Man gets two years probation for confronting foreigner with a Puerto Rican shirt on

They def ain’t no citizen here

Says you, citing yourself.

The actual law contradicts you.

§1402. Persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899
All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.

(June 27, 1952, ch. 477, title III, ch. 1, §302, 66 Stat. 236 .)

Now why would I or any rational person ignore the ACTUAL law in favor of whatever meaningless nonsense you make up?
So you are okay with American citizens not paying taxes and not being able to vote! Got it.
You seem confused. Puerto Ricans are able to vote and they do pay taxes. Just not for president...and not federal income taxes if they happen to reside in Puerto Rico.

And if you moved to Puerto Rico, neither would you.

And you'd be no less a U.S. Citizen for it.
No, they don’t pay federal income taxes. They should stop leeching off the Taxpayers.

In 1997...

The Puerto Rico Supreme Court decision affirmed that persons born in Puerto Rico and persons subject to their jurisdiction are citizens of Puerto Rico under the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Constitution.

Puerto Ricans ARE Puerto Rican citizens. And US citizens.

Just like a citizen of Texas is a citizen of the state in which they recede AND a US citizen.

Do you not get how this works?
If they were US citizens, they could vote in our elections. How many times do i need to make this obvious point?

The obvious problem with your 'point' being that voting for president isn't a requirement for anyone's US citizenship. It doesn't matter how many times you mention your meaningless pseudo-legal 'requirement'.

Your imagination still doesn't create a LEGAL requirement. As the only thing necessary for a Puerto Rican to be a US Citizen is to be born in Puerto Rico.

All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.

See how that works?
They can’t even vote! That’s foreign to me lol

'Foreign to you' isn't a legal standard. Its just meaningless pseudo-legal gibbering.

Back in the ACTUAL law, Puerto Ricans are Americans:

Puerto Ricans are undeniably American citizens. Puerto Rico is undeniably part of the United States. Thus, they aren't 'foreigners'. They're Americans.
Yes to bureaucrats and lawmakers not with the people I didn’t get a vote

We Americans that live around Puerto Ricans do not consider them equal to us and we don’t have to

Your personal personal bigotry doesn't change the law in the slighest. Nor does it change anyone's citizenship status. As you're nobody.

While Puerto Rico is definitely part of the United States. And Puerto Ricans are definitely US citizens

Now why would I or any rational person ignore the ACTUAL law in favor of whatever meaningless nonsense you make up?
So you are okay with American citizens not paying taxes and not being able to vote! Got it.
You seem confused. Puerto Ricans are able to vote and they do pay taxes. Just not for president...and not federal income taxes if they happen to reside in Puerto Rico.

No, they don’t pay federal income taxes. They should stop leeching off the Taxpayers.

Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Montana.......they all receive more in federal money than they pay.

Should all those Red States stop leeching off the Tax Payers?

Yes they can’t vote lol hahahahhahaha

Unless they move to ANY state. As every Puerto Rican is a US citizen.

Just flushing your obvious lie that Puerto Ricans are 'foreigners' yet again.

Is Puerto Rico a state? yes or no?

Explain the relevance of your question to my argument to my satisfaction, and I'll be happy to answer it.

So you can't answer a simple question.....

Got it.

The answer is no. So they are foreigners. Would you say Canadians are US citizens? Would you say Mexicans are US citizens? No. Because they don't live in the US.

Puerto Rico is not a US state. End of story.

Nope. They're all US citizens. Says who? Says the USC:

[USC02] 8 USC 1402: Persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899

And American citizens aren't 'foreigners'.

Remember....just because you have no idea what you're talking about doesn't mean that the law magically changes. Or their citizenship status.

It just means that you can't tell the difference between your personal opinion and reality.

Great, so they are from a US state? Puerto Rico is a US state?

You can keep posting this until the end of time, and I'm going to keep asking if Puerto Rico is a US state until the end of time.

You want to keep going? Be my guest. So will I.

ahhh wtf happen to free speech!?
How do you get jail time for calling out a foreigner for wearing another flag!?

We spent so much money on welfare to Puerto Rico and Puerto Ricans
We should be allowed to talk

Man gets probation for confronting woman over Puerto Rican flag T-shirt

Yeah, but that's our fault. We should put Puerto Rico up to an ultimatum. You either become a state, or we cut you loose. We really should do that.

But you really can't complain about Puerto Ricans taking our welfare money, because it's not their fault we're stupid enough to pour money all over them. That's our fault for being stupid.

I don't scream and yell at people on welfare, because it's not their fault that our idiotic government is taking my money and throwing it at losers who refuse to work. It's the politicians fault, and the public's fault for voting in those politicians.

That said, I like Puerto Rico. We should have them join as a state.

I'm more concerned about the openly anti-American people here, from say..... Palestine. That bothers me. I was at chipotle the other night, and there were a half dozen obviously foreign girls in line behind me, all wearing "Loyal to my Soil" With Palestine written in Arabic.

