Man sentenced to 20 days in jail for pulling a gun on a pregnant woman smoking

I get why the guy is in jail, but I also get why he did what he did. Those who smoke while pregnant need something done to them because not only are they putting their own life in danger, they are dragging the life of an innocent child into their mess too and to me, that is wrong too!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you are not willing to give up the cigarettes for your kids, don't have kids period then.

If you've never smoked, and gotten addicted to it, you don't need to comment. It pisses me off, because I know that smoking is bad for you health, but when I started smoking I didn't really know this. It's now compared to being addicted to cocaine. I know it is...I've tried everything to quit. People who have never gone through this have no idea what they're talking about. Some people are able to quit easily.....others (like me) have a hard addiction and need more help than we can afford to get. Back in 1971 when I had my first child, I smoked, I drank, may not have been good, but he's now 42 yrs old and doesn't smoke, and is a certified electrician. So what do you want have done to me because of this?

Hey, I think anyone that can give up cigs and alcohol during pregnancies should, can't hurt and might help. Drink like a fish and your child will pay the price.

Truth is with cigs, not so clear cut. Even less than if you have more than 3 alcohol drinks per day, evidence of which is still sketchy, at best.

Many women smoking and drinking during pregancies in US is sketchy to say the least but from 1945-1965 both were quite prevalent. Shockingly, (maybe not), not a huge perceived uptick in problems for children born to these mothers.

Nevertheless, with commonsense and the surgeons generals, why give anyone an opportunity to blame your behavior for your problem child. Plenty of reasons to drink will follow their birth. ;)

I get why the guy is in jail, but I also get why he did what he did. Those who smoke while pregnant need something done to them because not only are they putting their own life in danger, they are dragging the life of an innocent child into their mess too and to me, that is wrong too!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you are not willing to give up the cigarettes for your kids, don't have kids period then.

I smoke. I didn't when I was preggers many moons ago. Didn't eat eggs either cuz they made me sick. Craved oodles of black olives though.
Anywho, I get why he did it but he could have just vented on his opinion instead of being a doofus and pulling a gun. The woman is an idiot and doesn't give a shit about her unborn baby. However, it's still her body so it's none of anyone's business what she does. Baby or not.

I'd rather he pulled a gun on some crack ho smoking her pipe or slamming a needle in her arm....all while being preggers. That's worse, in my opinion.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I smoke. I didn't when I was preggers many moons ago. Didn't eat eggs either cuz they made me sick. Craved oodles of black olives though.
Anywho, I get why he did it but he could have just vented on his opinion instead of being a doofus and pulling a gun. The woman is an idiot and doesn't give a shit about her unborn baby. However, it's still her body so it's none of anyone's business what she does. Baby or not.

I'd rather he pulled a gun on some crack ho smoking her pipe or slamming a needle in her arm....all while being preggers. That's worse, in my opinion.

Really, crack worse than tobacco? Could that be?

So, crack mama's should be facing guns? That's the answer?

folks, cigarettes and crack aren't close to equitable regarding fetal development. Get a grip. With that said, pulling a gun on crack or heroin addicts aren't going to save the fetus.

If you get pregnant and want to deliver a healthy baby, you should not be smoking. That woman is a stupid cow who doesn't deserve to be a mother. I wonder if her baby was born early, and underweight?

It's her body, she can choose what to do with it.

As usual people focusing on crap that is irrelevant. This has nothing to do with smoking or pregnancy. The moron pulled a gun on a public sidewalk.

This is a direct result of liberalism. Too bad she didn't have a gun and just shot him. It's why it is so important that everyone be armed at all times.

Liberals are natural subjects of dictatorship and each one is an enforcer of the dictatorship. Had she been smoking marijuana, the man would have said she was being a good mother.

I can't even tell if this is satire or not. :dunno:

after she refused to stop smoking. Talk about a self righteous cuntbag nicotine nazi. I'm sure the bullet would be healthier than the cigarette? I guess this is bound to happen when it is government policy to shame and disgrace people from conducting legal activities.

Armed man gets 20 days for threatening pregnant smoker | Crime | The Bellingham Herald

Typical for the idiot rw gun nutters to think they have that right.

Stevie Girl, you're crazier than an outhouse rat.

It is not typical you fool. There is nothing "typical" about anyone aiming a gun at a girl who is preggers.

Nothing typical and nothing sensible, no question.

It does present an interesting dilemma though for those who constantly obsess about gummint stepping in to "protect the life of the unborn".

Just sayin'.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If you've never smoked, and gotten addicted to it, you don't need to comment. It pisses me off, because I know that smoking is bad for you health, but when I started smoking I didn't really know this. It's now compared to being addicted to cocaine. I know it is...I've tried everything to quit. People who have never gone through this have no idea what they're talking about. Some people are able to quit easily.....others (like me) have a hard addiction and need more help than we can afford to get. Back in 1971 when I had my first child, I smoked, I drank, may not have been good, but he's now 42 yrs old and doesn't smoke, and is a certified electrician. So what do you want have done to me because of this?

