Man opens fire on police

Like a armed robber needs to shoot you 17 times.

Cops and gang bangers use hi cap mags. Cops cause they can and gang bangers cause hi cap mags make for a good terror weapon.

But normal gun carrying citizens. No, They don't need them and they are not going to get in a shoot out and worry about having to reload. And you don't have one study to back you up that it was only because of hi cap magazines that stopped a crime..

That's as bullshit an idea as the claim that 2.5 million crimes are stopped each year by DGU.

If we don't need them then the cops don't need them.

I swear you people want to create a new class of feudal knights, people with the sole right to bear arms by government fiat.

Cops and gang bangers use hi cap mags. Cops cause they can and gang bangers cause hi cap mags make for a good terror weapon.

But normal gun carrying citizens. No, They don't need them and they are not going to get in a shoot out and worry about having to reload. And you don't have one study to back you up that it was only because of hi cap magazines that stopped a crime..

That's as bullshit an idea as the claim that 2.5 million crimes are stopped each year by DGU.

I swear you people want to create a new class of feudal knights, people with the sole right to bear arms by government fiat.

Cops need to stop criminals, that is different than defending. Defending you shoot a couple times at burglar and he takes off situation done. Cop can't let criminal escape, has to pursue.

What the anti-gun nuts seem to forget is that the tool is not what is dangerous.

If I am a law abiding citizen, whether I have a gun that will hold 6 rounds or 100, you are not in danger.
If I am a criminal, whether you make the high capacity magazines illegal or not, I will still have them and use them.

Cops need to stop criminals, that is different than defending. Defending you shoot a couple times at burglar and he takes off situation done. Cop can't let criminal escape, has to pursue.

How can you be absolutely sure than the criminals will flee or that there will never be a case where they are armed and want to fight?

So a job allows a person to have more rights over another?

Bullshit. There is no reason for a police force to be better armed than the lawful citizenry, except for weapons kept in an armory for unique situations.

If a citizen is limited to 7+1 rounds in a handgun, the police should be too. They are not above the law.

What the anti-gun nuts seem to forget is that the tool is not what is dangerous.

If I am a law abiding citizen, whether I have a gun that will hold 6 rounds or 100, you are not in danger.
If I am a criminal, whether you make the high capacity magazines illegal or not, I will still have them and use them.

A criminal with an m16 is more dangerous than one with a derringer.

How can you be absolutely sure than the criminals will flee or that there will never be a case where they are armed and want to fight?

I am sure that criminals use hi cap mags way more than they will ever be needed for defense.

Depends. I can see the M16, whereas I might not see the derringer.

It also depends on whether you are the 1st person or the 3rd person he wants dead.

So the high capacity magazine is why the shooter is dangerous?

Helps make him more dangerous. Lots of examples of hi cap magazines used for evil, but never good.
No. He's dangerous to begin with. No normal person would even consider such an act.
Your premise presupposes the factor of temptation. That but for the high capacity magazine, the shooter would not have committed the act at all.
That is illogical.

Bullshit. There is no reason for a police force to be better armed than the lawful citizenry, except for weapons kept in an armory for unique situations.

If a citizen is limited to 7+1 rounds in a handgun, the police should be too. They are not above the law.

Are you a criminal planning to have shootout with police? You sound like it.

I am sure that criminals use hi cap mags way more than they will ever be needed for defense.

And I am sure those criminals will follow the laws against high capacity magazines?

But you did not answer my question.

Ya just hit the nail on the head. "CRIMINAL"....
You've just contradicted yourself.

Helps make him more dangerous. Lots of examples of hi cap magazines used for evil, but never good.
No. He's dangerous to begin with. No normal person would even consider such an act.
Your premise presupposes the factor of temptation. That but for the high capacity magazine, the shooter would not have committed the act at all.
That is illogical.

Not at all. It's about limiting the damage done by the person.

No, he sounds like someone who assumes that rights do not depend on a job title.

Are you room temperature IQ progressive twat-waddle? You should sound like it.

That is illogical.

Not at all. It's about limiting the damage done by the person.

So as long as he doesn't fire too many rounds, he isn't so bad?

No shit.
So what's your point?

And I am sure those criminals will follow the laws against high capacity magazines?

But you did not answer my question.

My answer shows hi cap magazines do way more damage than good. You have an example of anyone needing one for defense? I have long list of mass shooters using them.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

has all the time in the world to swap mags

Giffords shooting was not in gun free zone. Shooter was stopped by unarmed people when he tried to reload.

Yep, when he bungled the reload. But those people were very close to the shooter. A situation not likely to happen with a rifle shooter.

But with rifle he might pull the trigger to find he's empty allowing someone to get away.

Looks like someone has a case of "mabye-coulda-mighta-itis.

Sounds like you want criminals to be as well armed as possible.
Again, your argument is a fail when you mention criminals.
We can outlaw anything. Criminals do not abide by the laws. That's why they are called criminals.

Forum List

Back