Man sentenced to 20 days in jail for pulling a gun on a pregnant woman smoking

If you get pregnant and want to deliver a healthy baby, you should not be smoking. That woman is a stupid cow who doesn't deserve to be a mother. I wonder if her baby was born early, and underweight?

It's her body, she can choose what to do with it.

At the moment her body is sustaining another life. If she doesn't want that life, she can abort, if she does, she should do everything in her power to protect that life, not poison it before it's born.

This is a direct result of liberalism. Too bad she didn't have a gun and just shot him. It's why it is so important that everyone be armed at all times.

Liberals are natural subjects of dictatorship and each one is an enforcer of the dictatorship. Had she been smoking marijuana, the man would have said she was being a good mother.

This post is a direct result of insanity.

The man would had gotten five years had the woman not been smoking.

And he ought to have gotten five years for it, too, anyway.

But ya know what the guy really needs is a serious psychiatric evaluation and a long rest in the funny farm.

Control freaking lunatics like him need to be locked up.

This guy is a perfect example of why ordinary citizens should not have guns. It is completely insane to pull a gun on and threaten someone with it because they are smoking and you want them to stop. This guy should have his gun and his gun permits taken away from him. It's just crazy he is allowed to walk around with a loaded gun, to possess a gun at all.

I can agree to having his gun taken away. I can't agree to 20 years in jail.

If you get pregnant and want to deliver a healthy baby, you should not be smoking. That woman is a stupid cow who doesn't deserve to be a mother. I wonder if her baby was born early, and underweight?

At the moment her body is sustaining another life. If she doesn't want that life, she can abort, if she does, she should do everything in her power to protect that life, not poison it before it's born.

She can cut it to pieces...

but if she DARES to smoke a ciggy...imprisonment!!! And probably..forced abortion.

Sounds perfectly sane. If you're a Nazi.

impression.php

Last edited:

Yes, she should be taking care of herself, but it is not up to someone else, in a free society, to threaten her with a gun because she doesn't. BTW, I think we've gone a little over board as far as the not smoking, not drinking thing for pregnant women. It is not as if they are treating the unborn fetus so badly it can be compared in any way to abortion. Maybe people who were born 40 or more years ago don't realize or remember, but many women before that time smoked and drank throughout their pregnancies: I don't mean alocoholic type drinking, but social drinking. My mother drank coffee and smoked throughout her pregnancies. She probably had an alcoholic drink a few times too; my parents only drank for specific occasions. It was not realized in those days the type of harm smoking and caffiene could do to the fetus, and babies were smaller, for one thing. But we all turned out pretty well, so smoking while pregnant is not in the same ballpark as abortion, though, I agree it isn't good and I wouldn't do it. But you don't threaten someone with a gun because they are doing it.

but if she DARES to smoke a ciggy...imprisonment!!! And probably..forced abortion.

impression.php

Actually, the imprisonment would be to make sure she didn't smoke while pregnant and damage the child. If she's imprisoned, not need for the abortion. She needs to make up her mind if she wants the child or not and if she does, she needs to do everything she can to give that child his/her best chance. Smoking while pregnant is the opposite of that.

I get why the guy is in jail, but I also get why he did what he did. Those who smoke while pregnant need something done to them because not only are they putting their own life in danger, they are dragging the life of an innocent child into their mess too and to me, that is wrong too!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you are not willing to give up the cigarettes for your kids, don't have kids period then.

If you've never smoked, and gotten addicted to it, you don't need to comment. It pisses me off, because I know that smoking is bad for you health, but when I started smoking I didn't really know this. It's now compared to being addicted to cocaine. I know it is...I've tried everything to quit. People who have never gone through this have no idea what they're talking about. Some people are able to quit easily.....others (like me) have a hard addiction and need more help than we can afford to get. Back in 1971 when I had my first child, I smoked, I drank, may not have been good, but he's now 42 yrs old and doesn't smoke, and is a certified electrician. So what do you want have done to me because of this?

Nothing.
However, if your son has any illness of the lung, you are responsible because you chose your selfish addiction over his well being.
You made the informed choice.
Quitting smoking is easy.

Don't forget never BBQ, fry meat inside or use hairspray near the lil darling.

I'm surprised a crowd didn't form and stone her!

after she refused to stop smoking. Talk about a self righteous cuntbag nicotine nazi. I'm sure the bullet would be healthier than the cigarette? I guess this is bound to happen when it is government policy to shame and disgrace people from conducting legal activities.

Armed man gets 20 days for threatening pregnant smoker | Crime | The Bellingham Herald

I find it funny you say nothing about the man who illegally pulled a gun on someone.
The woman shouldn't be smoking and is an asshole for doing so, but the man cannot threaten her with a gun.

I get why the guy is in jail, but I also get why he did what he did. Those who smoke while pregnant need something done to them because not only are they putting their own life in danger, they are dragging the life of an innocent child into their mess too and to me, that is wrong too!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you are not willing to give up the cigarettes for your kids, don't have kids period then.

If you've never smoked, and gotten addicted to it, you don't need to comment. It pisses me off, because I know that smoking is bad for you health, but when I started smoking I didn't really know this. It's now compared to being addicted to cocaine. I know it is...I've tried everything to quit. People who have never gone through this have no idea what they're talking about. Some people are able to quit easily.....others (like me) have a hard addiction and need more help than we can afford to get. Back in 1971 when I had my first child, I smoked, I drank, may not have been good, but he's now 42 yrs old and doesn't smoke, and is a certified electrician. So what do you want have done to me because of this?

