Man mocks Alligators, ignores warning signs then jumps in water and is killed by Alligators in Texas

Texas alligator attack Man killed in Orange County - CNN.com
While it is tragic that a person lost their life, it is extremely difficult to feel any sympathy for someone who was warned multiple times, in multiple forms. What a fool.

Isn't tragic when some moron dies this way. Aligators gotta eat too. :)

Steve Irwin called American alligators 'frogs with teeth.' ...And was then promptly killed by a 'pancake with spikey tail.' :)

The alligator didnt eat the dude.
They generally will stuff their kill under a root or log and let it get a little ripe before eating it.
This guy wasnt ready for eaten before the found his body.

Pity. Guess the tragic part then is no video. :) Like the one of the guy dangling his foot inthe water from dock with his little girl. Was hoping another one came and bit his foot off but no joy.

While it is tragic that a person lost their life, it is extremely difficult to feel any sympathy for someone who was warned multiple times, in multiple forms. What a fool.

Steve Irwin called American alligators 'frogs with teeth.' ...And was then promptly killed by a 'pancake with spikey tail.' :)

The alligator didnt eat the dude.
They generally will stuff their kill under a root or log and let it get a little ripe before eating it.
This guy wasnt ready for eaten before the found his body.

Pity. Guess the tragic part then is no video. :) Like the one of the guy dangling his foot inthe water from dock with his little girl. Was hoping another one came and bit his foot off but no joy.

Just goes to show that there was a good reason alligators were "endangered".

There's always a fair amount of risk in many things we do and of course its sad when people die.
Still, knowing there's an 11 ft alligator in the waters you are about to swim in is :cuckoo:.
Swimming in waters after numerous shark attacks...also:cuckoo:

...if I saw an 11 foot alligator Id move out of that state. Ill take bears over prehistoric looking eating machines any day.

Meh, in reality shark attacks are quite rare. Although there have been a couple in the Carolinas, we haven't had one here in my area in a very long time. I'm quite sure your chances of being attacked by a shark around here are less than being hit by a car while walking across the street.
A couple of attacks? Try 11 so far this year.

I only heard of a couple, not 11, but I don't live in the Carolinas. It's weird though. I know surfers are more apt to be attacked because they resemble seals to the sharks apparently. Still though, your chances of getting attacked by a shark are very low, relatively speaking. :D I've lived here in MA for my whole life, have been going to the beach and swimming, and have never been attacked, nor do I know anyone who has ever been attacked, so yeah I still go to the beach and swim. Does that make me stupid? Should I live in fear of the sharks?

I loved Steve Irwin. That guy was so entertaining! Too bad about him. I really enjoyed his shows.

I feel bad that this man lost his life but stupidity can be fatal at times. When I see a Gator, my ass runs zig-zag in the opposite direction. lol.

I feel bad that this man lost his life but stupidity can be fatal at times. When I see a Gator, my ass runs zig-zag in the opposite direction. lol.

I've never seen a crocodile or alligator in the wild. I've seen baby alligators at the zoo before and on television, but that's it. I imagine if I saw one in the wild, I would do the same thing. :lol:

Just goes to show that there was a good reason alligators were "endangered".

What do you mean? It's not the alligator's fault. They just do what comes naturally as opportunistic animals.

Long as you keep your distance they wont mess with you.
Although I'll never forget the day me and a bud went fishing at Brazos Bend state park.
I walked out on a downed tree about ten foot out into the lake and fished for about ten minutes before looking down and seeing an at least 12 footer not two feet from me.
He was just staring at me...first time in my life I felt like prey.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I've never seen a crocodile or alligator in the wild. I've seen baby alligators at the zoo before and on television, but that's it. I imagine if I saw one in the wild, I would do the same thing. :lol:

Last year when I was vacationing in Hilton Head my friends and I rode our bikes all around the island. I love biking, it relaxes the hell out of me and it is great exercise. After one of our particularly long rides we noticed a whole slew of people standing around in a circle near a drainage ditch. We got close to see what the hubbub as all about and there was this huge ass alligator chilling. My sister and I looked at each other, simultaneously said, nope, and got the hell out of there. Fools were getting close thinking it was cute or some harmless stuffed animal. Idiots.

i thought this guy was a sho in for the darwin award till the dude shot fireworks off his head....

Last year when I was vacationing in Hilton Head my friends and I rode our bikes all around the island. I love biking, it relaxes the hell out of me and it is great exercise. After one of our particularly long rides we noticed a whole slew of people standing around in a circle near a drainage ditch. We got close to see what the hubbub as all about and there was this huge ass alligator chilling. My sister and I looked at each other, simultaneously said, nope, and got the hell out of there. Fools were getting close thinking it was cute or some harmless stuffed animal. Idiots.

Yeah, I'd rather see one from a good distance. :D Maybe from up in a tree or something. Lol.

gators or yard dogs...arent dangerous is you leave them be...they do however like to eat at dusk and dawn....just like black bears...just dont fuck with 'em

Maybe he was trying to be like Steve Irwin? Maybe he was going to rub the gator's tummy and give him some loving. :D Lol.

Yeah, I'd rather see one from a good distance. :D Maybe from up in a tree or something. Lol.

This is my buddies fishing camp out in the East Texas boonies.
We fillet fish on the bench in the fore ground and the gators flock to the dock to eat the carcasses!!
All you have to is wack the dock with a stick and it's like a dinner bell.
upload_2015-7-6_9-52-5.png

Forum List

Back