Man gets two years probation for confronting foreigner with a Puerto Rican shirt on

Says you. US law says otherwise.

§1402. Persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899
All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.

(June 27, 1952, ch. 477, title III, ch. 1, §302, 66 Stat. 236 .)

Any contest beween you vs. the USC on who is a US citizen has the same winner each time:

Not you.
You need to do some reading...

Puerto Rican citizenship - Wikipedia

Your own source says over and over that Puerto Ricans are US citizens.

Maybe you wanna read what you're linking to?
In 1997...

The Puerto Rico Supreme Court decision affirmed that persons born in Puerto Rico and persons subject to their jurisdiction are citizens of Puerto Rico under the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Constitution.

Puerto Ricans ARE Puerto Rican citizens. And US citizens.

Just like a citizen of Texas is a citizen of the state in which they recede AND a US citizen.

Do you not get how this works?
If they were US citizens, they could vote in our elections. How many times do i need to make this onvious point?

Meaningless pseudo-legal gibberish.

Voting for president is not a prerequisite for ANY US citizenship. To say nothing of the US citizensip of Puerto Ricans. Debunking your made up 'requirements'. Leaving us with the actual law and the actual requirements:

All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.

The only thing necessary to be a US citizen for someone in Puerto Rico....is to be born in Puerto Rico.

Try again. This time without your made up pseudo-legal 'requirements'.

Whether PR should or shouldn't be a state is a different discussion.

I for one would like to get back to the article, and ask this question.... even IF it were true that Puerto Ricans are "foreigners", why the hate and division? I'm talking about the guy in the article. My question for Jitss617 and Willow Tree is, do you agree with what the guy in the article did? If you believe in freedom, why should a person not be able to wear a t-shirt with their flag on it? Honest question.

In 1997...

The Puerto Rico Supreme Court decision affirmed that persons born in Puerto Rico and persons subject to their jurisdiction are citizens of Puerto Rico under the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Constitution.

They are Puerto Rican citizens. And US citizens.

Just as a person residing in say, Iowa is a citizen of the State of Iowa AND a US citizen.

Are you again confused about how this works?
US citizens can vote. Puerto Ricans cant.

Voting for President isn't a requirement for anyone to be a citizen. Debunking your claim yet again.

Meanwhile the citizenship status of Puerto Ricans is very clear in the ACTUAL law:

See how this works? You make up meaningless pseudo-legal 'requirements' that don't exist. And I quote the actual law.

Any contest between your imagination and the actual law has the same winner ever time:

The law.

They def ain’t no citizen here

Says you, citing yourself.

The actual law contradicts you.

Now why would I or any rational person ignore the ACTUAL law in favor of whatever meaningless nonsense you make up?

In 1997...

They are Puerto Rican citizens. And US citizens.

Just as a person residing in say, Iowa is a citizen of the State of Iowa AND a US citizen.

Are you again confused about how this works?
US citizens can vote. Puerto Ricans cant.

Voting for President isn't a requirement for anyone to be a citizen. Debunking your claim yet again.

Meanwhile the citizenship status of Puerto Ricans is very clear in the ACTUAL law:

See how this works? You make up meaningless pseudo-legal 'requirements' that don't exist. And I quote the actual law.

Any contest between your imagination and the actual law has the same winner ever time:

The law.
Because of that ambiguity, the territory, as a polity, lacks certain rights but enjoys certain benefits that other polities have or lack. For instance, in contrast to sovereign nations, Puerto Rico does not have voting rights in its federal legislature nor in electing its federal head of state. But, in contrast to U.S. states, residents of Puerto Rico are not subject to federal income taxes. The political status of the island thus stems from how different Puerto Rico is politically from sovereign nations and from U.S. states.

I for one would like to get back to the article, and ask this question.... even IF it were true that Puerto Ricans are "foreigners", why the hate and division? I'm talking about the guy in the article. My question for Jitss617 and Willow Tree is, do you agree with what the guy in the article did? If you believe in freedom, why should a person not be able to wear a t-shirt with their flag on it? Honest question.

