Police State: Man Sentenced To 30 Days In Jail, Collecting Rainwater On His Property

Why the hell is the US still in Afghanistan? Great damn question!

But Afghanistan is not the US. They have never stopped fighting, if not against invaders, then against each other, for thousands of years. They have immense spaces to disappear into, are armed with fully auto weapons, know their terrain to the square centimeter, and fight a force that will and wants to go home.

If you think people are not even willing to vote for a third party, how many do you think will join you in an armed rebellion almost certain to fail?

The 3%ers

If he were living in my area he would have gotten a fine for raising mosquitoes, his pools of rainwater would be a breeding ground for billions of them.

I do however appreciate those who demand the freedom to be bitten to a pulp, perhaps contracting West Nile disease or a number of other infections.

Your zeal is commendable.

To be clear:
I have always liked North Carolina and found the people very nice.

I object strenuously to the current central government.

I find your position(s) far too extreme.

Sure, lets send a good law abiding Taxpayer to jail with brutal murderers, rapists, and child molesters, for collecting rainwater on his own property. Sounds brilliant Big Brother, just brilliant.

A rural Oregon man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 days in jail and over $1,500 in fines because he had three reservoirs on his property to collect and use rainwater.

Gary Harrington of Eagle Point, Ore., says he plans to appeal his conviction in Jackson County (Ore.) Circuit Court on nine misdemeanor charges under a 1925 law for having what state water managers called “three illegal reservoirs” on his property – and for filling the reservoirs with rainwater and snow runoff.

“The government is bullying,” Harrington told CNSNews.com in an interview Thursday.

“They’ve just gotten to be big bullies and if you just lay over and die and give up, that just makes them bigger bullies. So, we as Americans, we need to stand on our constitutional rights, on our rights as citizens and hang tough. This is a good country, we’ll prevail,” he said.

The court has given Harrington two weeks to report to the Jackson County Jail to begin serving his sentence.

Harrington said the case first began in 2002, when state water managers told him there were complaints about the three “reservoirs” – ponds – on his more than 170 acres of land.

According to Oregon water laws, all water is publicly owned. Therefore, anyone who wants to store any type of water on their property must first obtain a permit from state water managers.

Harrington said he applied for three permits to legally house reservoirs for storm and snow water runoff on his property. One of the “reservoirs” had been on his property for 37 years, he said...

Read More:
Oregon Man Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail -- for Collecting Rainwater on His Property | CNSNews.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
I guess the Oregonian flag should just be a swastika on a green background. Ecofascism at it's finest.

The Iraqi army outnumbered the American, too. It only made for more casualties.
You want to try to shoot down an attack helicopter while also holding back a tank and being flanked by Rangers or Marines?
A few resistants might maintain a short time in far removed mountains and valleys.
The vast land mass of America would be under total control.

Harrington had gotten in trouble before for damming the river and they did not put him in jail.

He is a repeat offender:

According to Paul, Harrington entered a guilty plea at the time, received three years probation and was ordered to open up the water gates.

“A very short period of time following the expiration of his probation, he once again closed the gates and re-filled the reservoirs,” Paul told CNSNews.com. “So, this has been going on for some time and I think frankly the court felt that Mr. Harrington was not getting the message and decided that they’d already given him probation once and required him to open the gates and he refilled his reservoirs and it was business as usual for him, so I think the court wanted -- it felt it needed -- to give a stiffer penalty to get Mr. Harrington’s attention.”

Does Oregon have the Three Strikes law? They could just give him life!

These aren't felony offenses.

Under Oregon law, all water is publicly owned. With some exceptions, cities, farmers, factory owners and other users must obtain a permit or water right from the Water Resources Department to use water from any source— whether it is underground, or from lakes or streams. Landowners with water flowing past, through, or under their property do not automatically have the right to use that water without a permit from the Department.

Water Resources Department Water Law

I would challenge that though. If you want to utilize my private property that I already pay you taxes on, then you should be getting the permit from me...not the other way around.

"You can never be certain of the authenticity of quotes on the internet" -Abraham Lincoln

I challenge this quotation. If it had really been Lincoln, he would have capitalized the 'I' in Internet!

The 3% would be 100% casualties.

:lol: 3% of American gun owners take a stand against the government still out number all police and military combined.

Let me make one thing clear, sir: if you think that you have the right to take up armed resistance to the government, you are dead wrong. There is no such right; and to propagate such action is sedition, and perpetrate it treason. Unless you want to reenact the Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas massacres, I suggest that you put such ideas out of your mind.

