Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

As I asked another poster earlier: The top 20% paid 87% of our federal income tax collections. If 87% is not enough, how much do you think they should be paying?

Part of the problem is that you only consider federal income tax. That will give you a skewed perspective of total tax burden.

Yes, that is all I am talking about, because as I stated earlier, most of the other taxes we pay, we get back when we retire, provided you live the average lifespan or longer in this country. In that sense, you are really not paying anything.

That’s only true for social security and Medicare. We probably get back far more in Medicare than we ever put in. Certainly the rather unhealthy generation coming up is going to be getting more, at least without cuts. Excesses in those programs led to lower than normal income tax rates for decades that we are now paying for.

State taxes, property taxes, excise taxes and fees tend to be rather regressive, though. You’re not considering the whole picture.

Of course I am. But remember that those taxes pay for services we all use. We all use the roads, we all need the police and fire services in the event of an emergency, we all want our street lights shining at night. So those taxes mostly go to services most of us enjoy.

People in low income brackets spend a disproportionate are amount of their income on those things. The poor still have a substantial tax burden.

That’s my point.

They do, but again, they will likely get all that money back later on in life. My point is they pay nothing into the federal income tax system that provides for all the federal workers and services.

In 1994, the bin Laden family disowned Osama and the Saudi government revoked his passport.

a PASSPORT has a PHOTO = SHOW US THE PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Saudi government also stripped Osama bin Laden of his citizenship, for publicly speaking out against them regarding their permitting U.S. troops to be based in Saudi Arabia in preparation for the 1991 Gulf War.

LOL!!!!

None of that, even if it were true, would have prevented the Saudis from cooperating with the FBI on 913, which they did NOT....

You are very good at parroting Zionist lies.

You aren't very good at thinking, asking questions, using logic, or being patriotic to America....

Maybe you didn't understand when I used the term Santa Clause. What I meant by that is giving people free shit for votes. You know, like free college, free healthcare, free paid time off from work, and stuff like that.

Sometimes people want free college. Sometimes they want free defense spending. It’s the same.

It's the same? :laughing0301:

I see in the US Constitution that the federal government is charged with the defense of this country and people. Nowhere did I see the framers state the federal government should be in charge of advanced education as well.

No, it's not the same.

Apparently you missed the point. Republicans just want to lower taxes. It doesn’t matter to you if we need tax dollars to pay for things like defense spending.

Why is it you on the left always highlight defense spending and nothing else? Don't you think there are many other things that need to be cut down on besides our military?

I live in the suburbs of Cleveland. One of our biggest problems are the people HUD is moving into our suburb. As I look onto my HUD neighbors backyard, all their cars are in the driveway. One of the first things they did was have a satellite dish installed on their home when they moved in. In the summer time, they throw BBQ parties with 15, 20 or more guests all the time, and we are paying for suburban housing?

There are a lot of other things we could cut out of our budget besides defense spending.

Low hanging fruit. I’m always skeptical of anecdotes like yours. You only know what you see from your window, not any more. There certainly is plenty of fraud but claiming we can balance the budget by “eliminating fraud” is something we’ve been told for decades and it has yet to happen. It’s just a fairy tale if you ask me.

HUD is small potatoes. Defense is a massive chunk of the budget.

A penny saved is a penny earned. But my point was not so much about fraud. My point is that if we are going to house these people, we don't need to be renting places in the suburb. They will do just fine in the inner-city where the cost of housing is half of what it is in the burbs.

The entire workforce contributes to the U.S. G.D.P.. That is the American powerhouse, and the "poor" contribute massively to this with the wealth they produce by their labors. The stock exchange would not be so high were it not for that production collectively of collective wealth. Forgetting, or rather ignoring, economic facts as simple as this one example illustrates the intentional obfuscation of how to arrive at solutions.

You conspiracy theories are crazy

which is why you cannot refute any of them.....

They are "crazy" but you cannot produce ONE SINGLE PHOTO of "Osama" in Saudi....

Why not????

How would one go about proving a picture was taken in Saudi Arabia?
Oh no...don't give him an opening for that crap....even if he were to get a pic, he'd say it was photoshopped by Joos to dupe the world....he's batshit crazy.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

They have no photos of "young Osama" period.... NONE.

