🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man standing in his own back yard shot 20 times by police. He was armed with a cell phone.

i could see why the police felt their lives were threatened if he was running away

said no one

He wasn't running when he was shot...he climbed on a tool shed, leapt over a fence, headed for the road, saw the police, doubled back and appeared to be cornered. There was a helicopter spot light on him...he knew damn well it was the police. They said "show me your hands" repeatedly...he refused. They saw what they thought was a gun...they said "gun, gun, gun ... show me your hands" again...again he refused. After all that, they came around the corner, he didn't have his hands in the air, they shot him.

No bullshit "hands up, don't shoot" this time... they have two body cams and an aerial flir image video.

Bottom line for the 164,265,549th time...follow lawful orders, don't run, actually put your hands up...and guess what...there's no misunderstandings. You may go to jail, but you won't be dead.

Nope. The helicopter light wasn't on him

You're right, there was no light on him. But they did have sight of him with the FLIR.

Is that all? THINK MF. If you are sitting back kicking it in your own backyard minding your own business and suddenly a bunch of crazed cops run up on you with guns drawn, you might panic and run too. But the cops haven't quite got their stories together just yet. One also said the victim extended his hand towards them holding what they thought was a gun, Turns out it was a cell phone. So, 20 shots ? But I don't believe damn thing those cops said. Naturally, they will cover their asses and Trump will grunt and nod his rug covered head in tacit approval.

It looks to me like he was in someone else's backyard when they spotted him.

Is that all? THINK MF. If you are sitting back kicking it in your own backyard minding your own business and suddenly a bunch of crazed cops run up on you with guns drawn, you might panic and run too. But the cops haven't quite got their stories together just yet. One also said the victim extended his hand towards them holding what they thought was a gun, Turns out it was a cell phone. So, 20 shots ? But I don't believe damn thing those cops said. Naturally, they will cover their asses and Trump will grunt and nod his rug covered head in tacit approval.

It looks to me like he was in someone else's backyard when they spotted him.
Yep...once i saw the video...that was confirmed.

It doesn't matter what you do if you are Black and a cop wants to kill you. After you're dead they say anything to cover their asses whether you complied or not....you can't testify when you're dead...I thought you knew that!

When you start from that premise...that all cops are evil racists that want you dead at all costs...then a smart person would comply at all costs and never give the police the least excuse.

But that isn't the premise I start from. I start from...cops just want to not get killed and protect the public from dangerous criminals...and once you start giving them the idea that you are a dangerous criminal by running from them, trying to escape, then they have to wonder just how far you will go to get away. Are you already wanted for murder? I mean, they have to go with the worst case scenarios...that you are willing to kill to escape. Leaves a lot of opportunity for misunderstandings, misidentifications...because the police aren't going to be the ones going out feet first if they can help it. That black object in your hand...is it a gun? Looked like a gun. He isn't surrendering. Better safe than dead...I mean, he is failing to comply, he ran from police...one more time "GUN, GUN, GUN...SHOW ME YOUR HANDS NOW!!!!"...I've identified it as a gun, he is not surrendering, he's not shouting 'I'm unarmed, i give up"...it's a gun for sure...can't let him escape now...he could shoot anyone, a cop, a civilian, he might kick in the door to this house and take hostages (they have no idea he lives here)...he could carjack a vehicle full of kids, ...got to stop him here...BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!

That's the way I see it...YMMV.
Now that I've seen the video I am inclined to agree. The suspect was jumping fences and trying to elude the cops. It was dark when the ground cops caught up to him and if the events went down as the cops said, a cell phone could be mistaken for a weapon under those circumstances. Still 20 shots is a bit of an overkill. But I am not so callous as to take any cops report of events after they killed someone. There has been too much corruption and lying by cops in the past. We saw the shooting from a helicopter camera and heard nothing of the exchange on the ground. We may never know the truth now... or we might have it... I don't know.

Now c'mon, a trained officer should be able to tell the difference between a gun and a cell phone. Here is the situation from 3 body cams and the helicopter.

Updated: ‘Show me your hands.’ Police video shows death of Stephon Clark in a hail of gunfire

Anybody can tell the difference between a gun and a cell phone...during the day. As you most likely saw in the video, it was nighttime and a police officer is no better than the rest of us at distinguishing a gun from a cell phone in the dark.

You don't kill someone for breaking car windows or for running from the police. The video is horrifying. They didn't give him a chance. It's like he was run down and shot like he was a wild animal that had been attacking someone. If he was the person breaking car windows, that is not a reason to kill someone.

They didn't shoot him for breaking windows or running from the cops, they shot him because they thought he had a gun.

Police shot and killed an unarmed black man in his own backyard. All he was holding was a cellphone.

BBKxsld.img

Come on, you knew he was black. Whites can riot, carry semi automatics and the police will do nothing. But arm a young black with a cell phone or Skittles and Republicans will send tens of thousands to the killer's defense fund. Oh, look, his shirt has a hood. How many USMB Republicans will now say he was a thug who deserved what he got?

Stunning victory for Bundy family as all charges dismissed in 2014 standoff case

Remember Bundy? Threatening US Marshals? Armed with rifles?

Then let go.

Imagine if they had been black. It would have been a bloodbath.

