Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

When their affective tax rate is lower than mine, due to write offs that is where the problem lies.

That's not what I asked. Even with their write-offs, they are still paying 87% of all collected income taxes, while at the same time, nearly half of this country doesn't pay a dime.

It is why I have been for a flat tax rate with NO expenditures for anyone. It is exactly the question you are asking.

Wait a minute. I asked a simple question. You talk about write offs, fine, but that would mean without write-offs, they would be paying even much more of our tax burden. So once again, the question: how much more should they be paying for the rest of us?

Keyrist you are slow. They pay more of the tax burden because they make most of the fucking money. If all things are equal everyone pays the same percentage. Or close to. Why is this difficult for you to understand?

Actually, fair is everybody pay the same amount. But if we are to make everybody pay the same percentage, then let's say everybody pay 10%. It doesn't matter if you make 20K a year or 20 million. I'm okay with that, because everybody has a dog in the race, and it would defeat Democrat ideas which of course, I'm all for.

However currently, we have a system where one-fifth of our country is paying nearly 90% of all collected taxes, while 47% pay nothing at all. However by your standards, 87% is not enough, and you can't tell me what percentage is. Don't feel bad, most wealthy haters don't answer the question either. Because when presented like that, you too know it's ridiculously unfair.

That is exactly what I have been saying Ray. JFC you're slow.

That's not what I asked. Even with their write-offs, they are still paying 87% of all collected income taxes, while at the same time, nearly half of this country doesn't pay a dime.

It is why I have been for a flat tax rate with NO expenditures for anyone. It is exactly the question you are asking.

Wait a minute. I asked a simple question. You talk about write offs, fine, but that would mean without write-offs, they would be paying even much more of our tax burden. So once again, the question: how much more should they be paying for the rest of us?

Keyrist you are slow. They pay more of the tax burden because they make most of the fucking money. If all things are equal everyone pays the same percentage. Or close to. Why is this difficult for you to understand?

Actually, fair is everybody pay the same amount. But if we are to make everybody pay the same percentage, then let's say everybody pay 10%. It doesn't matter if you make 20K a year or 20 million. I'm okay with that, because everybody has a dog in the race, and it would defeat Democrat ideas which of course, I'm all for.

However currently, we have a system where one-fifth of our country is paying nearly 90% of all collected taxes, while 47% pay nothing at all. However by your standards, 87% is not enough, and you can't tell me what percentage is. Don't feel bad, most wealthy haters don't answer the question either. Because when presented like that, you too know it's ridiculously unfair.

Every citizen should pay the same percentage of their income with no exemptions for anyone

Every citizen should pay the same percentage of their income with no exemptions for anyone

Bingo, businesses as well.

Wealth tax on accumulated wealth, NO. Tightening loopholes on top earners tax avoidance, YES.

What do you consider "loopholes"?

Do you believe that the 47% who pay no Federal Income Taxes should also pay their "fair" share to support this great country?
Handling of capital gains for one, although I am certainly no tax lawyer.
Yes, including corporations with large profits.

And no caps.

Where does the money come from with which a business pays income taxes?

Where does the money come from with which a business pays income taxes?

From the sale of goods and services.

Wealth tax on accumulated wealth, NO. Tightening loopholes on top earners tax avoidance, YES.

Do you believe that the 47% who pay no Federal Income Taxes should also pay their "fair" share to support this great country?

Do only "top earners" own stocks, bonds, and other investments? Who knew?

Specifically, where does the money come from with which a corporation pays income taxes? Why are "large profits" a problem for you.

Do only "top earners" own stocks, bonds, and other investments? Who knew?

Specifically, where does the money come from with which a corporation pays income taxes? Why are "large profits" a problem for you.
I'm sorry. I though the supreme court decided corporations were people too. Even rich people pay some percent as taxed. Have no problem with profit. Just have trouble with freeloaders working the system at all levels, top and bottom.

I'm sorry. I though the supreme court decided corporations were people too. Even rich people pay some percent as taxed. Have no problem with profit. Just have trouble with freeloaders working the system at all levels, top and bottom.

You dodged the question.

Once again!

Last edited:
As I asked another poster earlier: The top 20% paid 87% of our federal income tax collections. If 87% is not enough, how much do you think they should be paying?

When their affective tax rate is lower than mine, due to write offs that is where the problem lies.

You pay a 35% effective rate? You must be part of the 1% for sure.

Actually, fair is everybody pay the same amount. But if we are to make everybody pay the same percentage, then let's say everybody pay 10%. It doesn't matter if you make 20K a year or 20 million.

As long as there are no deductions, no credits, not write offs, no nothing.

So, you're for taxing the poor whom pay no income taxes and in a lot of cases get an EIC of $1,500 or more per year?

A flat tax may put skin in the game, but it puts a heavy burden on the poor whom can't afford to pay income taxes. Y'all need to show a modicum of compassion.

You pay a 35% effective rate? You must be part of the 1% for sure.

Where did I say that? When was the last time the Uber wealthy paid anywhere near an effective rate of 35%?

Actually, fair is everybody pay the same amount. But if we are to make everybody pay the same percentage, then let's say everybody pay 10%. It doesn't matter if you make 20K a year or 20 million.

As long as there are no deductions, no credits, not write offs, no nothing.

So, you're for taxing the poor whom pay no income taxes and in a lot of cases get an EIC of $1,500 or more per year?

I am for taxing every single person.

A flat tax may put skin in the game, but it puts a heavy burden on the poor whom can't afford to pay income taxes. Y'all need to show a modicum of compassion.

Did Obama care about how much the poor pay when he instituted his huge sin tax? Did Obama care if the poor could afford his green energy initiative?

In the county I live in, we have an 8 cents per dollar sales tax which is used for various reasons. The rich pay it, the poor pay it, and everybody in between pays it. I don't like it, but at least it's fair for everybody.

From the sale of goods and services.

Which is bought by the consumer. So...they pay income taxes plus they pay the taxes being paid by the corporation. How does that help anyone?

Are you advocating that corporations pay no taxes?

Other than deceiving some of the public who do not understand that the corporations simply increase the cost of their product, what is the upside of high income taxes for a corporation?

A nominal income tax, say no more than 5 or 10% would provide an income stream and not be destructive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back