🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man standing in his own back yard shot 20 times by police. He was armed with a cell phone.

Police shot and killed an unarmed black man in his own backyard. All he was holding was a cellphone.

BBKxsld.img

Come on, you knew he was black. Whites can riot, carry semi automatics and the police will do nothing. But arm a young black with a cell phone or Skittles and Republicans will send tens of thousands to the killer's defense fund. Oh, look, his shirt has a hood. How many USMB Republicans will now say he was a thug who deserved what he got?

Stunning victory for Bundy family as all charges dismissed in 2014 standoff case

Remember Bundy? Threatening US Marshals? Armed with rifles?

Then let go.

Imagine if they had been black. It would have been a bloodbath.

The police didnt know the guy was black if you listen to the 911 tape. All they knew from the caller was the guy hiding in a back yard was smashing out windows. Is that a capital offense ? no way, its too bad. I wouldn't wish anyone to get shot to death. If you watch the arial footage though you can see he was jumping over neighbors fences before he was ever confronted by police.
Too bad this kid put himself in that position to be confronted by police. His mistake was doing this in a residential neighborhood at night and then jumping into someone else's back yard. The police cant really ignore that if they get called on it. Doing that kind of thing at night when people are home is going to be seen as more of a threat.
Did police need to shoot? I don't know, maybe not, but people cant put themselves in that position and think everything's going to be ok. I think sometimes these shootings happen due to police being over jumpy and not knowing how to handle a stressful situation... more so than race, because half of the time the cops themselves are also black or another minority. I think there are some training issues that need looking at, such as hiring more ex military for the job over civilians. The other side of the coin is in 2018 with unarmed blacks getting shot being the main news item of the day, people need to also stop doing stupid things if they dont want to get pulled over. I would say its a mix of both those things. In this case the police didnt know it was a black guy until the moment he was confronted, so for those people who say the cops were out hunting... they need to try again.

stats for 2018 so far
Fatal Force: 2018 police shootings database

Actually trespassing and breaking into a house or car by smashing out windows is a capital offense, since the owner is within his rights to shoot such an invader dead.

Only while the threat is ongoing. The owner can't shoot him at a later time. The home owner wasn't the one who killed the man anyway.

I’m just pointing out if he was killed earlier there would be no uproar about it.

At the time of his shooting he was being perused by police, and refused to obey orders after committing a crime he already could had been shot dead for. It was very likely a perfectly legal self defense shooting by the cops. This is just yet another leftwing and black activism narrative in order to stoke hatred against police and America in general.

I hear cell phones can give you cancer. I that why they feared for their life? Otherwise, I saw no threat to them.

It doesn't matter what you do if you are Black and a cop wants to kill you. After you're dead they say anything to cover their asses whether you complied or not....you can't testify when you're dead...I thought you knew that!

When you start from that premise...that all cops are evil racists that want you dead at all costs...then a smart person would comply at all costs and never give the police the least excuse.

But that isn't the premise I start from. I start from...cops just want to not get killed and protect the public from dangerous criminals...and once you start giving them the idea that you are a dangerous criminal by running from them, trying to escape, then they have to wonder just how far you will go to get away. Are you already wanted for murder? I mean, they have to go with the worst case scenarios...that you are willing to kill to escape. Leaves a lot of opportunity for misunderstandings, misidentifications...because the police aren't going to be the ones going out feet first if they can help it. That black object in your hand...is it a gun? Looked like a gun. He isn't surrendering. Better safe than dead...I mean, he is failing to comply, he ran from police...one more time "GUN, GUN, GUN...SHOW ME YOUR HANDS NOW!!!!"...I've identified it as a gun, he is not surrendering, he's not shouting 'I'm unarmed, i give up"...it's a gun for sure...can't let him escape now...he could shoot anyone, a cop, a civilian, he might kick in the door to this house and take hostages (they have no idea he lives here)...he could carjack a vehicle full of kids, ...got to stop him here...BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!

That's the way I see it...YMMV.

Police shot and killed an unarmed black man in his own backyard. All he was holding was a cellphone.

BBKxsld.img

Come on, you knew he was black. Whites can riot, carry semi automatics and the police will do nothing. But arm a young black with a cell phone or Skittles and Republicans will send tens of thousands to the killer's defense fund. Oh, look, his shirt has a hood. How many USMB Republicans will now say he was a thug who deserved what he got?

Stunning victory for Bundy family as all charges dismissed in 2014 standoff case

Then let go.

“Standing in his backyard minding his own business”.....after he led cops on a wild chase, even with a helicopter.

Can you be a bigger lying sack of shit, deany?

I don't think DeanR saw the video until now. But we still don't know what happened on the ground that caused the cops to shoot. I'd have to see the body cam video to conclude justifiable homicide.

All the video the cops released is here...two body cams and the helicopter video...plus the 911 call I think...maybe police radio traffic.

