🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man-hating liberals latest attack on Christmas - God raped Mary

Not that I think that Jesus or Mary even existed, but...

The writer kind of has a point. The angel doesn't ask Mary if she wants to be the mother of the Messiah. He TELLS her she is. It wasn't like her consent was part of the deal.

He doesn't need to ask, because God already knows Mary's thoughts perfectly and knows that giving birth to Jesus is perfectly Ok with her. A God that needs to ask is not a God.

I don't know, did God give her the whole story? Did he mention, "Oh, yeah, when he's 33 or so, he's going to start this weird cult and the Romans are going to flog and crucify him! And you have to watch. In some gospels, anyway. Not in all of them because this is a made-up story."

I don't see any parent going along with that deal.

What does that have to do with rape?

Nonetheless, He chose Mary because he knew all of it would be acceptable to her. Why would He choose somebody that would have a problem with any of it?

Yanno, that sentiment is usually rendered as "she was askin' for it". Just an observation. :eusa_angel:

What does that have to do with rape?

Nonetheless, He chose Mary because he knew all of it would be acceptable to her. Why would He choose somebody that would have a problem with any of it?

Actually this is kind of like asking why Harry Potter or Captain Kirk did something. We are talking about fictional characters. So really, all they need is for the actions to make sense to the Author.

As a reader, though, honestly, it doesn't sound like informed consent to me. God didn't say, "Hey, if you don't want to, I'll move on to the chick three mangers down."

In some gospels, anyway. Not in all of them because this is a made-up story

That is a matter of faith. What you say is no better than me saying that it is a true story.

Okay, here's the problem. Where's your EVIDENCE? My best evidence that Jesus is made up is that his official biographies can't agree on when he was born, where his family was from, who his ancestors were, when he lived, when he died, or a lot of other key information.

He's like a character written by multiple authors.

I'm sorry, but some people just need a good beating and a whipping. Whoever, created this story should be tied to a confession booth for 6 months.

Well, the entire story was how all religions have gods who just can't keep it in their pants, not just Yahweh. The bible also has that lovely story in Genesis 6 about how the "Sons of Heaven" came down and raped human women. (which was the real reason for God's genocidal flood.)

Yahweh was kind of a prude, though, he did it without the icky sex stuff.

I'm sorry, but some people just need a good beating and a whipping. Whoever, created this story should be tied to a confession booth for 6 months.

Well, the entire story was how all religions have gods who just can't keep it in their pants, not just Yahweh. The bible also has that lovely story in Genesis 6 about how the "Sons of Heaven" came down and raped human women. (which was the real reason for God's genocidal flood.)

Are you on drugs again Joe Biden?

Are you on drugs again Joe Biden?

Why don't you answer the point made. Can Mary be said to have been able to give any kind of meaningful consent?

Of course, the absurdity that Jesus was the son of a God is a later invention.

In some gospels, anyway. Not in all of them because this is a made-up story

That is a matter of faith. What you say is no better than me saying that it is a true story.

Okay, here's the problem. Where's your EVIDENCE? My best evidence that Jesus is made up is that his official biographies can't agree on when he was born, where his family was from, who his ancestors were, when he lived, when he died, or a lot of other key information.

He's like a character written by multiple authors.

I seem to recall some wags built entire careers on Barack O'bama being from Kenya despite far more extensive evidence to the contrary, so it just demonstrates the power of self-delusion.

Forum List

Back