Accidents happen

That wasn’t an accident, it was an execution. If you keep on excusing these types of mistakes,

If it was a mistake then it wasn't an execution.

you’re going to further alienate an already alarmed community. The police’s own video show that he’s not the bad actor, accused of breaking into neighborhood cars, that they were pursuing. He steps out of his back door with his cell phone in his hand and is immediately confronted by armed officers.

He wasn't stepping out his own back door, the helicopter video clearly shows that he had just jumped the fence from someone else's back yard.

It doesn't matter what you do if you are Black and a cop wants to kill you. After you're dead they say anything to cover their asses whether you complied or not....you can't testify when you're dead...I thought you knew that!

When you start from that premise...that all cops are evil racists that want you dead at all costs...then a smart person would comply at all costs and never give the police the least excuse.

But that isn't the premise I start from. I start from...cops just want to not get killed and protect the public from dangerous criminals...and once you start giving them the idea that you are a dangerous criminal by running from them, trying to escape, then they have to wonder just how far you will go to get away. Are you already wanted for murder? I mean, they have to go with the worst case scenarios...that you are willing to kill to escape. Leaves a lot of opportunity for misunderstandings, misidentifications...because the police aren't going to be the ones going out feet first if they can help it. That black object in your hand...is it a gun? Looked like a gun. He isn't surrendering. Better safe than dead...I mean, he is failing to comply, he ran from police...one more time "GUN, GUN, GUN...SHOW ME YOUR HANDS NOW!!!!"...I've identified it as a gun, he is not surrendering, he's not shouting 'I'm unarmed, i give up"...it's a gun for sure...can't let him escape now...he could shoot anyone, a cop, a civilian, he might kick in the door to this house and take hostages (they have no idea he lives here)...he could carjack a vehicle full of kids, ...got to stop him here...BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!

Now that I've seen the video I am inclined to agree. The suspect was jumping fences and trying to elude the cops. It was dark when the ground cops caught up to him and if the events went down as the cops said, a cell phone could be mistaken for a weapon under those circumstances. Still 20 shots is a bit of an overkill. But I am not so callous as to take any cops report of events after they killed someone. There has been too much corruption and lying by cops in the past. We saw the shooting from a helicopter camera and heard nothing of the exchange on the ground. We may never know the truth now... or we might have it... I don't know.

Now c'mon, a trained officer should be able to tell the difference between a gun and a cell phone. Here is the situation from 3 body cams and the helicopter.

Updated: ‘Show me your hands.’ Police video shows death of Stephon Clark in a hail of gunfire

I'm more concerned with the few frames of the video and .recorded sound showing the shooters point of view and mental state. The millisecond gap between when the officer yelled show me your hands, GUN.and shots being fired is troubling.. It seems the suspect was trying to show his hands but wasn't ordered to drop his cell phone which was already in his hands. Where were his hands before he was ordered to show them? Indeed the officer's actions leaves more questions than answers on the table. From what I have seen and heaed thus far leads toward the conclusion that the cop did not give the young man time to respond to the orders given.. Could race have been a factor there? Thats highly probable.

I'm more concerned with the few frames of the video and .recorded sound showing the shooters point of view and mental state. The millisecond gap between when the officer yelled show me your hands, GUN.and shots being fired is troubling.. It seems the suspect was trying to show his hands but wasn't ordered to drop his cell phone which was already in his hands. Where were his hands before he was ordered to show them? Indeed the officer's actions leaves more questions than answers on the table. From what I have seen and heaed thus far leads toward the conclusion that the cop did not give the young man time to respond to the orders given.. Could race have been a factor there? Thats highly probable.

Make up your mind, was the decision to shoot made in haste or was it a premeditated racist attack?

too bad the stupid jiggaboo ran form the cops and didn't do as they told him.

Say.......that thing in your avatar looks familiar?
But I cant quite put my finger on where I would have seen something so homosexual.....:dunno:

Police shot and killed an unarmed black man in his own backyard. All he was holding was a cellphone.

BBKxsld.img

Come on, you knew he was black. Whites can riot, carry semi automatics and the police will do nothing. But arm a young black with a cell phone or Skittles and Republicans will send tens of thousands to the killer's defense fund. Oh, look, his shirt has a hood. How many USMB Republicans will now say he was a thug who deserved what he got?

Stunning victory for Bundy family as all charges dismissed in 2014 standoff case

Then let go.

police don't shoot whites?
Ruby Ridge they shot his son and wife
police don't beat complying whites????!!!!??

stop the stupid crap of police only shoot blacks/etc .very ridiculous

BBKxsld.img

Then let go.

The local talk radio show is uber conservative, you should have heard them trying to dismiss the Austin bomber as just confused and 'probably a decent guy that blah blah blah'. Listen on a day ANYONE that is black or hispanic gets shot by police and he was the worst human since the last worst human. The over the top racism that conservatives swim in is who they are.
please prove the majority of conservatives agree with the radio crap/etc
I say good riddance to any criminal --white/black/brown/purple/etc

there are going to be mistakes/accidents/problems/errors/etc by the police--that's what humans do
but as I have proved in MANY threads, there is not a major, chronic problem of police shooting blacks
Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

Memo to self if cops are running around my house and neighborhood at night stay inside...

Make up your mind, was the decision to+vjca shoot made in haste or was it a premeditated racist attack?
Open your eyes, it could have been both! Meadow view is a predominantlty black neighborhood that has had a strained relationship with cops.

Forum List

Back