Man Sends Wife Spreadsheet Of All Her Excuses Not To Have Sex

There are also some men who are the antithesis of the feminist. What do we call them? Chauvinists? :lol:

That is the polite term. Personally, I think asshole works better.

These are the same men who think all feminists are frigid man-haters. And any woman who turns down their bumbling sexual advances are lesbians.

Oh, and any woman who thinks for herself and doesn't act the way they think she should act is a frigid, lesbian, feminist.

Oh man! We have to come up with a creative name! How about a manimist? :D

Misogynist is already taken.

How about femlessnist? Since they seem to think women shouldn't be a part of the "real" world?

kinda obvious....

What's obvious about a bunch of weirdos pretending to be mages?

The SCA is mainly known for their melees. They have medievel battles (using non edged weapons, of course). I have had a few friends who were into it. While the battles may be nonlethal, they do beat the hell out of each other.

There are several "kingdoms" in the US. I hope they still do it, but many years ago they would have a huge gathering and melee, involving all the kingdoms. The loser had to take Pittsburgh into their kingdom. :)

ROFL! Yeah, that sounds like Pennsic.

For the record, the Society for Creative Anachronism is a non-profit educational and recreational living history group, dedicated to research and re-creation of the Middle Ages. It exists all over the world, including people of all walks of life.

Pennsic War is a two-week-long event in Pennsylvania, and is the largest medieval recreation event in the world. People from all over the world travel to Pennsylvania to attend. As with most SCA events, the gathering centers around "hardsuit" combat, fighters in metal and leather plate armor battling in a variety of scenarios - melee, storm-the-castle, etc. - with rattan practice swords and other non-lethal medieval weapons. The other activities during SCA gatherings include archery competitions, rapier tournaments, arts and sciences contests, and classes. Some gatherings include jousting and other equestrian events, depending on the kingdom hosting the event and the available facilities.

The people who join the SCA tend to be intelligent and well-educated, if more geeky than the average population. Although the second focus of SCA gatherings is the partying in the evening, it is an intensely family-oriented atmosphere, and very popular with parents looking for a positive recreational environment for their children to grow up in. There are worse things than raising your children to respect the rules of chivalry.

No, the SCA does not include mages, elves, or other fantasy elements.

I assume daws thinks I should somehow be embarrassed or ashamed of my recreational pursuits. Can't imagine why. I've seen people do a lot sillier things, for a lot less positive return, in the name of entertainment. We have fun, we make good friendships that often turn into useful real-world networking (I know several people who got jobs because of a recommendation from an SCA buddy), and we're all better-educated and more resourceful than we were when we started. I can cook a five-course meal for an entire household over a campfire, sew my own clothing, brew my own alcohol, and build basic wooden furniture without power tools. How about you guys?

In the other thread about the woman complaining, she used a Magic Wand. They plug in, so batteries are not an issue, and full power is always available.

Just thought I'd throw that in too. One rarely gets the chance to give such tips. lol

I have no desire to bring anything in contact with my private parts that's plugged into a wall outlet. Just . . . no.

So...no violet wand, then? :eek:

*runs*

(Seriously: just THINKING about that one makes me cringe.)

Most violet wands I've seen were battery-powered, actually. I prefer tens units and tzappers, myself. Violet wands are a little more electricity than I care for.

The SCA is mainly known for their melees. They have medievel battles (using non edged weapons, of course). I have had a few friends who were into it. While the battles may be nonlethal, they do beat the hell out of each other.

There are several "kingdoms" in the US. I hope they still do it, but many years ago they would have a huge gathering and melee, involving all the kingdoms. The loser had to take Pittsburgh into their kingdom. :)

Yes: the "Penssic War" in Slippery Rock, PA. It's going on right now, in fact!

It's freaking tough to schedule a medieval war in the US, FYI. You need a place and time that won't be too hot in the daytime, or too cold in the nights. Fighters get incredibly overheated and sweaty in armor all day, but no one wants to freeze to death in their tents at night.

Most camping events in my area take place in winter, and/or in the mountains. And we all own a lot of wool cloaks.

These are the same men who think all feminists are frigid man-haters. And any woman who turns down their bumbling sexual advances are lesbians.

Oh, and any woman who thinks for herself and doesn't act the way they think she should act is a frigid, lesbian, feminist.

Oh man! We have to come up with a creative name! How about a manimist? :D

Misogynist is already taken.

How about femlessnist? Since they seem to think women shouldn't be a part of the "real" world?

That's good. What about Manimal? :lol:

For the record, the Society for Creative Anachronism is a non-profit educational and recreational living history group, dedicated to research and re-creation of the Middle Ages. It exists all over the world, including people of all walks of life.