18-82449:Officer Involved Shooting 7500 Block of 29th St - YouTube
Have a good night...I'm hitting the hay.

It doesn't matter what you do if you are Black and a cop wants to kill you. After you're dead they say anything to cover their asses whether you complied or not....you can't testify when you're dead...I thought you knew that!

When you start from that premise...that all cops are evil racists that want you dead at all costs...then a smart person would comply at all costs and never give the police the least excuse.

But that isn't the premise I start from. I start from...cops just want to not get killed and protect the public from dangerous criminals...and once you start giving them the idea that you are a dangerous criminal by running from them, trying to escape, then they have to wonder just how far you will go to get away. Are you already wanted for murder? I mean, they have to go with the worst case scenarios...that you are willing to kill to escape. Leaves a lot of opportunity for misunderstandings, misidentifications...because the police aren't going to be the ones going out feet first if they can help it. That black object in your hand...is it a gun? Looked like a gun. He isn't surrendering. Better safe than dead...I mean, he is failing to comply, he ran from police...one more time "GUN, GUN, GUN...SHOW ME YOUR HANDS NOW!!!!"...I've identified it as a gun, he is not surrendering, he's not shouting 'I'm unarmed, i give up"...it's a gun for sure...can't let him escape now...he could shoot anyone, a cop, a civilian, he might kick in the door to this house and take hostages (they have no idea he lives here)...he could carjack a vehicle full of kids, ...got to stop him here...BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!

Now that I've seen the video I am inclined to agree. The suspect was jumping fences and trying to elude the cops. It was dark when the ground cops caught up to him and if the events went down as the cops said, a cell phone could be mistaken for a weapon under those circumstances. Still 20 shots is a bit of an overkill. But I am not so callous as to take any cops report of events after they killed someone. There has been too much corruption and lying by cops in the past. We saw the shooting from a helicopter camera and heard nothing of the exchange on the ground. We may never know the truth now... or we might have it... I don't know.

BBKxsld.img

Then let go.

Accidents happen

Not even worth a response.

Now that I've seen the video I am inclined to agree. The suspect was jumping fences and trying to elude the cops. It was dark when the ground cops caught up to him and if the events went down as the cops said, a cell phone could be mistaken for a weapon under those circumstances. Still 20 shots is a bit of an overkill. But I am not so callous as to take any cops report of events after they killed someone. There has been too much corruption and lying by cops in the past. We saw the shooting from a helicopter camera and heard nothing of the exchange on the ground. We may never know the truth now... or we might have it... I don't know.

Now c'mon, a trained officer should be able to tell the difference between a gun and a cell phone. Here is the situation from 3 body cams and the helicopter.

Updated: ‘Show me your hands.’ Police video shows death of Stephon Clark in a hail of gunfire

Boy, I just watched the first bodycam vid. They protected and served the arse off that guy all right.

BBKxsld.img

Then let go.

I find this very sad and disturbing. One thing I noticed in the article is that in 2018, 230 people have been killed by the police. Thirty-eight were black, but that is 16%, close to the same as the percentage of blacks in the population. The real question though is the validity for the shootings. It looks like there was no valid reason for this young man to be shot, and that's really the question. Why didn't the police order him to drop what he was holding, to put his hands up?

Last edited:

BBKxsld.img

Then let go.

Accidents happen
I'm sure you'd say the same thing if it was your kid, brother, or best friend.

Last edited:
The clueless stupidity of most conservatives is remarkable, as is the extent to which rightists just don’t get it.

Whether the police made a good faith mistake or not isn’t the issue, and conservatives blindly coming to the defense of the police illustrates the extent to which they completely miss the point, or simply don’t care.

BBKxsld.img

Then let go.

Accidents happen

That wasn’t an accident, it was an execution. If you keep on excusing these types of mistakes, you’re going to further alienate an already alarmed community. The police’s own video show that he’s not the bad actor, accused of breaking into neighborhood cars, that they were pursuing. He steps out of his back door with his cell phone in his hand and is immediately confronted by armed officers. He is ordered to stop, and simultaneously with this order and the exhortation “gun, gun”, is shot thirteen times. Afterward, one officer directs the rest to mute their body cameras. What this whole episode demonstrates, once again, is that police don’t feel constrained on the use of force against black males. It also demonstrates that they have developed procedures to minimize their exposure to disciplinary and criminal actions, and by so doing, hamstringing any follow on investigation. Hell, we already know the outcome, no criminal charges will be forthcoming and the whole incident swept under the mountain of similar actions by police across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBKxsld.img

Then let go.

Accidents happen
When you are in your own back yard, an accident is tripping over a rake or spilling your soda.

Not 20 bullets with you the target.

Don't be a butthead.

First no one saying all cops.

Second, it was this guys own backyard. If he had a gun in his own back yard then so what? Is that something only white Republicans can do?

So why don't you S T F U !

That's why there is so much wrong with your kind. Instead of looking at the facts, you try to massage the facts into a happy ending.

Forum List

Back