Hey, I think anyone that can give up cigs and alcohol during pregnancies should, can't hurt and might help. Drink like a fish and your child will pay the price.

Truth is with cigs, not so clear cut. Even less than if you have more than 3 alcohol drinks per day, evidence of which is still sketchy, at best.

Many women smoking and drinking during pregancies in US is sketchy to say the least but from 1945-1965 both were quite prevalent. Shockingly, (maybe not), not a huge perceived uptick in problems for children born to these mothers.

Nevertheless, with commonsense and the surgeons generals, why give anyone an opportunity to blame your behavior for your problem child. Plenty of reasons to drink will follow their birth. ;)

Google 'fetal alcohol syndrome.' I never worked in L&D, and I never worked with children for any appreciable length of time. But I have treated a few adults who were fetal alcohol syndrome babies. The child of the mother who drinks like a fish is doomed to a horrible life. We don't know how little alcohol it takes to cause damage, but we do know that a lot causes fetal alcohol syndrome. Smoking will also cause problems for the baby. This is well documented. Some people just don't care. And some do far worse than smoke. I am acquainted with a judge in Nashville who is not the least bit adverse to putting a drug using mother in jail for the duration of her pregnancy. We need more like him.

impression.php

Actually, the imprisonment would be to make sure she didn't smoke while pregnant and damage the child. If she's imprisoned, not need for the abortion. She needs to make up her mind if she wants the child or not and if she does, she needs to do everything she can to give that child his/her best chance. Smoking while pregnant is the opposite of that.

A person who neglects the fetus will neglect the child.

impression.php

:cuckoo:

So...if she decides to kill it...yay.
But if she subjects it to nicotine...even though there's no evidence that any but the most dedicated and random smoking mothers have inflicted damage upon their babies...that should be puishable by prison.

What if she just jabbed herself in the stomach?

How is it that you can reconcile the absolute freedom to butcher, torture and kill her unborn child...with the restrictions you want to place on a woman for smoking a cigarette while pregnant?

People are nuts.

impression.php

:cuckoo:

So...if she decides to kill it...yay.
But if she subjects it to nicotine...even though there's no evidence that any but the most dedicated and random smoking mothers have inflicted damage upon their babies...that should be puishable by prison.

What if she just jabbed herself in the stomach?

How is it that you can reconcile the absolute freedom to butcher, torture and kill her unborn child...with the restrictions you want to place on a woman for smoking a cigarette while pregnant?

People are nuts.

It's the laws of today's society. Yeah, they are nuts, but that's the way it is. Outlaw abortion and I'll say, just put her in jail, or some sort of guarded facility, until the baby is born to protect the unborn child. Since abortion is legal, she has that choice.

I smoke. I didn't when I was preggers many moons ago. Didn't eat eggs either cuz they made me sick. Craved oodles of black olives though.
Anywho, I get why he did it but he could have just vented on his opinion instead of being a doofus and pulling a gun. The woman is an idiot and doesn't give a shit about her unborn baby. However, it's still her body so it's none of anyone's business what she does. Baby or not.

I'd rather he pulled a gun on some crack ho smoking her pipe or slamming a needle in her arm....all while being preggers. That's worse, in my opinion.

Really, crack worse than tobacco? Could that be?

So, crack mama's should be facing guns? That's the answer?

folks, cigarettes and crack aren't close to equitable regarding fetal development. Get a grip. With that said, pulling a gun on crack or heroin addicts aren't going to save the fetus.

IMO, if a woman who is addicted to a substance wants the child, I have no problem jailing her until the child is born. It's better for the kid. If she doesn't want the kid, just abort it and be done with it.

Issues like this made me give up on both the left and the right. I've said it before and will say it again. The two sides are closer to the same then they want to admit.

Moral dilemma here. Naturally you can't pull a gun on someone just bc you disagree with their irresponsibility.

I hope the smoking mother to be got a wake up call though

Moral dilemma here. Naturally you can't pull a gun on someone just bc you disagree with their irresponsibility.

She was probably so scared she chained three more...

That's basically what I was trying to say. Messed it up again though. I really need to take a class in communication skills.

Nothing.
However, if your son has any illness of the lung, you are responsible because you chose your selfish addiction over his well being.

I smoked for a lot of years and it was a bitch to quit, until I made the decision to quit quitting. Once I committed to it, it was easy. Not saying I haven't wanted to smoke since but I don't. But, smoking around kids - no excuse, including the lame-ass "I didn't know any better".

If you love your child, you don't smoke.

If you choose to keep smoking, you love your cigarettes more than your child.

"hard addiction" Every smoker has a "hard addiction" and its incredibly cowardly to use that as an excuse. Funny thing is that Caroljo is very judgmental, very holier than thou of everyone else.

Not EVERYONE is the same when they try to quit...that's great that you found a way to do it. But you say i don't love my children because I smoke? You're wrong (as usual). Back when I had my kids it wasn't a big thing, at least it didn't seem to be....we didn't continually have people telling us it was wrong. I never smoke around kids now....And when have I been judgemental over others and when have I said I was better than anyone else? Because I have different opinions than you, doesn't make me judgemental. If that's the case...you also are judgemental of everyone that doesn't have the same opinion as you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Nothing.

He was born in 1971....back then we were NOT INFORMED of anything dangerous with cigarettes....back then we still had cigarette commercials! Quitting smoking is not easy for most people, depends on how long they've smoked. Some people get more addicted than others. You can't say it's easy for everyone!

Forum List

Back