Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Why Ray because we have given more of their own money back in their own pockets and taken away government handouts? That's right you are all for giving more to the least needy. You my friend are not even close to a free enterprise capitalist.

What I am is a realist. You are not. You are one of those leftists who refuse to believe the theory or action/ reaction.

When you take a negative action against somebody, a negative reaction is likely to follow. When you take a positive action on somebody, it's likely to be met with a positive reaction.

So if you take a negative action on businesses, expect a negative reaction. Taking a negative action against somebody or something, and expecting a positive reaction is simply not logical.

The negative action of cutting taxes for all, oh the horror. You are truly a dupe.

Who said it's cutting taxes for all? There are plenty of corporations that pay less than that with their deductions. For them it would be a tax increase which is my point.

How dare your values corporations pay their fair share. Let the people pay it.

Tell you what, next time you go to work, and if you can talk to the company owner, present your idea to him or her and see what kind of reply you get. Chances are, the company you work for takes a fair if not large amount of deductions. And if they do, and lose those deductions, what do you think would happen to your future with the company?

Since I am advocating cutting their tax rate from 21% to 10%. Probably a pay on the back. And since I am sure a will never meet the owner of Bechtel I doubt I get the chance. Maybe if your owner had a lower tax rate you would have health care Ray.

With their expenditures they pay a lower effective tax rate then I.

Go look at the chart. It will tell you what they are paying over the years.

What expenditures are you speaking of?

The uber wealthy have incentives I can never get to because not wealthy enough.

Ok s0 get rid of the incentives and lower the tax rate accordingly. Otherwise the money is going to find a home somewhere else (overseas).

Dewey that is what I have been advocating from the start. Back to the kiddie table with you.

Are you for lowering the tax rate on the rich?
Why Ray because we have given more of their own money back in their own pockets and taken away government handouts? That's right you are all for giving more to the least needy. You my friend are not even close to a free enterprise capitalist.

What I am is a realist. You are not. You are one of those leftists who refuse to believe the theory or action/ reaction.

When you take a negative action against somebody, a negative reaction is likely to follow. When you take a positive action on somebody, it's likely to be met with a positive reaction.

So if you take a negative action on businesses, expect a negative reaction. Taking a negative action against somebody or something, and expecting a positive reaction is simply not logical.

The negative action of cutting taxes for all, oh the horror. You are truly a dupe.

Who said it's cutting taxes for all? There are plenty of corporations that pay less than that with their deductions. For them it would be a tax increase which is my point.

What are you saying?:huh1:

Lowering the tax rate on everyone.
How dare your valued corporations pay an equal share. That is just shameless.

I advocated lowering their taxes over 100% and you cry for them poor mistreated corporations.

All I'm saying is that your theory is flawed. You think you can have a flat tax with no negative ramifications. What I am saying is that if you made such a drastic change, it would have a lot of negative results.

And more positive results. No system will be perfect. Let's try more fair.
what is the objective? what is it you're trying to solve? me? Spending.

Spending definitely needs to be cut. I am also for cutting tax rate for all.

I'm not. I think the taxes paid by the rich are about right at this time. You're proposing cutting them a huge deal. How is this going to square with the deficit?

And forget about a wealth tax. That is basically confiscating (stealing) money and assets from people which have already been taxed. That will certainly send money overseas.

Because you're taking away all expenditures.

To encourage house purchases, that's why.

That is not the government’s job. Taxes should be used to raise money to pay for the governments spending, nothing more.
It is wrong to use the tax code for social engineering.

AHHH, hhahhahahahhahahhahah.

Great! Let's get rid of medicare, SSI, Earned Income credit and any other social engineering that is already built into the tax code!

Ok s0 get rid of the incentives and lower the tax rate accordingly. Otherwise the money is going to find a home somewhere else (overseas).

Dewey that is what I have been advocating from the start. Back to the kiddie table with you.

They don't pay shit! The cost is passed on to the consumer. LOL. Step back and look at the larger picture.

All I'm saying is that your theory is flawed. You think you can have a flat tax with no negative ramifications. What I am saying is that if you made such a drastic change, it would have a lot of negative results.

And more positive results. No system will be perfect. Let's try more fair.
what is the objective? what is it you're trying to solve? me? Spending.

Spending definitely needs to be cut. I am also for cutting tax rate for all.

I'm not. I think the taxes paid by the rich are about right at this time. You're proposing cutting them a huge deal. How is this going to square with the deficit?

And forget about a wealth tax. That is basically confiscating (stealing) money and assets from people which have already been taxed. That will certainly send money overseas.

Because you're taking away all expenditures.

So let's get rid of Capital depreciation?

Tell you what, next time you go to work, and if you can talk to the company owner, present your idea to him or her and see what kind of reply you get. Chances are, the company you work for takes a fair if not large amount of deductions. And if they do, and lose those deductions, what do you think would happen to your future with the company?

Since I am advocating cutting their tax rate from 21% to 10%. Probably a pay on the back. And since I am sure a will never meet the owner of Bechtel I doubt I get the chance. Maybe if your owner had a lower tax rate you would have health care Ray.

If he lost his deductions, he'd probably have to close up shop.

equal share? wtf does that mean? you making shit up now?

That is not the government’s job. Taxes should be used to raise money to pay for the governments spending, nothing more.

That's not social engineering. Social engineering is like when HUD moves their lowlifes to a nice middle-class neighborhood, and they destroy the place. Allowing tax deductions for a mortgage encourages home buying, which also influences house construction.

If the majority of Americans want to tax millionaires more, then the majority of Americans are morons. Look to New York for the result of taxing millionaires. They tried it already and the result is the millionaires are leaving. But NY still needs to tax somebody. Guess who their next target is...

That's not social engineering. Social engineering is like when HUD moves their lowlifes to a nice middle-class neighborhood, and they destroy the place. Allowing tax deductions for a mortgage encourages home buying, which also influences house construction.
Ray, the dude can't even answer the question with explaining fair!

Last edited:

They don't pay shit! The cost is passed on to the consumer. LOL. Step back and look at the larger picture.

So like I have said then are you advocating that corporations pay no taxes at all of any kind.

Maybe he should run a better company and you would have health care.

equal share? wtf does that mean? you making shit up now?

Equal percentage

No, maybe people shouldn't elect a bunch of control freak commies to our federal government and I would still have my healthcare.

So like I have said then are you advocating that corporations pay no taxes at all of any kind.
why do you think they should?

No, maybe people shouldn't elect a bunch of control freak commies to our federal government and I would still have my healthcare.

Or your employer could be a better business man and not rely on the government and yours and my tax dollars to fund it.

I think it is irrelevant. The taxes paid are paid by the consumer. It's just another place to tax something. Our government loves finding new things to tax (just look at the OP).

Forum List

Back