Man opens fire on police

Nope but why not make criminals reload often? Defenses in the vast majority are only 2 shots. Criminals like this guy and mass shooters however like to empty the magazine.

Because I don't feel like putting citizens at a disadvantage over criminals, who will not follow said mag limits.

If this is such a great idea why not restrict cops on how many rounds per mag?

Moments ago you talked about how fast an experienced shooter can reload. Now it's some disadvantage? Seems you aren't very honest.

Not everyone is an experienced shooter/reloader. For some woman fighting off an attacker, why should she not have the safety of 17+1 in a handgun? Why should she have to fumble around after firing off 7+1?

What should happen is a law abiding citizen should be able to buy the firearm they are comfortable with, with a mag capacity THEY feel is adequate.

I've never seen an example of someone having that problem. Long list of mass shooters though.

You have never seen an example of that? How many law abiding citizens have you seen buying a firearm? I would wager it is a pretty small number.

As for mass shooters, if you would push for mental health professionals to report their patients to the NICS database you would have a much better effect on these very uncommon events.

You have examples?

What about gang bangers? They rare too?

Because I don't feel like putting citizens at a disadvantage over criminals, who will not follow said mag limits.

Moments ago you talked about how fast an experienced shooter can reload. Now it's some disadvantage? Seems you aren't very honest.

Not everyone is an experienced shooter/reloader. For some woman fighting off an attacker, why should she not have the safety of 17+1 in a handgun? Why should she have to fumble around after firing off 7+1?

What should happen is a law abiding citizen should be able to buy the firearm they are comfortable with, with a mag capacity THEY feel is adequate.

I've never seen an example of someone having that problem. Long list of mass shooters though.

You have never seen an example of that? How many law abiding citizens have you seen buying a firearm? I would wager it is a pretty small number.

As for mass shooters, if you would push for mental health professionals to report their patients to the NICS database you would have a much better effect on these very uncommon events.

You have examples?

Most of them are in cities THAT ALREADY LIMIT the mag capacity of firearms. Those laws seem to REALLY FUCKING WORK, eh?

He did not say that a hi-cap magazine is a disadvantage.

First he said capacity doesn't matter cause you can reload so fast. Now he claims it is a disadvantage. He's not being honest cause they both can't be true.

Yes, they can both be true. I would be willing to bet that I can reload my M1911 very fast. But I have been shooting it for a long time, and I shoot as a hobby. Someone who does not have the experience or who does not practice will not be as fast or as sure.

Defenders don't and shouldn't use that many shots. Mass shooters and gang bangers do.

How nice that you, in your infinite wisdom, know how many rounds it should take to defend yourself.

There are studies.

You have examples?

Most of them are in cities THAT ALREADY LIMIT the mag capacity of firearms. Those laws seem to REALLY FUCKING WORK, eh?

That mass shooter in CA did follow their magazine limits.

City laws are very weak. Just go to next town.

First he said capacity doesn't matter cause you can reload so fast. Now he claims it is a disadvantage. He's not being honest cause they both can't be true.

Yes, they can both be true. I would be willing to bet that I can reload my M1911 very fast. But I have been shooting it for a long time, and I shoot as a hobby. Someone who does not have the experience or who does not practice will not be as fast or as sure.

Defenders don't and shouldn't use that many shots. Mass shooters and gang bangers do.

How nice that you, in your infinite wisdom, know how many rounds it should take to defend yourself.

You don't really live in Atlanta dude. You do live on fantasy island shoot em up. Fucking pitiful. YOU can't show ONE of your vaunted gun studies that support the need for hi cap magazines as a necessary component to stop crime.

What did Kleck say? Over 50% of the respondents never even pulled their weapon. Let alone need to fire it 17 times to defend themselves.

You live in some weird shoot em up fantasy world.

You have examples?

Examples of mass shooters that had seen shrinks and then gone on a shooting spree?? The Sandy Hook shooting, the VATech Shooting, the one in CA where he also stabbed a few people. It is easy to find examples of people who, because of their mental health issues, should not have been allowed to buy a firearm. But their names were not in the database.