You can quit, I know you can. My parents smoked for many years until one time, the taxes on the smokes were raised so high, they decided not to pay them anymore and quit. My mother quit smoking 13 years before she got lung cancer. My father and all my siblings have quit. Unfortunately for me, it was too late for me. I may have lung cancer. I have a spot on my lungs which they are watching and I have pulmonary problems. I can't even go up into the mountains anymore because I can't breath up there, and I'm the one who never smoked. Now do you really want to continue to harm your child that way? Your grandchildren? What do I want have done to you? I want you to quit smoking so you won't harm the people around you further. I want you to quit smoking so your son won't have to go through the grief of watching you die like my siblings and I did of my mother and our aunts. I want you to quit smoking for those who love you. Forget about yourself for a change and think about them. I know addictions hard, I'm addicted to food and there is no cold turkey for that. Food is necessary for survival. At the very least, when you do smoke, do so outside and not near anyone who doesn't smoke. For a long time my parents didn't understand why I would bring my children and stay in their home overnight but the smell was just so bad. After they quit, they were surprised how many times we all visited them. It was much more pleasant after they quit.

What a travesty of justice!

This self appointed guardian of political correctness should have been charged and convicted of a much more serious crime which carries a substantial penalty.
No doubt the light sentence will and should be appealed.

Had the woman been sufficiently traumatized, no doubt she could also have suffered a miscarriage and the gun taunting idiot could possibly have been charged with manslaughter.

Okay, so we're back to unborn children being people again? So abortion should be outlawed, right?

I'm so confused. Is the child a child or a fetus? How can it be a child only if the mother wants it and just a fetus if she doesn't?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Hey, I think anyone that can give up cigs and alcohol during pregnancies should, can't hurt and might help. Drink like a fish and your child will pay the price.

Truth is with cigs, not so clear cut. Even less than if you have more than 3 alcohol drinks per day, evidence of which is still sketchy, at best.

Many women smoking and drinking during pregancies in US is sketchy to say the least but from 1945-1965 both were quite prevalent. Shockingly, (maybe not), not a huge perceived uptick in problems for children born to these mothers.

Nevertheless, with commonsense and the surgeons generals, why give anyone an opportunity to blame your behavior for your problem child. Plenty of reasons to drink will follow their birth. ;)

My mother smoked and drank while she was pregnant with all 5 of us. My little brother is already gone. Maybe it got worse with each pregnancy? My kids and my little brother's daughter have autism. Could my parents smoking and drinking have contributed to that? Interesting question. Could explain why more kids have autism today if it skips a generation. Could mean that the next generation will be more normal. I hope and pray that's true. I don't think our society can stand having 1 out of 100 people with autism and those numbers get worse every year. Just a thought, not even a theory but a study would be interesting.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

folks, cigarettes and crack aren't close to equitable regarding fetal development. Get a grip. With that said, pulling a gun on crack or heroin addicts aren't going to save the fetus.

IMO, if a woman who is addicted to a substance wants the child, I have no problem jailing her until the child is born. It's better for the kid. If she doesn't want the kid, just abort it and be done with it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You're right, the guy was out of line, still, being me, I can understand why he did it. After my mother died, I saw the usual smokers outside of work and I just let off steam and told them about my mother's death and how they should quit if not for themselves, then for their loved ones.

<Any English majors out there? I forgotten, should that be then or than?>

20 days? That nutbag should be doing 20 years.

Why? He didn't shoot her. Apparently you've never lost anyone to lung cancer, or suffered from 2nd hand smoke. If I was that guy and I had a gun, I would have been tempted to draw it on her in an attempt to scare her into quitting. Don't know if I would or not but somebody needs to do something in cases like these. Long time ago I read a sign which said "I used to see things and think "somebody ought to do something" then I realized I was somebody!"

after she refused to stop smoking. Talk about a self righteous cuntbag nicotine nazi. I'm sure the bullet would be healthier than the cigarette? I guess this is bound to happen when it is government policy to shame and disgrace people from conducting legal activities.

Armed man gets 20 days for threatening pregnant smoker | Crime | The Bellingham Herald

The man would had gotten five years had the woman not been smoking.

And he ought to have gotten five years for it, too, anyway.

But ya know what the guy really needs is a serious psychiatric evaluation and a long rest in the funny farm.

Control freaking lunatics like him need to be locked up.

This guy is a perfect example of why ordinary citizens should not have guns. It is completely insane to pull a gun on and threaten someone with it because they are smoking and you want them to stop. This guy should have his gun and his gun permits taken away from him. It's just crazy he is allowed to walk around with a loaded gun, to possess a gun at all.

What on earth are you babbling about?

Did you even bother to read or comprehend the article you cited?

Prosecutors dropped a charge of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon in a plea bargain. Instead, Palmer pleaded guilty to felony harassment Thursday, Aug. 8.

That the woman was pregnant and smoking in no way justified his assaulting/harassing her. And the arrest was completely warranted and legal.

Forum List

Back