No, and I don’t fucking agree with beating the shit out of MAGA hat wearers either. Do you?

Now why would I or any rational person ignore the ACTUAL law in favor of whatever meaningless nonsense you make up?
We Americans that live around Puerto Ricans do not consider them equal to us and we don’t have to

Now, Puerto Ricans can vote in presidential primaries and send delegates to the conventions to cast votes for the party candidate. That's it though.

Like other territories, Puerto Rico can participate in the presidential primary process. It holds a primary election in the spring of each presidential election year. Then the parties choose delegates to the Republican and Democratic National Convention, who are pledged to vote at that convention for the winners of Puerto Rico's primary, but that's the end of their participation in the presidential election.

Federal voting rights in Puerto Rico - Wikipedia

So you are okay with American citizens not paying taxes and not being able to vote! Got it.

Says you. US law says otherwise.

Any contest beween you vs. the USC on who is a US citizen has the same winner each time:

Not you.
You need to do some reading...

Puerto Rican citizenship - Wikipedia

In 1997...

Just like a citizen of Texas is a citizen of the state in which they recede AND a US citizen.

If they were US citizens, they could vote in our elections. How many times do i need to make this obvious point?

The obvious problem with your 'point' being that voting for president isn't a requirement for anyone's US citizenship. It doesn't matter how many times you mention your meaningless pseudo-legal 'requirement'.

Your imagination still doesn't create a LEGAL requirement. As the only thing necessary for a Puerto Rican to be a US Citizen is to be born in Puerto Rico.

See how that works?

No, and I don’t fucking agree with beating the shit out of MAGA hat wearers either. Do you?

OBVIOUSLY not. I don't agree with any violence, and I don't fall for the divide and conquer stuff that is shoved on us everyday, to pit groups against eachother. That's what the PTSB want, because it keeps us all distracted and keeps our focus off of who the real enemy is.

In 1997...

If they were US citizens, they could vote in our elections. How many times do i need to make this obvious point?

The obvious problem with your 'point' being that voting for president isn't a requirement for anyone's US citizenship. It doesn't matter how many times you mention your meaningless pseudo-legal 'requirement'.

Your imagination still doesn't create a LEGAL requirement. As the only thing necessary for a Puerto Rican to be a US Citizen is to be born in Puerto Rico.

See how that works?
They can’t even vote! That’s foreign to me lol

A. Who monitors Maine to make sure it's complying with its probation? How are the residents of Maine affected by this probation? If it violates probation do we cast the state out of the union?

B. Puerto Ricans aren't foreigners nor is their flag; they are Americans
Are they really if they wear a Puerto Rico flag? How many PR regiments were called up to fight in ...anywhere?

Since 1917, more than 200,000 American citizens from Puerto Rico have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, serving in every conflict since World War I (Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration).

Ten Facts About Puerto Rico and its Citizens
How many in a PR unit-our armies have had every nationality serve

So you are okay with American citizens not paying taxes and not being able to vote! Got it.
You seem confused. Puerto Ricans are able to vote and they do pay taxes. Just not for president...and not federal income taxes if they happen to reside in Puerto Rico.

And if you moved to Puerto Rico, neither would you.

And you'd be no less a U.S. Citizen for it.

You seem confused. Puerto Ricans are able to vote and they do pay taxes. Just not for president...and not federal income taxes if they happen to reside in Puerto Rico.

And if you moved to Puerto Rico, neither would you.

And you'd be no less a U.S. Citizen for it.
Does our constitution begin with we the people or we the bureaucrats ? Last time I checked it was the bureaucrats made that state some part of America which we don’t agree with

It's a good thing being stupid isn't a crime, he'd be doing life... I guess in a way, he is...

In 1997...

See how that works?
They can’t even vote! That’s foreign to me lol

'Foreign to you' isn't a legal standard. Its just meaningless pseudo-legal gibbering.

Back in the ACTUAL law, Puerto Ricans are Americans:

Puerto Ricans are undeniably American citizens. Puerto Rico is undeniably part of the United States. Thus, they aren't 'foreigners'. They're Americans.

Forum List

Back