Man opens fire on police

We can make it harder for criminals to get things. We don't see machine guns in many crimes because they are difficult to get.

They are also a pain in the ass to lug around, not the weapon of choice for some gang bangin.

There are little ones. Size didn't stop gangsters from using tommy guns, laws did.

Not a machine gun, a sub-machine gun. get your nomenclature right.

And this is a bout semi auto handguns and rifles with mags of 15-30.

The sign of a weak argument is the proponent bouncing around from topic to topic like a gazelle with ADD.

I was giving an example of an effective gun law. It was used appropriately.

Was it? You can still buy a machinegun. You simply have to pay a $200 tax stamp.

Yes and a machine gun is really expensive. So criminals seldom have them. Law has been effective.

In the situation discussed in the OP, where shots are being fired at cops and not at close range.

Which is more dangerous, a snub-nosed .357 revolver that holds 6 rounds or a scoped hunting rifle that holds 4 rounds?

A hunting rifle that holds 25 rounds.

Not fond of actually answering the question you are asked, are you? But you certainly don't mind asking them.

Do you disagree that is the most dangerous weapon in scenario?

I'm sorry, I guess I missed you answering my question.

They are also a pain in the ass to lug around, not the weapon of choice for some gang bangin.

There are little ones. Size didn't stop gangsters from using tommy guns, laws did.

The sign of a weak argument is the proponent bouncing around from topic to topic like a gazelle with ADD.

Was it? You can still buy a machinegun. You simply have to pay a $200 tax stamp.

Yes and a machine gun is really expensive. So criminals seldom have them. Law has been effective.

Very few civilians own them either. Is that the goal with other firearms?

In the situation discussed in the OP, where shots are being fired at cops and not at close range.

Which is more dangerous, a snub-nosed .357 revolver that holds 6 rounds or a scoped hunting rifle that holds 4 rounds?

Not fond of actually answering the question you are asked, are you? But you certainly don't mind asking them.

You must have missed that guy in shooting had hi cap rifle.

Just hi cap magazines.

Again, your argument is a fail when you mention criminals.
We can outlaw anything. Criminals do not abide by the laws. That's why they are called criminals.

We can make it harder for criminals to get things. We don't see machine guns in many crimes because they are difficult to get.

There is no real demand for real machine guns among criminals, they know they don't need them. Most crimes are comitted with crappy weapons.

Just hi cap magazines.

it never ends there and you know it.

There is no real demand for real machine guns among criminals, they know they don't need them. Most crimes are comitted with crappy weapons.

So they wouldn't need hi cap magazines either. Thank you my point exactly.

You must have missed that guy in shooting had hi cap rifle.

So you were talking about a hi cap derringer? Well that is different.

Just hi cap magazines.

Really? We had a hi cap mag ban and it went the other way.

Just hi cap magazines.

Really? We had a hi cap mag ban and it went the other way.

Because people resisted.

Again, if we don't need em, the cops don't need em.

Why do you like to be lorded over by your supposed "betters"?

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

has all the time in the world to swap mags

From actual, real world research by questioning survivors of mass public shootings, they all say these shooters were calm, and methodical so switching out a magazine is no problem for them...why are they calm...they are in gun free zones and no rounds are being shot at them....

Again, are you a criminal?

The cops aren't the enemy. I explained why they would potentially need them.

The Cops are citizens, any law you pass against citizens has to apply to the police, with the exception of their ability to arrest under immunity.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

has all the time in the world to swap mags

From actual, real world research by questioning survivors of mass public shootings, they all say these shooters were calm, and methodical so switching out a magazine is no problem for them...why are they calm...they are in gun free zones and no rounds are being shot at them....

And there are examples of shooters stopped at reload. So you are wrong. Nothing more real world than actual examples. Calm guys at the range mess up reloads too.

Giffords shooting was not in gun free zone. Shooter was stopped by unarmed people when he tried to reload.

You don't have proof of that and we discussed this...the Safeway stores have indiviual policies on carrrying in their stores...you would have to show that this safeway store allowed carry in their stores...other wise, a lot of people going to safeway would either leave their guns at home, or lock them in their cars before going in....something that would need to be clarified...and with a political event in the parking lot some may have left their guns at home....

The Cops are citizens, any law you pass against citizens has to apply to the police, with the exception of their ability to arrest under immunity.

Everyone should have sirens and be able to speed too I suppose.

Hi cap magazines are often used by criminals. Never needed for defense.

Sorry, you have no evidence of this...most shootings use few rounds but not all...and it isn't your right to limit another persons life saving options...especially when they are protected under the Bill of Rights...

And there are examples of shooters stopped at reload. So you are wrong.

And there are lots of examples of shooters stopped by armed citizens shooting them...so I guess you are wrong...

Forum List

Back