes credit for tax cuts passed in 2018, are willing to call him a liar? When he takes credit for spending on the military, are you willing to call him a liar?

It's rhetoric....I know that, you know that...Unless you are saying that you think that the President introduces spending bills, and demands that the Congress pass them, and it happens....That would just be dumb.

Do you think Trump had no part in the budget process or the tax cut legislation? Obviously not.

Well, according to you guys he is barely smart enough to tie his shoes in the morning...So, now he is smart enough to write the legislation, and muscle it through...Man, you morons need to make up your mind...

You’re being evasive. You were around in 2018, weren’t you? You know he was using his office to push hard for tax cuts. You know he had administration officials in the meeting with Congress to design the legislation.

What? Administraion officals? Members of Congress? But, I thought that he was locked in the residence penning the proposal by quil and ink? Then when completed he just waived his pen like Capt. Picard, and uttered "make it so"

No doubt, and one of the primary reasons we moved from Maryland, to South Carolina....The fact of the matter is that Government has become so bloated, so demanding, something as far as taxation it never should have become....They act like we only labor for their needs, and they allow us to keep what they do....

Enough! Every time I turn around there is a damned tax on something going to cigar smoking fat asses that just waste my money on things I have no say on....

This is laughable because the progs aren't cutting anything. Now, if you're really really serious, you'll cut taxes too....on everyone, and make the govt do without...........and actually do some budgeting.

No lower taxes till we no longer have any debt to pass on to our kids. it is immoral to do so.

No, when you give the govt more in taxes, they just waste more. That money needs to stay in the hands of the citizens. Reduce the budget and start paying off the debt instead of servicing it.

When was the last time the budget was reduced?

Dude, you just said that congress does the debt adding and now you are blaming Obama. you cannot even keep your lies straight from one post to the next

Only....pfft....What was it when he took office? According to you that's on him...Right?

Lol, it was 11 trillion when he took office. Only......lol. W and O blew it out of the water with 16 trillion new debt. Hurray!!!!!!

Only....pfft....What was it when he took office? According to you that's on him...Right?

Yes it is, one of the many reasons I put him as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

Again, why do you get triggered when you are given facts to correct false information?

so you say he left us over 21 tril in debt.
you find out you are wrong.
you still get mad and run to a different argument.

and you wonder why people have a hard time discussing things with you.

Lol, it was 11 trillion when he took office. Only......lol. W and O blew it out of the water with 16 trillion new debt. Hurray!!!!!!

I was correcting false information, why does this trigger you people so very much?

As for debt added, for as bad as he was he added a smaller percentage than the previous two Repubs that served 8 years.

Yes it is, one of the many reasons I put him as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

Again, why do you get triggered when you are given facts to correct false information?

You know what "triggers" me? Other's trying to tell me that I'm triggered, when I am sitting here laughing my ass off....Now, quit being childish, and maybe we can get to an actual discussion...

so you say he left us over 21 tril in debt.
you find out you are wrong.
you still get mad and run to a different argument.

and you wonder why people have a hard time discussing things with you.

it is fascinating to watch, I have to admit.

What? Administraion officals? Members of Congress? But, I thought that he was locked in the residence penning the proposal by quil and ink? Then when completed he just waived his pen like Capt. Picard, and uttered "make it so"
Steven Mnuchin. They were publishing outlines and proposals that were adopted as the basis for designing the tax cut.

You’re resorting to memes and caricatures instead of reality.

Forum List

Back