Pennsic War is a two-week-long event in Pennsylvania, and is the largest medieval recreation event in the world. People from all over the world travel to Pennsylvania to attend. As with most SCA events, the gathering centers around "hardsuit" combat, fighters in metal and leather plate armor battling in a variety of scenarios - melee, storm-the-castle, etc. - with rattan practice swords and other non-lethal medieval weapons. The other activities during SCA gatherings include archery competitions, rapier tournaments, arts and sciences contests, and classes. Some gatherings include jousting and other equestrian events, depending on the kingdom hosting the event and the available facilities.

The people who join the SCA tend to be intelligent and well-educated, if more geeky than the average population. Although the second focus of SCA gatherings is the partying in the evening, it is an intensely family-oriented atmosphere, and very popular with parents looking for a positive recreational environment for their children to grow up in. There are worse things than raising your children to respect the rules of chivalry.

I assume daws thinks I should somehow be embarrassed or ashamed of my recreational pursuits. Can't imagine why. I've seen people do a lot sillier things, for a lot less positive return, in the name of entertainment. We have fun, we make good friendships that often turn into useful real-world networking (I know several people who got jobs because of a recommendation from an SCA buddy), and we're all better-educated and more resourceful than we were when we started. I can cook a five-course meal for an entire household over a campfire, sew my own clothing, brew my own alcohol, and build basic wooden furniture without power tools. How about you guys?

MEAD!!

I have an ex that is (or was) involved in the SCA pretty heavily. Great fun. She was in Markham? In the PA/MD area.

MEAD!!

I have an ex that is (or was) involved in the SCA pretty heavily. Great fun. She was in Markham? In the PA/MD area.

I would love to go to the events in the PA area, particularly Pennsic, but since I live in Arizona, I really can't afford such a trip. Someday.

The second-largest medieval recreation event in the world is Estrella War, held by my kingdom over Presidents' Day weekend every year, currently in Queen Creek, AZ. It was held for decades in Estrella Park in Phoenix (hence the name), but acquired so many attendees that it no longer fit there.

Next February at Estrella, the barony in Tucson, Tyr Ysgithr (translated: land of the wild pig, so named for the javelinas that live in the Tucson area), has been challenged by the barony in Flagstaff to a contest of siege engine-building. My eighteen-year-old is a member of the team designing and constructing the weapons, because he has a flair for 3D spatial relations. He's learning a lot about basic engineering from the real-life engineers who make up the backbone of the team.

What does everyone else on the board do for their vacations? :D

This thread has run thru it all. From a discussion of male & female roles in marriage to sexual behavior, to communication, to sex toys and then to SCA events.

Oh, and names for males who hate feminists. lol

I agree. The militants are extremists and are certainly not common.

There are also some men who are the antithesis of the feminist. What do we call them? Chauvinists? :lol:

Lol. That is a lot of frigid lesbian feminists.

Nah, more like a handful of frigid lesbian feminists and a lot of women who don't suffer fools.

Nah, more like a handful of frigid lesbian feminists and a lot of women who don't suffer fools.

Just like Mr. T, we pity the fools. :lol:

It's freaking tough to schedule a medieval war in the US, FYI. You need a place and time that won't be too hot in the daytime, or too cold in the nights. Fighters get incredibly overheated and sweaty in armor all day, but no one wants to freeze to death in their tents at night.

Most camping events in my area take place in winter, and/or in the mountains. And we all own a lot of wool cloaks.

Don't see the big deal about cool nights...then again, I'm the dude riding a motorcycle in an unlined mesh jacket at 60 degrees.

MEAD!!

I would love to go to the events in the PA area, particularly Pennsic, but since I live in Arizona, I really can't afford such a trip. Someday.

The second-largest medieval recreation event in the world is Estrella War, held by my kingdom over Presidents' Day weekend every year, currently in Queen Creek, AZ. It was held for decades in Estrella Park in Phoenix (hence the name), but acquired so many attendees that it no longer fit there.

Next February at Estrella, the barony in Tucson, Tyr Ysgithr (translated: land of the wild pig, so named for the javelinas that live in the Tucson area), has been challenged by the barony in Flagstaff to a contest of siege engine-building. My eighteen-year-old is a member of the team designing and constructing the weapons, because he has a flair for 3D spatial relations. He's learning a lot about basic engineering from the real-life engineers who make up the backbone of the team.

Nice. :)

What does everyone else on the board do for their vacations? :D

This past year (March), I went to Gary-con 6 in Wisconsin. In the past, I ran 5 Hot Rod Power Tours. I'm taking a week in 2 weeks...motorcycle training day, and LOTS of riding. :)

Don't see the big deal about cool nights...then again, I'm the dude riding a motorcycle in an unlined mesh jacket at 60 degrees.

I'm a desert dweller, and have been my entire life. I have a great deal of tolerance for 100+ degree heat, but very little for being cold.

Fortunately, enough mead and the right company in your tent makes all the difference. ;)

Forum List

Back