Man opens fire on police

Giffords shooting was not in gun free zone. Shooter was stopped by unarmed people when he tried to reload.

You don't have proof of that and we discussed this...the Safeway stores have indiviual policies on carrrying in their stores...you would have to show that this safeway store allowed carry in their stores...other wise, a lot of people going to safeway would either leave their guns at home, or lock them in their cars before going in....something that would need to be clarified...and with a political event in the parking lot some may have left their guns at home....

Do a search. Everyone says it wasn't.

What the anti-gun nuts seem to forget is that the tool is not what is dangerous.

If I am a law abiding citizen, whether I have a gun that will hold 6 rounds or 100, you are not in danger.
If I am a criminal, whether you make the high capacity magazines illegal or not, I will still have them and use them.

A criminal with an m16 is more dangerous than one with a derringer.

I disagree. A high capacity derringer is much more dangerous.

Show me examples that needed hi cap mags.

All of them...why...because no one knows how many rounds it will take to end a violent encounter before the encounter starts....

Hi cap magazines are often used by criminals. Never needed for defense.

Sorry, you have no evidence of this...most shootings use few rounds but not all...and it isn't your right to limit another persons life saving options...especially when they are protected under the Bill of Rights...

They are costing way more lives than saving. You have example of a save yet?

Yes why would you want to slow down a criminals shooting. Silly me.

It takes an experienced shooter a couple of seconds to swap out a mag.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

has all the time in the world to swap mags

Giffords shooting was not in gun free zone. Shooter was stopped by unarmed people when he tried to reload.

Yep, when he bungled the reload. But those people were very close to the shooter. A situation not likely to happen with a rifle shooter.

But with rifle he might pull the trigger to find he's empty allowing someone to get away.

How does the person being shot at know whether the shooter is pausing or reloading? If the target is gun savvy and gets a look at the weapon and has the wherewithal to count shots would be the only way. Not to many people are going to be able to do that.
So the idea that you can jump a guy during reload is hogwash in most cases.

I have an average of 1.4 million times lives are saved and crimes are stopped by armed citizens...and each one should have the amount of ammo they need to survive...

Yes why would you want to slow down a criminals shooting. Silly me.

It takes an experienced shooter a couple of seconds to swap out a mag.

in gun free zones

the shooter often times

has all the time in the world to swap mags

first i said "often" secondly "gun free zone"

Bullshit..

Sorry, you have no evidence of this...most shootings use few rounds but not all...and it isn't your right to limit another persons life saving options...especially when they are protected under the Bill of Rights...

Aaaaand more bullshit.

He did not say that a hi-cap magazine is a disadvantage.

First he said capacity doesn't matter cause you can reload so fast. Now he claims it is a disadvantage. He's not being honest cause they both can't be true.

Yes, they can both be true. I would be willing to bet that I can reload my M1911 very fast. But I have been shooting it for a long time, and I shoot as a hobby. Someone who does not have the experience or who does not practice will not be as fast or as sure.

Defenders don't and shouldn't use that many shots. Mass shooters and gang bangers do.

How nice that you, in your infinite wisdom, know how many rounds it should take to defend yourself.

There are studies.

Post em up..or shut up.

Like a armed robber needs to shoot you 17 times.

Cops and gang bangers use hi cap mags. Cops cause they can and gang bangers cause hi cap mags make for a good terror weapon.

But normal gun carrying citizens. No, They don't need them and they are not going to get in a shoot out and worry about having to reload. And you don't have one study to back you up that it was only because of hi cap magazines that stopped a crime..

That's as bullshit an idea as the claim that 2.5 million crimes are stopped each year by DGU.

What about the women in Georgia who shot her assailant six times emptying her revolver only to have the guy get in his car and drive away?

Hmmm...what was the rifle...it is always suspicious when they don't name the rifle....because if it is an AR-15 they get that out right away...it could very easily have been a regular hunting rifle...when you are getting shot at it is sometimes hard to tell what kind of rifle is doing the shooting...

In fact, it could have been a bolt action rifle...

And there are examples of shooters stopped at reload. So you are wrong.

And there are lots of examples of shooters stopped by armed citizens shooting them...so I guess you are wrong...

I don't need an example, I have the 2nd amendment, Same as I don't need a government approved reason to call you a insipid idiot, i have the 1st amendment.

What the anti-gun nuts seem to forget is that the tool is not what is dangerous.

If I am a law abiding citizen, whether I have a gun that will hold 6 rounds or 100, you are not in danger.
If I am a criminal, whether you make the high capacity magazines illegal or not, I will still have them and use them.

A criminal with an m16 is more dangerous than one with a derringer.

So how exactly did this criminal get his hand on a fully automatic rifle?
Those things are rare as hens teeth.

In the situation discussed in the OP, where shots are being fired at cops and not at close range.

Which is more dangerous, a snub-nosed .357 revolver that holds 6 rounds or a scoped hunting rifle that holds 4 rounds?

A hunting rifle that holds 25 rounds.

Not fond of actually answering the question you are asked, are you? But you certainly don't mind asking them.

Do you disagree that is the most dangerous weapon in scenario?

Actually the concealed weapon is more of a danger.

Cops and gang bangers use hi cap mags. Cops cause they can and gang bangers cause hi cap mags make for a good terror weapon.

But normal gun carrying citizens. No, They don't need them and they are not going to get in a shoot out and worry about having to reload. And you don't have one study to back you up that it was only because of hi cap magazines that stopped a crime..

That's as bullshit an idea as the claim that 2.5 million crimes are stopped each year by DGU.

What about the women in Georgia who shot her assailant six times emptying her revolver only to have the guy get in his car and drive away?
Very successful defense. You wanted her to kill him or defend herself?

And there are examples of shooters stopped at reload. So you are wrong.

And there are lots of examples of shooters stopped by armed citizens shooting them...so I guess you are wrong...

I don't need an example, I have the 2nd amendment, Same as I don't need a government approved reason to call you a insipid idiot, i have the 1st amendment.

You have nothing. How shocking.

Very successful defense. You wanted her to kill him or defend herself?

We want her not to die or get hurt. A dead perp is a nice end result, but not required. What we worry about is those 6 shots not forcing him to retreat.

Forum List

Back