Now that is not just a flag for Puerto Rico.... Because Puerto Rico is like a state. You know I can wear an Ohio State flag shirt? Doesn't mean I don't support the US, because Ohio is part of the US, right? Well Puerto Rico is part of the US as well. It might not be a full state, but it is most certainly under our domain.

Palestine is not, and Loyal to the Soil, is openly saying they are not loyal to the US.

The shirts are ironic given Omar claiming Jews of dual loyalty, and I don't see Loyal to Israel shirts, but I do see loyal to Palestine shirts.

View attachment 285610

The one I saw had Arabic on it as well.

Congress act on the results, end the current form of territorial status and begin the process of admitting Puerto Rico to the Union as a state. On January 4, 2017, Puerto Rico's new representative to Congress pushed a bill that would ratify statehood by 2025. Up to congress.

I'm all for it.
Let's make it completely settled.

We Americans that live around Puerto Ricans do not consider them equal to us and we don’t have to

Your personal personal bigotry doesn't change the law in the slighest. Nor does it change anyone's citizenship status. As you're nobody.

While Puerto Rico is definitely part of the United States. And Puerto Ricans are definitely US citizens
My sisters are ricans and no I don’t

Puerto Ricans ARE Puerto Rican citizens. And US citizens.

Just like a citizen of Texas is a citizen of the state in which they recede AND a US citizen.

Do you not get how this works?
If they were US citizens, they could vote in our elections. How many times do i need to make this obvious point?

The obvious problem with your 'point' being that voting for president isn't a requirement for anyone's US citizenship. It doesn't matter how many times you mention your meaningless pseudo-legal 'requirement'.

Your imagination still doesn't create a LEGAL requirement. As the only thing necessary for a Puerto Rican to be a US Citizen is to be born in Puerto Rico.

See how that works?

'Foreign to you' isn't a legal standard. Its just meaningless pseudo-legal gibbering.

Puerto Ricans are undeniably American citizens. Puerto Rico is undeniably part of the United States. Thus, they aren't 'foreigners'. They're Americans.

You're not 'the people'. You're nobody.

And the people don't get to direct vote for federal laws. They never have.

You really need to take a look at the Constitution. As its the Constitution you really have a problem with. Not Puerto Ricans.

Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Montana.......they all receive more in federal money than they pay.

Because of the epa.

A. Who monitors Maine to make sure it's complying with its probation? How are the residents of Maine affected by this probation? If it violates probation do we cast the state out of the union?

B. Puerto Ricans aren't foreigners nor is their flag; they are Americans
Are they really if they wear a Puerto Rico flag? How many PR regiments were called up to fight in ...anywhere?

Since 1917, more than 200,000 American citizens from Puerto Rico have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, serving in every conflict since World War I (Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration).

Ten Facts About Puerto Rico and its Citizens
How many in a PR unit-our armies have had every nationality serve

I don't believe any PR units, nor any unit identified as being from a state when on active military (post Civil War that is).

They don’t pay zero. They and most of their citizens pay federal income tax. This bullshit is why I say the US and everyone who calls themselves a US citizen should pay a flat tax. No exemptions, no excuses, no exceptions.

See how that works?

You're not 'the people'. You're nobody.

You really need to take a look at the Constitution. As its the Constitution you really have a problem with. Not Puerto Ricans.
Of course we do we elect the fucking president you moron

Your sisteers being Puerto Ricans doesn't make you immune to bigotry. Or change the laws. Or change anyone's citizenship status.

You keep offering us standards that are meaningless. Meanwhile, the law is clear:

And in any contest between you and the USC, the USC wins.

Your sisteers being Puerto Ricans doesn't make you immune to bigotry. Or change the laws. Or change anyone's citizenship status.

You keep offering us standards that are meaningless. Meanwhile, the law is clear:

They are not a state, they aren’t citizens sorry

So, yes. Go to a flat tax! Stop the bullshit.

ahhh wtf happen to free speech!?
How do you get jail time for calling out a foreigner for wearing another flag!?

We spent so much money on welfare to Puerto Rico and Puerto Ricans
We should be allowed to talk

Man gets probation for confronting woman over Puerto Rican flag T-shirt

Puerto Ricans are Americans.
Why can’t they vote for the president ?

I would be embarrassed to show up at a message board every day and prove to everyone that my intense hatred for all things NOT conservative is based entirely on ignorance and stupidity.

cons have no shame
Do you live around a neighborhood taken over by Puerto Ricans they absolutely fucking destroyed my fucking city ! ....k

That’s a lie.

See how that works?

Who are you responding to, exactly? There's nothing about the President in what you're replying to. Try again.

"You're not 'the people'. You're nobody.

You really need to take a look at the Constitution. As its the Constitution you really have a problem with. Not Puerto Ricans"

This time read for comprehension.

Except when democrats decide they don’t like laws. Then they gladly ignore them. Hypocrite

Who are you responding to, exactly? There's nothing about the President in what you're replying to. Try again.

"You're not 'the people'. You're nobody.

You really need to take a look at the Constitution. As its the Constitution you really have a problem with. Not Puerto Ricans"

This time read for comprehension.
Of course we vote for federal law we vote for the top executive you moron

Forum List

Back