Are gangbangers rare? Not so much. Do you actually think they obtained their guns legally and that they would follow the laws concerning magazine capacities?

There are studies.

Yes, there are studies that show you usually won't need many rounds. But there is no way that you can be sure of what will happen.

You have examples?

That mass shooter in CA did follow their magazine limits.

City laws are very weak. Just go to next town.

You were referring to gangbangers. Try to stick to the concept of your previous post.

There are studies.

And none of them show the need for hi cap magazines. Must really piss the gun nutters off.

Last time I read of a person needing to fire 19 rounds was the recent cop shooting where the criminal fired three rounds and it took the cop all 19 to hit his target. That's gotta make you feel so good.

Where did all those other rounds end up? Wasn't in the criminal. Where'd they go?

You don't really live in Atlanta dude. You do live on fantasy island shoot em up. Fucking pitiful. YOU can't show ONE of your vaunted gun studies that support the need for hi cap magazines as a necessary component to stop crime.

What did Kleck say? Over 50% of the respondents never even pulled their weapon. Let alone need to fire it 17 times to defend themselves.

What is pitiful is that you apparently cannot read. I do not own a single firearm that uses a high capacity magazine. I have stated this several times. I am simply arguing that the magazine capacity is not the issue. You wantto blame the magazine for the actions of a criminal. And you apparently think that the criminals will follow the laws.

There are studies.

Yes, there are studies that show you usually won't need many rounds. But there is no way that you can be sure of what will happen.

That's so bullshit. The zombie apocalypse is coming to your town soon I's sure. Be afraid be very afraid.
You gotta be one of the most fearful people I have read on a message board. Is everybody out to git ya?

There are studies.

And none of them show the need for hi cap magazines. Must really piss the gun nutters off.

Last time I read of a person needing to fire 19 rounds was the recent cop shooting where the criminal fired three rounds and it took the cop all 19 to hit his target. That's gotta make you feel so good.

Where did all those other rounds end up? Wasn't in the criminal. Where'd they go?

Your strawman arguments and projections are laughable. Am I pissed off? Hardly. I have what I think is an ideal defensive firearm (a couple of them actually). And none are high capacity.

There are studies.

That's so bullshit. The zombie apocalypse is coming to your town soon I's sure. Be afraid be very afraid.
You gotta be one of the most fearful people I have read on a message board. Is everybody out to git ya?

And you have to be either one of the most dense or enjoy ignoring what someone says. Have I said I have any high capacity firearms? Or have I stated the exact opposite? If you want to quote me, at least stick with what I actually say instead of inventing my comments.

You have examples?

Examples of mass shooters that had seen shrinks and then gone on a shooting spree?? The Sandy Hook shooting, the VATech Shooting, the one in CA where he also stabbed a few people. It is easy to find examples of people who, because of their mental health issues, should not have been allowed to buy a firearm. But their names were not in the database.

Are gangbangers rare? Not so much. Do you actually think they obtained their guns legally and that they would follow the laws concerning magazine capacities?

I know that about mental health. Good luck getting republicans to do anything. Did you see the health care debate?

I think gang bangers will use what they can easily get. If buying a gun illegally you can't afford to be too picky or you might get caught buying before you commit the crime. That would be ok too.

You have examples?

I know that about mental health. Good luck getting republicans to do anything. Did you see the health care debate?

I think gang bangers will use what they can easily get. If buying a gun illegally you can't afford to be too picky or you might get caught buying before you commit the crime. That would be ok too.

Considering the number of weapons in the hands of convicted felons who are gangbangers, it is not particularly difficult for those groups to arm themselves.

What is pitiful is that you apparently cannot read. I do not own a single firearm that uses a high capacity magazine. I have stated this several times. I am simply arguing that the magazine capacity is not the issue. You wantto blame the magazine for the actions of a criminal. And you apparently think that the criminals will follow the laws.

I don't care what you say you own or don't own.Why would I?

But you are a major advocate of being able to purchase hi cap magazines for a personal arsenal.

