🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man-hating liberals latest attack on Christmas - God raped Mary

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I agree Christmas is just a money-making racket but this is going too far.

A Feminist s Christmas Tale God Raped Mary

dec 22 2014
Salon and Alternet seem to exist only to provide click-bait for kooks. Alternet certainly succeeded with their Sunday article entitled, “Why rape is so intrinsic to religion” which was also cross-posted on partner site Salon. In the article by Valerie Tarico, she tries to argue that the virgin birth of Jesus Christ was God raping Mary, similar to Greek and Hindu tales of gods raping women. “It’s a common theme in the history of religion, and it’s more than a little rapey,” Tarico claims.

“Rapey” is not exactly an adjective most would use to describe the Christmas story, but never underestimate what an Alternet writer can come up with! Tarico even manages to tie it all in to “the shocking prevalence” of rape “on college campuses and in society at large.” I guess she completely ignored the Rolling Stone apology and media blow-up, showing that one student’s account of shocking gang rape might’ve been false. Not to mention, the most recent comprehensive study from the DOJ which shows, 20 percent of college-age women are not raped on campus, more like 0.6%.

After citing a litany of Greek tales, Hindu and Buddhist fables, Tarico astutely surmised,

“None of them has freely given female consent as a part of the narrative.” She adds the Biblical account of the virgin birth in there too, for good measure: “Luke’s Mary assents after being not asked but told by a powerful supernatural being what is going to happen to her, “Behold the bond slave of the Lord: be it done to me . . .”).

dec 22 2014
Salon and Alternet seem to exist only to provide click-bait for kooks. Alternet certainly succeeded with their Sunday article entitled, “Why rape is so intrinsic to religion” which was also cross-posted on partner site Salon. In the article by Valerie Tarico, she tries to argue that the virgin birth of Jesus Christ was God raping Mary, similar to Greek and Hindu tales of gods raping women. “It’s a common theme in the history of religion, and it’s more than a little rapey,” Tarico claims.

“Rapey” is not exactly an adjective most would use to describe the Christmas story, but never underestimate what an Alternet writer can come up with! Tarico even manages to tie it all in to “the shocking prevalence” of rape “on college campuses and in society at large.” I guess she completely ignored the Rolling Stone apology and media blow-up, showing that one student’s account of shocking gang rape might’ve been false. Not to mention, the most recent comprehensive study from the DOJ which shows, 20 percent of college-age women are not raped on campus, more like 0.6%.

After citing a litany of Greek tales, Hindu and Buddhist fables, Tarico astutely surmised,

“None of them has freely given female consent as a part of the narrative.” She adds the Biblical account of the virgin birth in there too, for good measure: “Luke’s Mary assents after being not asked but told by a powerful supernatural being what is going to happen to her, “Behold the bond slave of the Lord: be it done to me . . .”).
Oh dear....how devastating.

One of the problems with the internet is that it gives a platform to obviously mentally ill people like the Salon writer. Her demented point of view won't be rebuked, rather it will be amplified by nuts, and she will be rewarded with many views for her disgusting clickbait headline. In the past, such people would have no platform, and would at the very least be in therapy. They wouldn't have such an avenue to spew their vile and have their illness celebrated and amplified by "supportive" internet posters. Now these socially dysfunctional people are even in our universities writing destructive feminist style curriculum and absurd laws like "affirmative sexual contracts".

Not that I think that Jesus or Mary even existed, but...

The writer kind of has a point. The angel doesn't ask Mary if she wants to be the mother of the Messiah. He TELLS her she is. It wasn't like her consent was part of the deal.

Of course, the "Virgin Birth" isn't a new idea in mythology. Zeus went around raping all sorts of women to father the heroes of Greece.

The writer kind of has a point. The angel doesn't ask Mary if she wants to be the mother of the Messiah. He TELLS her she is. It wasn't like her consent was part of the deal.

Of course, the "Virgin Birth" isn't a new idea in mythology. Zeus went around raping all sorts of women to father the heroes of Greece.

And Mary's "God did it" story does smell a bit fishy when you figure that she and Joe were engaged but not yet married, and then she turns up preggers.

Just sayin', you can look at it through the eyes of fairy tales, or you can look realistically.

Hey, ask Lot about rape too. Even better -- ask his daughters.

Last edited:

dec 22 2014

Aren't you the same wag who declared a teenage girl was a "slut" because she got shot in the face?

Kind of a double standard here doncha THINK?

And Mary's "God did it" story does smell a bit fishy when you figure that she and Joe were engaged but not yet married, and then she turns up preggers.

Just sayin', you can look at it through the eyes of fairy tales, or you can look realistically.

Hey, ask Lot about rape too.

As I said, only my patron saint would have bought that story...

Hey, ask Lot about rape too.

As I said, only my patron saint would have bought that story...

Apparently Mary had a look at his intelligence genes and figured, "this can't be all there is"....

Being turned into a pillar of salt was obviously the preferable option, versus being married to Lot. LOL!

dec 22 2014

There are many that don't have any respect for people of faith, except that it only be used to push the latest political agenda. Why should anyone expect this to be of any surprise?

Being turned into a pillar of salt was obviously the preferable option, versus being married to Lot. LOL!

It was her Escape Clause. You know, Santa's brother.

Most atheists are just clever sillies, and threads like this prove it. They celebrate the dark nihilistic abyss that exists without a creator as though it is somehow a good thing. They haven't seriously thought out the dark consequences of their worldview, and think they are intelligent for merely being contrarian.

Yeah. Since when do gods ask for consent for anything? It never happened but if it had, it was no consensual.

Unwed mother needed an out, an excuse for being pregnant and the gullible dupes lined up.

Worse is that when "dad" threw a little god-tantrum and killed his son.

Thing is, I don't mind their fairy tales but couldn't they at least get the date right? And how about they come up with their own rituals instead of stealing them from other, older religions?

Yeah. Since when do gods ask for consent for anything? It never happened but if it had, it was no consensual.

Unwed mother needed an out, an excuse for being pregnant and the gullible dupes lined up.

Worse is that when "dad" threw a little god-tantrum and killed his son.

Thing is, I don't mind their fairy tales but couldn't they at least get the date right? And how about they come up with their own rituals instead of stealing them from other, older religions?

Marketing.

LOL, who cares about being a virgin, that is SOOO 19th century you repressive and sexist republican shitlords. It isn't as though sleeping around with multiple partners effects one's ability to be in a functioning relationship at all. Free love is great!

teachman.jpg

The Social Pathologist Sexual Partner Divorce Risk

Most atheists are just clever sillies, and threads like this prove it. They celebrate the dark nihilistic abyss that exists without a creator as though it is somehow a good thing. They haven't seriously thought out the dark consequences of their worldview, and think they are intelligent for merely being contrarian.

"Atheists"?
Describing how silly a story is means you don't believe any stories huh?

Binary thinkers .... SMH

How can one "celebrate" something they don't believe exists?

Seriously.

YOU believe in that "abyss". I don't. Its not being contrary. Its simply that it does not exist and there are no "consequences" to that which is not real.

You're welcome to your beliefs but don't ASSume others share them.

Forum List

Back