The 3% would be 100% casualties.

:lol: 3% of American gun owners take a stand against the government still out number all police and military combined.

Let me make one thing clear, sir: if you think that you have the right to take up armed resistance to the government, you are dead wrong. There is no such right; and to propagate such action is sedition, and perpetrate it treason. Unless you want to reenact the Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas massacres, I suggest that you put such ideas out of your mind.

Let me be very fucking clear sheeple, if the people of Germany had taken a stand against Hitler there never would have been a world war two.
Let me be very clear you don't need to be so fucking stupid.
Let me be very clear an unjust law is still an unjust law no matter if it's made by elected Representative or a dictator.
Let me be clear the deceleration of Independence is quite clear as to how we can do an unjust government.

HAVE I MADE MYSELF QUITE CLEAR?

The Iraqi army outnumbered the American, too. It only made for more casualties.
You want to try to shoot down an attack helicopter while also holding back a tank and being flanked by Rangers or Marines?
A few resistants might maintain a short time in far removed mountains and valleys.
The vast land mass of America would be under total control.

:lol: The government would have to find people to man those unmanned attack helicopter, the government would have to find replacements for the troops who will not fight

No, not clear at all. The argument that we, as citizens, have a constitutional right to take up arms against our lawfully constituted government is without any foundation. There is no support for such right, either historically or constitutionally. The American Revolution was a war waged for separation of the American colonies from the rule of the English monarchy, and not a rebellion against the established colonial governments. The colonies were being taxed under English laws in which they had no elected representatives in Parliament; and when the Crown refused to grant representation, the colonies, in Continental Congress, declared their separate statehood and independence. Likewise, the reliance on the supposed historical record of the founding fathers is wrong. George Washington, who is considered the father of our nation and who commanded the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, was the president of the Constitutional Convention that drafted our Constitution that is the framework of our government of laws; and thereafter was elected to be the first President of the United States. During his term in office, President Washington put down the Whisky rebellion of 1794, which was an armed insurrection against the government in protest of the tax enacted by Congress in 1791. Washington personally lead the organized militia to quash the rebellion and assert the federal government’s authority over the states and their citizens. We would do well to learn from history, and stop trying to rewrite it.

No, not clear at all. The argument that we, as citizens, have a constitutional right to take up arms against our lawfully constituted government is without any foundation. There is no support for such right, either historically or constitutionally. The American Revolution was a war waged for separation of the American colonies from the rule of the English monarchy, and not a rebellion against the established colonial governments. The colonies were being taxed under English laws in which they had no elected representatives in Parliament; and when the Crown refused to grant representation, the colonies, in Continental Congress, declared their separate statehood and independence. Likewise, the reliance on the supposed historical record of the founding fathers is wrong. George Washington, who is considered the father of our nation and who commanded the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, was the president of the Constitutional Convention that drafted our Constitution that is the framework of our government of laws; and thereafter was elected to be the first President of the United States. During his term in office, President Washington put down the Whisky rebellion of 1794, which was an armed insurrection against the government in protest of the tax enacted by Congress in 1791. Washington personally lead the organized militia to quash the rebellion and assert the federal government’s authority over the states and their citizens. We would do well to learn from history, and stop trying to rewrite it.

Sheeple

"The government would have to find people to man those unmanned attack helicopter, the government would have to find replacements for the troops who will not fight"

You could not be more deceived than to think 'they' would have any trouble at all getting soldiers to obey orders. Look at Kent State! Any decent soldier would have shot the s.o.b. who gave the order to fire.

"The government would have to find people to man those unmanned attack helicopter, the government would have to find replacements for the troops who will not fight"

You could not be more deceived than to think 'they' would have any trouble at all getting soldiers to obey orders. Look at Kent State! Any decent soldier would have shot the s.o.b. who gave the order to fire.

Kent state was state troops and again I know many members of the army that have said they would not fight Americans but take their side

HEIL BIG BROTHER!! Yes, this terrorist will come out of our brutal jail-system a much better man. He deserves to suffer. Why does he hate America so much? I know i'll sleep much better knowing he's off the streets and in jail with brutal murderers, rapists, and child molesters. Cause that's where he definitely belongs. Thank you Big Brother.

Thousands of illegal scum slither across the border everyday ,and there worried about rainwater ?

$drops.jpg

Forum List

Back