Man opens fire on police

Helps make him more dangerous. Lots of examples of hi cap magazines used for evil, but never good.

How does it make him more dangerous? I can see the situations like when Senator Giffords was shot. The shooter botched the reload and was tackled by bystanders. So the thinking is if the shooter has to reload more often it increases the chance someone can grab him. I saw nothing that says anyone was within range of grabbing the rifle.

He can keep shooting without worry of needing to reload. Not going to have someone in his sights and pull the trigger to find he's empty.

So high cap mags are super magical limitless ammunition reservoirs?

Nope but why not make criminals reload often? Defenses in the vast majority are only 2 shots. Criminals like this guy and mass shooters however like to empty the magazine.

Because I don't feel like putting citizens at a disadvantage over criminals, who will not follow said mag limits.

If this is such a great idea why not restrict cops on how many rounds per mag?

Moments ago you talked about how fast an experienced shooter can reload. Now it's some disadvantage? Seems you aren't very honest.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

has all the time in the world to swap mags

Giffords shooting was not in gun free zone. Shooter was stopped by unarmed people when he tried to reload.

Yep, when he bungled the reload. But those people were very close to the shooter. A situation not likely to happen with a rifle shooter.

But with rifle he might pull the trigger to find he's empty allowing someone to get away.

Looks like someone has a case of "mabye-coulda-mighta-itis.

Sounds like you want criminals to be as well armed as possible.

Sounds like he wants to be as well armed as the criminals. And you have already stated that they carry hi-cap magazines. Why do you want law abiding citizens at a disadvantage?

How does it make him more dangerous? I can see the situations like when Senator Giffords was shot. The shooter botched the reload and was tackled by bystanders. So the thinking is if the shooter has to reload more often it increases the chance someone can grab him. I saw nothing that says anyone was within range of grabbing the rifle.

He can keep shooting without worry of needing to reload. Not going to have someone in his sights and pull the trigger to find he's empty.

Nope but why not make criminals reload often? Defenses in the vast majority are only 2 shots. Criminals like this guy and mass shooters however like to empty the magazine.

Because I don't feel like putting citizens at a disadvantage over criminals, who will not follow said mag limits.

Moments ago you talked about how fast an experienced shooter can reload. Now it's some disadvantage? Seems you aren't very honest.

He did not say that a hi-cap magazine is a disadvantage.

It takes an experienced shooter a couple of seconds to swap out a mag.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

Giffords shooting was not in gun free zone. Shooter was stopped by unarmed people when he tried to reload.

first i said "often" secondly "gun free zone"

Hi cap magazines are often used by criminals. Never needed for defense.

How nice of you to know (for sure) what anyone will need in the future.

As I said, I don't own many semiautos, and the only defensive semiauto firearm holds only 8 rounds. But I do not decide for anyone else. And I do not think lower capacity magazines will do any good.

Why is it shooting 10 people is ok, but shooting 15 is bad?

I know for sure that criminals have and will continue to use them way more than the good guys.

Not everyone is an experienced shooter/reloader. For some woman fighting off an attacker, why should she not have the safety of 17+1 in a handgun? Why should she have to fumble around after firing off 7+1?

What should happen is a law abiding citizen should be able to buy the firearm they are comfortable with, with a mag capacity THEY feel is adequate.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

As I said, I don't own many semiautos, and the only defensive semiauto firearm holds only 8 rounds. But I do not decide for anyone else. And I do not think lower capacity magazines will do any good.

I know for sure that criminals have and will continue to use them way more than the good guys.

Criminals use the 4th amendment and 7th amendment FAR more than ordinary citizens do, should we get rid of that one as well?

First he said capacity doesn't matter cause you can reload so fast. Now he claims it is a disadvantage. He's not being honest cause they both can't be true.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

So you want an inexperienced citizen to be at a disadvantage, in the off chance that it might lower the number (not eliminate) of people killed in the rare mass shooting? Okey dokey.

Not everyone is an experienced shooter/reloader. For some woman fighting off an attacker, why should she not have the safety of 17+1 in a handgun? Why should she have to fumble around after firing off 7+1?

What should happen is a law abiding citizen should be able to buy the firearm they are comfortable with, with a mag capacity THEY feel is adequate.

I've never seen an example of someone having that problem. Long list of mass shooters though.

So you want an inexperienced citizen to be at a disadvantage, in the off chance that it might lower the number (not eliminate) of people killed in the rare mass shooting? Okey dokey.

Gang bangers hit people with strays emptying hi cap magazines. Not just mass shooters.

First he said capacity doesn't matter cause you can reload so fast. Now he claims it is a disadvantage. He's not being honest cause they both can't be true.

Yes, they can both be true. I would be willing to bet that I can reload my M1911 very fast. But I have been shooting it for a long time, and I shoot as a hobby. Someone who does not have the experience or who does not practice will not be as fast or as sure.

I've never seen an example of someone having that problem. Long list of mass shooters though.

Of course you wouldn't, it doesn't fit the narrative. In any event cases like that would be local, most often domestic violence cases.

Also an inexperienced shooter firing 18 times is endangering everyone around.

You have never seen an example of that? How many law abiding citizens have you seen buying a firearm? I would wager it is a pretty small number.

As for mass shooters, if you would push for mental health professionals to report their patients to the NICS database you would have a much better effect on these very uncommon events.

Gang bangers hit people with strays emptying hi cap magazines. Not just mass shooters.

So all the bullets before your magical "mag limit" don't count? they are fake bullets?

Yes, they can both be true. I would be willing to bet that I can reload my M1911 very fast. But I have been shooting it for a long time, and I shoot as a hobby. Someone who does not have the experience or who does not practice will not be as fast or as sure.

Defenders don't and shouldn't use that many shots. Mass shooters and gang bangers do.

With the 1st round, the 5th round or the 12th round?

They are certainly endangering the criminal attacking them. That is who is responsible for the shooting.

Police officers can endanger people as well.

NYPD 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire Fox News

Defenders don't and shouldn't use that many shots. Mass shooters and gang bangers do.

How nice that you, in your infinite wisdom, know how many rounds it should take to defend yourself.

Forum List

Back