🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man Shoots At Intruders, Turns Out It Was A No-knock Raid. Now He Faces The Death Penalty

Go back to Ruby Ridge. A guy (I forgot his name) killed a federal agent and was acquitted by the jury because they saw it as self defense. The agent was in the woods outside the home.

His name is Randy Weaver. He was a relatively peaceful fellow who never harmed anyone, an amateur gunsmith who had done a few shady things for people and the BATF set him up by having an undercover agent talk him into sawing down a shotgun barrel.

He was arrested and given a court appearance date. Then BATF changed the date without informing him. When he failed to show up they got a warrant and pulled a commando raid on his mountain-top home, during which they failed to announce, killed his 14 year-old son who challenged them, then a sniper shot and killed his wife who was holding a baby in her arms.

Killing the agent was adjudged self defense by the court because BATF failed to announce and identify themselves when they killed Weaver's son.

BATF are the same cowboys who instigated and initiated the Waco Massacre.

What a load of bullshit.

BATF talked him to sawing off a shotgun barrel? LOL

Oh , and also BATF doesn't change court dates, courts do and it isd YOUR responsibility to know when you are supposed to be in court.

One, it wasn't the barrel. The BARREL was 18", which is legal. The STOCK, however, was shortened (it is still unknown who shortened it), making the whole shotgun 1/8" too short.

Two: the summons he was sent had the wrong date on it.

Sorry about that guess I didn't read and assume he cut the barrel.

As for the summons having the wrong date, those things happen, and they didn't send out the posse because he missed ONE court date. That's not how it works.

Yes it is how things work. The feds offered to make the charges go away if Weaver would work as an informant. Weaver refused, so they put the screws to him.

Tough shit for him

Self Defense. If he didn't know who they were, and they were coming through the window bang bang.

Go back to Ruby Ridge. A guy (I forgot his name) killed a federal agent and was acquitted by the jury because they saw it as self defense. The agent was in the woods outside the home.

His name is Randy Weaver. He was a relatively peaceful fellow who never harmed anyone, an amateur gunsmith who had done a few shady things for people and the BATF set him up by having an undercover agent talk him into sawing down a shotgun barrel.

He was arrested and given a court appearance date. Then BATF changed the date without informing him. When he failed to show up they got a warrant and pulled a commando raid on his mountain-top home, during which they failed to announce, killed his 14 year-old son who challenged them, then a sniper shot and killed his wife who was holding a baby in her arms.

Killing the agent was adjudged self defense by the court because BATF failed to announce and identify themselves when they killed Weaver's son.

BATF are the same cowboys who instigated and initiated the Waco Massacre.

What a load of bullshit.

BATF talked him to sawing off a shotgun barrel? LOL

Oh , and also BATF doesn't change court dates, courts do and it isd YOUR responsibility to know when you are supposed to be in court.
It is the responsibility of the Court to notify you also. As fopr changing court dates I am afraid you are a bit naive if you think Government law enforcement can't change dates.

Weaver was entrapped and because of that a Federal Judge ruled the shotgun charge a no go. That is the fact in the matter.

Hey.....somebody is crawling in through your window, you target the bead of the 12G on the head and squeeze the trigger.

End of story.

"No knock".......what a crock of shit.

People reading this thread need to realize that some posters are clueless.......the limpwristers......they see situations like this like you need to follow some kind of decorum. These same people have wiffle ball bat home defense systems......so beware input from bubble dwellers:gay::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Hey.....somebody is crawling in through your window, you target the bead of the 12G on the head and squeeze the trigger.

End of story.

People reading this thread need to realize that some posters are clueless.......the limpwristers......they see situations like this like you need to follow some kind of decorum. These same people have wiffle ball bat home defense systems......so beware input from bubble dwellers:gay::biggrin::biggrin:
No, you need to realize there are laws that exist without your approval. Shooting people outside your window may not end well for you.