Or are you gonna deny that you advocate hi cap purchase ability?

And your entire being is centered on gun ownership. Hi cap magazines are used by gang bangers cause they can get their hands on them. Thanks to people like you and the gun manufactures.

But you aren't fighting gangbangers. YOU are looking to self protect. And you ain't got study ONE that says you need 19 shots to self protect. Not one study supports this supposed NEED.

This WANT to buy hi cap mags is the gun nutters fantasy. I might get in a shoot out with a gang banger and, seeing as how I can't hit shit when the fight is on, I need to just fire away and maybe get lucky and hit what I was shooting at. Maybe.

But you are a major advocate of being able to purchase hi cap magazines for a personal arsenal.

And your entire being is centered on gun ownership. Hi cap magazines are used by gang bangers cause they can get their hands on them. Thanks to people like you and the gun manufactures.

But you aren't fighting gangbangers. YOU are looking to self protect. And you ain't got study ONE that says you need 19 shots to self protect. Not one study supports this supposed NEED.

This WANT to buy hi cap mags is the gun nutters fantasy. I might get in a shoot out with a gang banger and, seeing as how I can't hit shit when the fight is on, I need to just fire away and maybe get lucky and hit what I was shooting at. Maybe.

What I advocate is to focus on the problem, not on trivial details. The capacity of the magazine is not the issue.

Why is it fine to have criminals with 10 rounds, but when they have 15 in the gun it is such a terror? The problem is the criminal, not the magazine.

Like a armed robber needs to shoot you 17 times.

Cops and gang bangers use hi cap mags. Cops cause they can and gang bangers cause hi cap mags make for a good terror weapon.

But normal gun carrying citizens. No, They don't need them and they are not going to get in a shoot out and worry about having to reload. And you don't have one study to back you up that it was only because of hi cap magazines that stopped a crime..

That's as bullshit an idea as the claim that 2.5 million crimes are stopped each year by DGU.

What I advocate is to focus on the problem, not on trivial details. The capacity of the magazine is not the issue.

Why is it fine to have criminals with 10 rounds, but when they have 15 in the gun it is such a terror? The problem is the criminal, not the magazine.

Is that what you've been doing with Joe? Focusing on the idea that gun sales people are going to jail?
How many posts have you been focused on that "trivial detail"? Hell that's not even a trivial detail you/ve been focused on, that's Joe's fantasy. But don't let that stop you form another 50 posts on something that will never ever in this wide world happen.

And no. the problem is the AVAILABILITY of those magazines.

And for all your "focus" the best I have seen you come up with was to jail a person who committed a gun crime for the rest of their lives. WOW, did you have to think for years to come up with that idea? To bad you didn't figure out how to pay for all the jailing. Maybe the jail costs should be passed on to the NRA. Or gun manufactures?

Or you just want the non shooting public to pay for all that jail time? Focus on the idea of paying for what you want.

Is that what you've been doing with Joe? Focusing on the idea that gun sales people are going to jail?
How many posts have you been focused on that "trivial detail"? Hell that's not even a trivial detail you/ve been focused on, that's Joe's fantasy. But don't let that stop you form another 50 posts on something that will never ever in this wide world happen.

And no. the problem is the AVAILABILITY of those magazines.

And for all your "focus" the best I have seen you come up with was to jail a person who committed a gun crime for the rest of their lives. WOW, did you have to think for years to come up with that idea? To bad you didn't figure out how to pay for all the jailing. Maybe the jail costs should be passed on to the NRA. Or gun manufactures?

Or you just want the non shooting public to pay for all that jail time? Focus on the idea of paying for what you want.

Wow, you have some serious anger issues to go along with your inability to comprehend what is writtem in a post.

Yes, I advocate keeping violent felons locked up. And, as I said in that same post, I advocate release nonviolent drug offenders (especially those busted for pot).

Yes, I have argued with JoeyB. It is entertaining.

And yes, I have gone off on tangents in many threads. But none of that makes magazine capacity the issue here. Nor does it back up the venom and personal attacks you seem thrilled to post.

But none of that is new.

Forum List

Back