Man gets two years probation for confronting foreigner with a Puerto Rican shirt on

ahhh wtf happen to free speech!?
How do you get jail time for calling out a foreigner for wearing another flag!?

We spent so much money on welfare to Puerto Rico and Puerto Ricans
We should be allowed to talk

Man gets probation for confronting woman over Puerto Rican flag T-shirt

I find the very idea of an emotion being made illegal fundamentally wrong and very troubling aside from the obvious 1st amendment conflict. If hate can be made illegal then are love, sadness and other emotions not fair game too?
The very concept of hate crime is in and of itself absolutely ludicrous and having idiocy like this on the books at all says we've definitely lost our way.

What happened to Free Speech?
Is the new rule you have Free Speech as long as you do not offend any one?

Hello?? Puerto Rico is part of the US? Puerto Ricans are US citizens.
Would be like confronting a dude wearing a Confed flag T-shirt, right? No wait..because the Confederacy was a US enemy..and contemptible. Still...a person has the right to display it.

Anyway...free speech..protected speech..is a knife that cuts all equally. No matter the nationality..which in this case--was American.

Puerto Ricans are American citizens attacking someone for being a Puerto Rican is pretty ignorant

Consider the source.

Puerto Ricans are American citizens attacking someone for being a Puerto Rican is pretty ignorant

Its pretty generic white supremacist fair.
I really don't give a fuck who they are it's ignorant to attack an American citizen just because they don't live within the continental 48 states.

A. Who monitors Maine to make sure it's complying with its probation? How are the residents of Maine affected by this probation? If it violates probation do we cast the state out of the union?

B. Puerto Ricans aren't foreigners nor is their flag; they are Americans
Americans get a vote, therefore they arent Americans.

"How do you get jail time for calling out a foreigner for wearing another flag!?"

CONFRONTING.

he should NOT have CONFRONTED her.

thats practically "assault"

he and you have every right to be worse than trump. you just can't go up to people and bother them.

I'm sure if I went right up to YOU and said "go back to russia you fascist nazi piece of trump loving garbage" you would have shot me dead and claimed "I was standing my ground"

well....the piece of conservative garbage assaulted her
she stood her ground
and now he has legal problems
So your saying that all the anti trump protestors should go to jail?

By making that person feel reasonably physically threatened. Duh. What a stupid question.

I wonder if this drunk moron reacts the same way to the traitor nonamerican flag...er, that is, the confederate flag? Something tells me he doesn't.

"How do you get jail time for calling out a foreigner for wearing another flag!?"

CONFRONTING.

he should NOT have CONFRONTED her.

thats practically "assault"

he and you have every right to be worse than trump. you just can't go up to people and bother them.

I'm sure if I went right up to YOU and said "go back to russia you fascist nazi piece of trump loving garbage" you would have shot me dead and claimed "I was standing my ground"

well....the piece of conservative garbage assaulted her
she stood her ground
and now he has legal problems
But your antifa goons do it all the time and get away with it.
Not just antifa. There are THOUSANDS of unmasked democrats who harrass people all the time.

Puerto Ricans are Americans.
Why can’t they vote for the president ?

Because the people don't elect presidents. The electoral college does.

Every Puerto Rican is a US citizen.

Which, of course, you already know. Making your 'foreigner' bullshit not only laughably wrong. But a foolish, intentional lie.

If your argument had merit, you wouldn't need to lie to support it.
But they can’t vote in the presidential election Lol hahahah hahhhahh hahahha

Just because a few bureaucrats say their citizens us Americans who this country is run by all say they are not part of our country .. period.. where was my vote?

Again, Puerto Ricans are Americans. And its not a 'few bureaucrats' that say they are US citizens. Its US law that does.

1402. Persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899
All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.

[USC02] 8 USC 1402: Persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899

Easily debunking your 'foreigner' nonsense....and exposing your foolish, obvious lie.
where did Americans get to vote for that fucking piece of shit land Puerto Rico ? We didn’t it was decided by a few bureaucrats , we should flip all you liberal Democrats the bill that want to keep this goddamn island .. I bet you would cut and run in a heart beat! And they will never vote for the president of the United States of America ever
Actually..my ignorant friend..PR was spoils of war.

A. Who monitors Maine to make sure it's complying with its probation? How are the residents of Maine affected by this probation? If it violates probation do we cast the state out of the union?

The USC says otherwise.

§1402. Persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899
All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.

(June 27, 1952, ch. 477, title III, ch. 1, §302, 66 Stat. 236 .)

They're Americans. They may not be your preferred color for Americans. But they're American none the less.

Hello?? Puerto Rico is part of the US? Puerto Ricans are US citizens.
Would be like confronting a dude wearing a Confed flag T-shirt, right? No wait..because the Confederacy was a US enemy..and contemptible. Still...a person has the right to display it.

Anyway...free speech..protected speech..is a knife that cuts all equally. No matter the nationality..which in this case--was American.
US citizens have a vote, Puerto Ricans do not.

Puerto Ricans are Americans.
Why can’t they vote for the president ?

Because the people don't elect presidents. The electoral college does.

Every Puerto Rican is a US citizen.

Which, of course, you already know. Making your 'foreigner' bullshit not only laughably wrong. But a foolish, intentional lie.

If your argument had merit, you wouldn't need to lie to support it.
Then why don’t they pay federal income tax?
Because there is no taxation without representation..and PR gets no vote..and is subject to territorial law--which does not change the citizenship of the residents at all. They are Americans.

The USC says otherwise.

They're Americans. They may not be your preferred color for Americans. But they're American none the less.
Nope, they dont get to vote in our elections. Thats because they arent Americans.

The USC says otherwise.

Nope, they dont get to vote in our elections. Thats because they arent Americans.

Says you. US law says otherwise.

Any contest between you vs. the USC on who is a US citizen has the same winner each time:

Not you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back