Saudi has certain landmarks, buildings etc... Yeah, you can Photoshop that, I admit....

but they have NO PHOTOS AT ALL, NONE.

These are the only photos of "Osama" prior to 1990....

ziggy osama - Google Search

it is as if he never existed.

Now, if he really was from Saudi, why didn't the Saudis just give what they had to the FBI???

https://nypost.com/2016/07/16/saudis-stonewalled-us-terror-probes-before-after-911-report/

You are not stupid, Ray. Wake up. This guy, Col Tim Osman, never set foot in Saudi, and that's why the Saudis told the FBI to fuck off on 913....

Published tax rates (from IRS rate tables) didn't account for deductions that were allowed. Deductions have changed drastically over the years. This is a graph of the effective tax rates based on what the 1% paid over the years. The 91% tax rate in the 50's was no more than 45% in actual taxes paid (effective rate).

Just thought y'all ought to know this.
Average-Effective-Tax-Rate-on-the-Top-1-Percent-of-U.S.-Households.png

He is a Holocaust denier as well.

LOL!!!

That's a flat out lie....

But that's all you can do..... lie, toss cards, name call, and push for censorship.

Truth is there. Israel murdered Americans, and Azog CHEERED every time
See you believe it’s a lie. When did Israel kill Americans for me to cheer?

They have no photos of "young Osama" period.... NONE.

Saudi has certain landmarks, buildings etc... Yeah, you can Photoshop that, I admit....

but they have NO PHOTOS AT ALL, NONE.

These are the only photos of "Osama" prior to 1990....

ziggy osama - Google Search

it is as if he never existed.

Now, if he really was from Saudi, why didn't the Saudis just give what they had to the FBI???

https://nypost.com/2016/07/16/saudis-stonewalled-us-terror-probes-before-after-911-report/

You are not stupid, Ray. Wake up. This guy, Col Tim Osman, never set foot in Saudi, and that's why the Saudis told the FBI to fuck off on 913....

Even if there were any pictures of Osama (at anytime) and it could be proven the photo was taken in Saudi Arabia, it could also be concluded by you he was only there visiting. So asking for a photo proves nothing, and there are hundreds of reports that Osama was kicked out of the country.

You also will never find a picture of Hillary when she was pregnant with Chelsea. Does that mean she is not the Clinton daughter?

there are hundreds of reports that Osama was kicked out of the country.

because the Saudis said he was. They also said his passport was revoked. Why can't we see his revoked passport?

Because it never existed.... which is why they didn't give it to the FBI....

At some point, words need to be backed up with tangible evidence.....

Here is one place to find some....

saudi royal family jewish - Google Search

and it also helps to explain this curious relationship....

Convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein boasted of relationship with Saudi crown prince MbS: report

You also will never find a picture of Hillary when she was pregnant with Chelsea. Does that mean she is not the Clinton daughter?

Now you really stepped in it....

Is This Chelsea Clinton's Real Father?

And according to the reasonably named website GovtSlaves.info, Bill and Hillary had an “open marriage” agreement since the very beginning. GovtSlaves then goes on to note that, though Hillary and Bill might not have been making the beast with two backs themselves, she was getting it on with “Webb Hubbell, Vince Foster, and a string of lesbian lovers.”

Then in 2014, The New Yorker made mention of Hillary and Webb (and Foster) again, albeit in a more tangential way, writing that “the media will continue to find outlandish things to say about her. Headlines on Robert Morrow’s blog have proposed that ‘CHELSEA CLINTON IS THE BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER OF WEBB HUBBELL AND NOT BILL CLINTON,’ that ‘HILLARY WAS HAVING SEX WITH BOTH WEBB HUBBELL & VINCE FOSTER, HER PARTNERS AT ROSE LAW FIRM.’”

Wealth tax on accumulated wealth, NO. Tightening loopholes on top earners tax avoidance, YES.

What do you consider "loopholes"?

Do you believe that the 47% who pay no Federal Income Taxes should also pay their "fair" share to support this great country?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back