Being that this did take place in Texas and we have had several threads over the years regarding the right to protect yourself and Stand your ground, like the white man who shot a neighbor's robbers running away in the neighbor's front yard, who was not even charged.....

This action of the police and attorney general of charging him with first degree murder, seems excessive and not on par with all the other rulings in Texas regarding these same type instances, OTHER THAN this time it was the police intruding in to this man's house, through a window.....

seems wrong.

Is there more facts to this story that clarifies what is going on here, other than the op link that I missed?

End of story.

No, you need to realize there are laws that exist without your approval. Shooting people outside your window may not end well for you.

So SWAT is so efficient they can't even make it to somebody's window at 5:30 in the morning without them getting a drop on them. :laugh:

If the guy said that he shot people outside the window, the cops just twisted his language. He probably said yea, the guy was a little bit outside the window (climbing in), and the cops twist that to make it sound like he was shooting them on the street.

So SWAT is so efficient they can't even make it to somebody's window at 5:30 in the morning without them getting a drop on them. :laugh:

If the guy said that he shot people outside the window, the cops just twisted his language. He probably said yea, the guy was a little bit outside the window (climbing in), and the cops twist that to make it sound like he was shooting them on the street.
I wasn't there but apparently you were. Fill us in on some details. On the first page I posted:
"According to the arrest affidavit, Guy admitted to police he shot at “a number of persons” outside of residence before being taken into custody Friday.

You say the cops are lying so what is your version and where specifically were you?

It happened in Texas a self defense State they do not have to be in the house, further the broken windows would attest to the fact they were entering your home.
All states have self defense statutes. Whether you can legally shoot someone depends on the circumstances. I'm guessing the prosecutor is more familiar with state law than the lopsided boraod brushed agenda driven op-ed piece.

Texas is a stand your ground state. All the person has to say is they FELT threatened and it's legal to shoot. I doesn't matter where it happens whether inside a home or not.

Think george zimmerman for a good example of stand your ground.

How was the home owner to know it was the police? They didn't knock or announce themselves. They just broke in through a window.

I have a hard time believing you wouldn't shoot when you see strangers coming through your window at 5:30 in the morning in a stand your ground state.

If it goes to trial I would be extremely surprised if the man is convicted.

The police are required to identify themselves even in a no knock situation. If they did it's murder. If they didn't self defense. It really is that simple.

If this is not police policy in all situations it should be. If the police did not identify themselves as police it is their problem.

I wasn't there but apparently you were. Fill us in on some details. On the first page I posted:
"According to the arrest affidavit, Guy admitted to police he shot at “a number of persons” outside of residence before being taken into custody Friday.

You say the cops are lying so what is your version and where specifically were you?
Cops were crawling through his window, in Texas stand your ground includes firing on people outside your home. The person in the window and his buddies outside waiting to do the same. The Cops failed to identify themselves, they are at fault not the homeowner.

There should not be "NO KNOCK'' searches, primarily for the safety of the policemen, and secondary for our right to privacy imho.

Cops were crawling through his window, in Texas stand your ground includes firing on people outside your home. The person in the window and his buddies outside waiting to do the same. The Cops failed to identify themselves, they are at fault not the homeowner.
How do you know the cops failed to identify themselves and it is perfectly legal to kill anyone else outside the window? You need to clear that up instead of just passing gas and declaring case closed.

How do you know the cops failed to identify themselves and it is perfectly legal to kill anyone else outside the window? You need to clear that up instead of just passing gas and declaring case closed.
Wrong you claimed they did identify themselves it is YOUR job to prove your claim I do not have to prove a negative. As for the law we have all seen exactly what stand your ground and self defense mean in Texas over the last couple years. A man shot dead people not even on his property running away from him after robbing his neighbors house and guess what? NO CHARGES.

If they don't have a recording of his confession, it is his word against the cops of exactly what he meant by that. You can be climbing in a window and still be characterized as being outside.

If you are shooting at suspected home invaders climbing in your window, that makes the others outside "guilty" by association.

Forum List

Back